If your heart stops beating

Chapter 23

~*Mikey’s Point of view*~

I was woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of screaming, loud and high-pitched.
“What the fuck?”
I jumped out of bed. Frank was lying on his back, his eyes blank and unfocussed.
“Frank, what the fuck’s going on?”
He kept screaming. I heard footsteps in the hall and Gerard, Ray and Bob came barrelling through the door. Gerard shoved me out of the way.
“Dammit, not again. You have to do this quickly, the dreams scare him more than being woken up.”
He bent down and slapped Frank sharply around the face. Frank sat bolt upright, straight into Gerard’s arms, his screams dying away quickly.

~*Gerard’s Point of view*~

“Gerard?”
“It’s okay, Frank.”
I held him tightly. I could feel from the constant twitching of his body that he was still dreaming. I loosened my grip, by way of experiment, and he stiffened, his hands shooting up to grab my arms.
“Shhh... it’s okay, I’m still here.”
He relaxed slightly, still twitching. I sat there for the next five minutes until Frank realised what was happening and pushed me away.
“Dude, what the fuck are you doing?”
I couldn’t refrain from grinning.
“Okay. Goodnight, Frank.”
He flopped back down and fell asleep instantly.
I sighed and turned to face the others. Mikey raised an eyebrow.
“What?”
“Since when did you get so motherly?”
I grinned.
“I guess it’s a direct product of living with you, little baby.”
“Shut up!” He aimed a punch at my shoulder, which I dodged, laughing.
“No, seriously. What the hell’s up with Frank?”
“He’s done this a few times. I don’t think you guys have ever been around, though.”
“Nah. I have.”
All eyes swivelled to Bob.
“You have?... Oh yeah...”
He nodded.
“That time on tour once... I had no idea what to do. We couldn’t wake him up for ages. It was pretty fucking scary.”
Mikey raised his eyebrows again.
“And why didn’t you tell us?”
I shrugged.
“You gotta give the man some dignity. We didn’t think it would happen again, and it’s not exactly nice to tell all his friends every time he has a nightmare.”
My eyes drifted away from their faces, out of focus.
“This is the fourth time. The first time we didn’t tell you because we thought it was a one-time thing. The second time, none of you were there and I didn’t think it would happen again. The third time, you weren’t there and I promised myself I’d tell you if it happened again. And now you know.”
After a moment of silence, Mikey yawned.
“Oh, shit, sorry.”
I jerked back to reality.
“Yeah. We should go back to bed. G’night Mikey.”
Bob, Ray and I left the room as Mikey climbed back into bed.

**Author's Note: Sorry, it's a little bit short. There was really nothing to say after that. I guess this morning was just not a thinking morning.
Comment! It makes me feel special. Otherwise I shall kill someone. In the story, idiots. I'm not a murderer. XD or am I?**