These Lives Of Ours.

We're moving?

**Chapter 17**

Brendon and I walked into the oddly quiet house. The guys were taking a week to get everything sorted out and then recording started. Needless to say Brendon was bouncing off the walls with excitement. I’m thinking the two red bulls he had didn’t help.

“BRENDON! CALM THE FUCK DOWN!” I shoved him onto the couch and rolled my eyes. He was such a little kid. “You’d be excited to is your band was signed!!” I laughed and sat down next to him. “What band?” “Uh…you know what I meant!” He grabbed up a couch pillow and started beating me with it. I just ignored him as I saw mom and dad walking down the stairs. I figured they’d punish him enough.

“I’m glad you two are home. We have something to tell you.” Brendon immediately stopped and we both kind of went pale. “It’s official. We’re moving. Chip, us girls around going down there this week and we’ll do the house hunting. After that it’s just a matter of getting all moved.” I looked over at Brendon. He looked horrified. “But mom…dad…our band just got signed! I can’t leave now!” This was unbelievable. I can’t leave, I just can’t!! “Bren honey, we’ve decided you can stay here so that you can record the CD. We’re not exactly…happy about you having this kind of lifestyle but if it’s what you really want.” The colour started to come back into Brendon’s face. “Where will I stay?” The obvious question was asked and dad went on to explain that he’d be staying with Spencer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two days later and I’m sitting in the car, staring out the window. The scenery may be nice but it’s not making me any happier. This trip was going to suck and moving was going to suck more. Why couldn’t everyone have just minded their own business and let me stay with Pete.

“Bye Ryan, I’ll miss you, but I’ll be back in a week.” I hugged him for the third time in five minutes. We didn’t like the idea of being separated. “I know but then you’ll be leaving again!” Tears threatened his gorgeous eyes and I gave him yet another hug. I couldn’t stand watching him cry, especially when I was on the verge of tears myself. “I love you Ryan. I’ll be back.” He gave me a weak smile and I got in the car. Looking behind me as I drove away, I saw him watching us, tears slowly flowing from his eyes.

Memories of me leaving filled my head. I couldn’t seem to get them to go away and it was killing me. I just wanted to forget about everything. I did truly want to have a good time with mom and Andie. I just didn’t think it was possible. “Mom. Music. Now.” I laughed as Andie started directing mom on which CD, track, and volume level to play. “In the middle of a gunfight, in the centre of a restaurant…” I heard Gerard’s voice play through the stereo and I immediately started to stare at Andie. “What?” She looked kind of creeped out. “I didn’t know you liked MCR.” She laughed and unzipped her hoodie, showing off a Black Parade t-shirt. “They’re my favourite.” I smiled and pulled out my MCR hoodie that was stashed in my backpack. “Weird.” I nodded and started singing along.

----------------------------------

Since Brendon was staying we decided to start recording a little early. That way he could take some time to visit his family. This meant that I had to finish about…4 songs in less then two days. Can you say stressful?

“Finished guys. Finally.” I shoved the music and lyrics at them and smashed my head on the table. I was so tired and didn’t feel like dealing with the light. “Don’t damage that adorable face of yours.” I faked a laugh at Brendon’s slightly gay comment. “So are we ready to start recording then?” Pete smiled and looked around at everyone. “I guess so.” I squinted in the light and rubbed at my sore forehead. “Don’t expect to get everything done in one day guys.” I laughed. I seriously laughed. If the guys thought that they were crazy. I’d gone with Pete to see people record and it took forever.

“Sit tight I’m gonna need you to keep time…” Brendon started singing and I started strumming the chords. He was the only one recording but it couldn’t hurt to practice. “Swear to shake it up if you swear to listen!!” I smiled as Pete gave me a thumb up. He’d helped out with these lyrics. That line in particular.

---------------------------------

I stood in front of the hospital with Andie. Mom had left to go visit a friend and we decided to check out the place that we were born. Even the room. (Why? Do you KNOW how boring it is here?) “Ready?” I asked, linking our arms together. “As ready as I’ll ever be.” We marched in and were directed to the empty room. Luckily for us no one was staying there.

I’m not sure why we thought it would be special. It was a simple hospital room with two simple white beds. “May I help you?” A doctor walked up behind us and when we turned around he gasped and jumped back a bit. “Who are you two?” He looked angry. “I’m Chip and this is Andie.” “We’re the Urie twins!” Andie and I grinned geekily and the doctor just stared at us in amazement. “They told us you died!” I smiled and rolled my eyes. “They told me my parents died. It’s kind of a funny story.” ((A/N: Yes that’s a book and yes I stole the title to put in my story. Get over it.)) He nodded and walked out of the room. Leaving me and Andie to giggle furiously. What was so funny, I have no idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Did you two have fun?” Andie and I were sprawled on the hotel beds. Both reading, both listening to music, and both mumbling something about the doctor being crazy. “Well…at least you’re getting a feel for the town. We’re looking for a house tomorrow so be up bright and early. Oh and Chip…call Ryan. I know you want to.” I smiled and thanked mom as she walked out the door and into her hotel room.

“Sooooo are you calling Ryyyyan?” I laughed and picked up the hotel phone. “Of course I’m calling Ryyyyyyyan.” She giggled with me and I dialled the number, hopping they’d be in and not partying and celebrating.

“Hello?” A very tired sounding person answered the phone and I immediately recognized it as Pete. “PETE! Go get Ryan!” Andie laughed and so did Pete. “Gee, nice talking to you too.” I heard him set down the phone but I also heard him yelling at Ryan. “RYAN! IT’S UR HORNEY GIRLFRIEND!” I burst out laughing and Andie started giving me a WTF face. I mouthed ‘I’ll tell you later’ and she just nodded.

“Hello?” “RYAN!!” Andie nearly fell off the bed laughing at me but I didn’t care. “So I hear someone’s horney.” I started laughing now and rolled my eyes. “Shut it Ryan. Pete’s just PMSing.” I could almost HEAR him rolling his eyes at that. “So what’s up? How’s Detroit?” I sighed and looked around the tiny hotel room. It was pretty nice here, but not as nice as Pete’s house. “It’s ok. Under any other circumstances I’d love to live here.” He sighed and I sunk into the bed. “I know, but it’ll be ok. You’ll make friends you’ll like it.” I smiled and nodded, causing Andie to laugh. Probably because she knows Ryan can’t see me. “Who’s cackling in the background?” “That’d be Andie.” I smirked, finally getting my revenge, though she didn’t know it yet.

“Bye…love you.” He hung up and I turned to Andie. “So what was so funny?” I laughed and rolled my eyes, YET AGAIN! “Oh…Pete just yelled to everyone that I was horney. No biggy.” She started laughing some more and this time actually fell off the bed. “Jesus! Be careful!” I helped her up and then flicked on the T.V. surprised to see what I did.

Label: Fuled By Ramen, has signed yet another new band. This new band’s CD shall be released in a few months and the title has yet to be announced. The band, currently called Panic! At The Disco, consists of four young teens, one of which is living with Wentz himself. Is this a favour to Wentz’s adopted son, or will the band really be a smash. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I flicked off the T.V and fell back on my bed. Panic! was gonna be huge and I was gonna miss the whole thing. It sucked and it was seriously depressing. Oh well…at least I’ll be there for some of it right? RIGHT??