My Road Trip

Hide And Seek

“Come on Remmie where are ya, where are ya love.” I muttered to myself while hurrying through the streets of Winterthur, Switzerland.

The streets were crowed and I couldn’t see worth shit. Remmie could be anywhere by now, fuck she could be out of the country for all I know. But I just couldn’t give up yet, not without a fight. I was going to find Remmie, even if it takes me all night.

I stopped on a corner, cursing under my breath. I ran a hand quickly through my hair and looked around. I was running out of time, it was like a race and I wasn’t doing such a good job. “Fuck.” I said shaking my head and turning in a circle.

I checked every Tavern I came upon, every coffee shop as well but still no Remmie. There were only so many Taverns left for me to look in. Come on Oli, you can do this. You can find her. I thought crossing the street.

This street I walked down wasn’t as crowed, might be a little easier looking for Remmie. I just needed her, I needed to find her and hold her in my arms and never let her go. I loved this girl and I didn’t want to loose her, I would be heartbroken. I don’t think she knows how much she means to me.

Why would she just leave like that! I don’t understand! I probably would have been more understanding if she told me and not Gaskarth. I thought.

I punched the brick wall next to me and leaned against it. Burring my face into my hands, I just wanted to cry. What if I couldn’t find her? Then what would I do. I wouldn’t be the same if Remmie wasn’t by my side. This girl means so much to me.

Hitting my head against the brick wall I stared up into the night sky. The stars were shining brightly and it was snowing. The snow flakes were big and thick, fluttering down from the sky gently. I couldn’t help but smile to myself, I knew right now Remmie would be trying to catch the snow flakes on her tongue. Or lay down in the middle of the street making a snow angel.

Oh Remmie… where are you… I thought. Her face was burned into my eyes, I saw it all the time and it was killing me right now.

“Fuck!” I shouted pushing off the wall. I needed to punch something, where was Gaskarth when you needed a punching bag.

Shaking my head I looked across the street, there was a Tavern. I believe this was the last Tavern here in Winterthur. So it was all or nothing, this was my last chance in trying to find Remmie. Taking a deep breath I made my way across the street. If she wasn’t here, then I was getting a drink. Because running around all day was not an easy task.

My heart beat increases by ten. I felt my body get hot, I was nervous and anxious at the same time. I kept praying that she would be in here, I would be so happy if she was.

Slowly, I opened the door and walked in. There was hardly anyone in here. There was a couple people sitting in the corner, some person sitting at the bar. A single guy sitting at his own table reading a paper. I glanced around about ten times before sighing in defeat.

She’s gone, she’s really gone. I thought walking up to the bar and taking a seat on a stool.

I buried my face into my hands, I just wanted to breakdown crying and die. My life was over, I lost the girl that I was in love with. All because I was a dumbass and didn’t tell her that I was only going to talk to Amanda and that she didn’t need to worry.

“Hello sir, can I get you anything?” I looked up at the bartender, he middle aged man was wiping clean some glasses.

“Yeah, a bottle of Jack Daniels please. Just give me the bottle.” I said sighing, fighting back my tears. There was no way I was going to cry in a Tavern.

The old man laughed. “All right son.” he turned around and grabbed a bottle, sliding it to me.

I grabbed it and took about two shots. Then sat there staring at the bar top. There was a cough at the other end of the bar, I glanced over and saw a girl sitting there. Staring at the bar top too, she had long black hair like Remmie. Actually, she looked so similar to Remmie it was scary. I shook my head.

Cant be. I thought.

“All right, I am done. I need to start walking to Sheffield.” the girl said.

I lifted my head and cocked an eyebrow. Slowly I turned to look at the girl, she dropped some money on the counter then turned toward me to walk away but once she looked at me stopped. My jaw hit the floor.

Before me stood Remmie. She stared at me wide eyed and in shock. I don’t think she expected me to come after her. Before I knew it, she grabbed her tote and ran out of the Tavern. Dropping money on the counter for my bottle, I ran after her.

I shoved opened the door. “Remmie wait!” I shouted after her.

Remmie stopped running, her back still to me. I walked up to her, my pulse was quickening. I cant believe I found her. Just when I was close to her she took off again. I ran after her, I grabbed her arm and pulled her to a stop. “Remmie just wait one fucking minute! I wanna fucking talk to you!”

“Just let me go Oli!” she cried.

I gripped her arms and forced her to look at me. Her eyes were glazed over, tears building up. We stared at each other, I lost the words I was going to say to her. I wasn’t going to yell at her, I just wanted to tell her that I loved her and that I needed her in my life.

“Let me go Oli.” she whispered.

I shook my head. “No Remmie, no. I spent all day trying to find you in the fucking city. No way in hell am I going to let you go.” I whispered.

The snow fell around us, clumps landing in Remmie’s hair and sticking. God did she look like a angel. She was my angel. “Why?” she breathed, her lips parted. Her chest moved up and down from her heavy breathing.

Slowly I pulled her closer to me, our foreheads resting against one another. Remmie’s eyes never left mine, and I am glad. “Because Remmie… I am not mad at you, I’m not. I didn’t know you thought I was cheating on you, but I didn’t babe. Amanda tried moving in on me but I got up and left. I told her I had a girlfriend.

“I don’t blame you love, I am not even upset. I love you so much that I just don’t care,” I stroked her cheek gently. Gazing down at her. “I need you in my life Remmie, I cant live without you. You left that much of an impact on me. You are a drug I cant quit.” I whispered, I kissed her forehead and looked down at her.

I left her speechless, a tear escaped and I wiped it away. She sniffled before speaking. “Oli…” was all she said before I pulled her into my arms and held her tight. She latched her arms around me, I never let her go.

I buried my face into her hair, I was crying a little myself, so was Remmie. I kissed the top of her head over and over again. “Remmie… please come home.” I whispered.

We parted and looked at each other, so much love was in her eyes. I knew she was the one, the one I was meant to love for the rest of my life. There was no doubt about it.

She slowly nodded her head. “Okay.” she whispered.

My heart leaped out of my chest, a huge smile came to my face and I brought my lips to hers. “I love you Remmie Moore, I seriously fucking love you.” I whispered against her lips.

“I love you too Oliver Sykes.” she whispered back.

With that, I took her by the hand and lead her back, back to where she belongs.