If your heart stops beating

Chapter 27

~*Gerard’s Point of view*~

“Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.”
Mikey giggled and poked me again.
“Mikey, you’re completely fucking high. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.”
“I know.”
The door opened. We all looked around, or up, depending on where we were sitting.
“Oh, hey Jamia.”
She smiled.
“Hi guys.”
Mikey stopped poking me and pointed at her.
“Fatty!”
She blinked, then turned to Frank.
“Where did this abominable piece of low-life get the idea that I am fat?”
Frank turned red and mumbled into his coffee.
“What? I can’t hear you.”
“I said, I told them you were pregnant.”
“Aw, cute. You’re as red as a beetroot. Why did you tell all your friends?”
He mumbled again.
“What?”
“I didn’t know what to do...”
“Aw, sweet. Here’s what you do. You marry me before I get too fat to fit into a wedding dress.”
She kissed him on the cheek. Mikey laughed.
“Ha ha, you’re gonna get fat!”
Jamia turned to him.
“Yes, that’s right, Michael, I am going to get fat. As fat as a bloated hippopotamus. Maybe I might get as fat as you.”
Mikey promptly toppled back off his seat. I laughed and he sat up, grabbing my arm and dragging me back down with him.
“Ah, fuck! My coffee!”
I inspected the dregs still miraculously remaining in my cup before up-ending it over Mikey’s face.
“Fuck! That’s hot!”
“I know, I just got a whole cupful in my face.”
I rolled the empty mug away across the floor and proceeded to attack Mikey. After a moment of fighting, he sat up and grabbed Frank’s lip ring, which Frank had taken out to prevent a repeat of yesterday’s performance, in which his fork got stuck in it and it took five minutes to get it out. Now Mikey held it up to the light, grinning evilly.
“I wonder if we could shove this through your ear...”
“NO! NEEDLES!”
“Ew, gross, I don’t want that in my mouth after it’s been in his ear.”
I jumped up and ran out of the kitchen, closely followed by Mikey, who was laughing like a fucking maniac.

After a struggle of five minutes, during which Frank’s lip ring was somehow neither broken nor shoved through my ear, we ended up on the floor in the small bedroom, both out of breath and declaring a truce.
“Gerard?”
“Ya?”
“Why are we so strange?”
I shrugged.
“I dunno...”
“I mean, not every bunch of twenty-something-year-old guys is as crazy as we are.”
I grinned.
“It’s you. You’re a freak, Mikey.”
“Shut up! I was heading somewhere philosophical and you spoiled it, bitch!”
“Ah well, it was only the after-effects of the coffee talking.”
He reached over and grabbed my hair, pulling me into a headlock.
“Fuck, Mikey, you smell. Ow, that hurts!”
“Duh.”
“Graah...”
“What the fuck?”
“Graah.”
“Graah what? And aren’t you even gonna try to fight me off?”
“Hmm, it seems I have two options here. I can try and fight you, and most likely lose, or I can gross you out so you scream and run away.”
“I’m not gonna scream and run awa- what the fuck are you doing?”
I bit him again.
“Compromise.”
“Fuck, dude, you’re a freak.”
“I know.”
“Ow, stop it!”
I bit him again. He pushed me away and rolled over to inspect the damage.
“Fuck, you left huge bite-marks.”
“Well, what did you expect? Anyway, I got what I wanted.”
I jumped up and ran away, skidding into the kitchen and sitting down between Ray and Bob.
“Nyeh. Try get me now, motherfucker.”
He rolled his eyes and opened the cupboard, pulling out a roll of paper towels and laying them out on the coffee-soaked floor.
“I think I’ll just put these in your bed...”

**Author's Note: Comment, pleeeease? Be nice. My thanks to the people who commented my last chapter, I love you guys. But you people who take my literatural efforts and give me nothing in return... I'd say that's theft. Be nice. Please. All I ask is ten seconds of your time, that's really all it takes to leave a comment. What do you like? What don't you like? Is there something you'd like to see happen? Tell me, it might come true!**