If I Fall Forever, Will You Be There To Catch Me?

Swimming

----------
I stood in front of my closet, browsing for my black bathing suit. Soon, I gave up and rummaged through the pile of clothes in the back. After going through half of the black blob, I came across something unfamiliar. It was blue; shaped like a guitar pick; and very shiny.
“Is this Demyx’s?” I asked myself. I shrugged and threw it on my bed and continued searching. “Aha! I found you!” I exclaimed when I came across a smooth material. Then sweatdropped when I found it was only the top. “Oi.” I threw many items behind me before I found my shorts.
Since it was a two piece, the stupid top was a bikini.
What?
It’s not my fault that it was the only black bathing suit left without pink on it. Besides, I never thought I’d even use it.
I sighed in defeat and changed quickly. Glaring at my mage in the mirror, I put my cloak on, leaving it unzipped.
Grabbing a book, I left my room. As I stalked through the halls, I actually remembered about common sense.
I could teleport. I facepalmed and opened a black vortex. As I stepped through it, I thought of the indoor pool.
You thought it was outside?
Funny.
I showed up right in front of two diving boards. The pool was a giant rectangle, mostly used for water situation practice. Sometimes we use it to relax and have fun. Well, rarely.
Zexion appeared next to me a few moments later.
“How long has it been?” I asked.
“Well, I was here an hour ago, waiting for you, and I just went to look for you. Nice suit by the way.” I glared at him.
“What time is it?”
“Like.... 8 or 9.”
“That’s early...”
“You think?”
“Not often.” I looked at the members scattered around the pool. Larxene was lying on a chair thing next to Marluxia. Luxord was at a table sitting and playing cards with Saix and Xigbar. Demyx was with Axel and someone else in the middle of the pool talking and splashing around.
“Well, let’s go by the guys.” Zexion suggested.
“Alright.” It’s not like we were going to do anything else here. We walked to the side where the 3 were hanging out. “Hey, guys.” They stopped and looked up at us.
“Ohh, look at Shadow.” Axel started, “She gots her lil bikini on.”
“Shut it.” He grimaced at his teasing.
“You look good.” Demyx covered, smiling. Axel whispered something to him that made him blush. “Shut up.” He whispered. Axel only chuckled and looked back at us.
“Are you guys gonna come in?” Axel asked.
“Nahh, I think I’m gonna read a book.” Zexion and I said in unison. Demyx raised an eyebrow.
“Please?” He added.
“I’ll come in later.” Zexion left and sat down, opening his novel.
“I might just go lay down.” I held my book out and let the shadows take it to a table. I turned, but before I could walk, someone grabbed my arm. I turned my torso to see emerald eyes staring into mine.
“Come on.” Demyx insisted. “Hang with us, meet Roxas. It’ll be fun.” I was about to speak when I noticed he was still holding my arm.
“I-I don’t know...” I thought for a moment. “It’d be a lot better if I just watch and-” His hand left my arm and before I knew it, he was behind me taking my cloak off. I choked on my words, listening to his.
“I’m not sure I like that answer.” He said, throwing my cloak onto a chair. As he pushed me towards the pool, my breath hitched.
“Demyx,” I was able to growl. “I’m not a big fan of being pushed. It won’t be like it would change anything if I were to just stay out.”
“Nonsense.” He stopped at the edge. Axel’s smirk widened as he stepped back.
“I’ll just go sit with Zexion.”
“I don’t think so.” He sang as his arms snaked around my waist.
“You wouldn’t dare.”
“Tempt me not to.”
“I swear Demyx, if you so much as-” He put a hand over my mouth.
“You talk way too much.” I narrowed my eyes and bit his palm. He shot it back and momentarily let go. As I was about to slip away, he grabbed both my forearms and turned me to face him. He pushed forward a bit more, my heels hanging over. I looked backwards below me at the water. When I looked back up, he had his own smirk. One that warned me greatly.
“Don’t you dare, Demyx.” I said thinking about the water behind me.
“Oh don’t worry, you won’t be alone.”
“What?” Before I could interrogate him further, he held me closer and jumped, bringing me with him. Out of pure instinct ((I swear it was instinct)), I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, tightly. I closed my eyes and buried my face in the nook between his neck and shoulder as we hit the water.
I was so shocked, I didn’t realize that we were standing in the pool, above water, in seconds.
“...Maxin...?” Demyx cautiously asked. Axel and the other kid were behind Demyx looking at me with curious expressions. I quickly let go, standing full on my own in the water, and brought my arms to my sides.
“Thanks.” I muttered.
“You’re the one who was holding onto me, so...” My glare told him shut up before I personally mute him.
“I think it was cute.” Axel interrupted, him and the other kid in front of us, now. “Maybe I should jump with you next time.”
“Maybe you should think about that before I kill you.”
“I’d like to see you try, princess.” He laughed.
“Actually, no you don’t, Axel.” Demyx warned.
“You’re right. Wouldn’t want to stress the newbie.” I facepalmed and sighed.
“I give up.”
“Well,” Demyx started, “you should meet Roxas, once and for all.” ‘Roxas’ walked up to me.
“I’m Maxin.” I smiled.
“Roxas.” He smiled back.
“I hear you two have been hanging out a lot, huh?” I glanced at Axel.
“Yeah. He’s been a great friend.”
“Wait, how old are you..?”
“14. Why?”
“Aren’t you a little young to be here?”
“How old are you?”
“16.”
“Then no, I’m not.”
“Well okay then.”
“He’s only a couple years younger than you, Max.” Axel shrugged.
“As are you with me.” I smirked.
“I’m only 18.”
“And I’m only 16.”
“Touché.”
“Anyway,” I looked back at Roxas, “it’s nice to meet you.”
“Thanks... Hey, are you and Demyx... A couple...?” I looked at him like he was crazy.
“Are you kidding?!” I yelled almost laughing. I felt a light splash on my back and turned to see Demyx.
“I’m right here.” He pouted.
“I know.” I said simply.
“Well, you’re nice.” He rolled his eyes. I looked back at Roxas and laughed.
“We are not in any way, dating. At all.”
“Wouldn’t dream of it.” Demyx cut in walking by Axel.
“Haha, I’m sure you already have.” Axel nudged him. Demyx grimaced.
“Actually, no. I haven’t.” He argued.
“Riiight.” I rolled my eyes.
“Will you two stop?” I asked.
“Oh you know you like it.” Axel teased.
“You wish.” I snapped.
“He probably does.” Demyx laughed.
“Shut up, loverboy.” Axel splashed him. Some of the water hit me, so I splashed Axel back.
“Hey.” I said, pretending to be offended. He glared at me and splashed at me back. I smirked and used my leg to pull one of his forward, making him fall backwards. Before he completely fell backwards, he grabbed my arm and pulled me with him. “Whoa!” As we floated for a few seconds, I pushed his shoulders and flung my head up backwards out of water. I started to laugh as he came up.
“What’s so funny?” He grimaced.
“You finally got the chance to pull me in the water with you.” I laughed again. “That’s what.”
“How is that funny?” His anger shifted to confusion.
“It just is. Jeez. Don’t be such a hot head.” I stuck my tongue out at him.
“Why does everyone call me that?” He looked around. We all laughed and continued to talk.
“So, Demyx.” I started. “Do you remember having a crush on anyone? Well, in your past life?” I was hoping he’d think of me.
“Nah. I’m not really into the whole ‘relationship’ scene. Not my groove, y’know?” He shrugged.
“Sure.” I rolled my eyes.
“Somethin wrong shadow?” Axel asked.
“Nope. I’m just peachy.” I sighed.

-----------
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe? :D