If I Fall Forever, Will You Be There To Catch Me?

Self-Talking

Disclaimer: Do you honestly think I own Kingdom Hearts? No. They belong to Disney and Square Enix. Not me.
--
I jumped up the steps to my room, my stereo bouncing with me. I threw opened the door and hugged Sora and Riku good night. I then placed my stereo on my desk and shut the door, locking it. As I looked through my pajamas I remembered the locket I had previously put in my pocket. I took it out and placed it around my neck, then admired it.
“How would I get this open??” I tapped on the keyhole, trying to figure something out. All of the sudden, the keyhole started to glow, freaking me out in the process, then dim out. “What the-?” I dismissed it and got dressed. I walked over to my bed still looking at the locket that was chained around my neck. “I wonder if that’s a bad thing...” I sat down on my bed, shut off my lamp, and laid down. It took me a while to fall asleep, but I managed to at some point.
~In the Morning~
I awoke to the soft sunlight peering into my room.
“Ugh,” I groaned. “I have to get some kind of board on that window.” I threw on some black jeans and my new black T-Shirt, and jolted out the door, only to find Riku and Sora racing each other. I jumped down the rocks and stairs and plopped down next to Kairi. “The Usual?”
“Yup. They’ve been tying almost for twenty minutes, now.” She answered with a sigh.
“Surprise. Is Sora being as stubborn as ever?”
“It’s worse this time. They made a bet for whoever names the raft. Riku wants it to be Highwind and Sora wants it to be Excalibur.”
“I like Twilight better.”
“What about Dawn?”
“Nahh. Too bright.”
“Oh, right.” The boys jolted back to us, panting and sweating. “Who do you think won, Nami?”
“I’d say Sora, but Riku was ahead of him at the last second. Tie?”
“Ugh! Fine! Rematch!” Sora yelled. They were about to run again when I stopped them,
“Wait! What about the Excalibur of Highwinds?”
“That sounds cool. I guess.” Sora shrugged.
“Yeah. I like that.” Riku agreed.
“Then, it’s settled! Wait. What raft!?” I felt the blonde kicking in. Kairi mentioned it about four minutes ago and I just realized she did.
“Oh. Right.” Sora put his hand on the back of his head. “We’ve been wanting to head out to new worlds and find adventure. Maybe even find Kairi’s home. Or yours!”
“Yeah!” Kairi smiled. “We’re gathering supplies today and tomorrow. Wanna come?”
“Uhh... How will you know what Kairi’s home looks like? Or mine? Neither of us remember anything.”
“Hmm...” Sora looked down, obviously thinking. “Maybe you’ll have some instinct that says: ‘Oh look! My home!’ Or something like that.”
“I remember having a home,” Kairi began, “I just don’t remember where.”
“I don’t remember anything. Or anyone. Or anywhere. It was like I was just born on the shore as a sixteen year old.” I told them.
“Whoa. That’s weird.” Sora stated bluntly.
“Oh really?” I asked sarcastically. “Didn’t notice!”
“Don’t have to be mean about it.” He muttered. I smirked and rolled my eyes.
“When are you going, again?” I changed the subject.
“In a couple days. When we’re ready.” Riku answered, looking at the sky.
“Yeah, but first we need to get supplies.” Kairi emphasized the words as if trying to tell them something.
“Right!” Sora exclaimed. “Tell me what I need!”
“Uhh...” Kairi thought for a second. “Two logs from around the shore, 1 cloth, and 1 piece of rope.” Riku disappeared, and Sora was looking around.
“Okay.” Sora shook it off. “I’ll be right back!” I stood by Kairi, smirking. I was waiting for him to run back and say: ‘Where do I get those?!’ Which didn’t take long. Sora raced back and smiled, clearly embarrassed.
“There is a log on the shore and another on the island.” I answered before he could speak. He nodded and ran back. I sighed, waiting for another chance to show him up. Again, very soon. “Go to where Tidus is up by the wooden platform and the rope should be in a corner.” He huffed, nodded, and returned to running.
“How do you know these things?” Kairi asked, giving me a suspicious look, half-smiling.
“Cause I just do.” I like to keep things secret. It wasn’t long until we heard Sora’s shoes padding against the sand and cardboard. I was sitting on a box next to the stairs, where Kairi was leaning on the door to the Cove. He shrugged his shoulders and sheepishly smiled. “The cloth is in the top part of the shack where I normally hang out.” He looked at me wide-eyed, put his arms up in a ‘wtf’ manner, and sighed.
“You are one weird chick!” He panted out then ran back around the corner.
“Oh! Hey, Kairi?” She looked at me with her eyebrows up. “I’ll be right back, I’m going to go get my iPod.
“Okay.” I jumped up, grabbed the edge of the roof, flipped over on top of it, and climbed through my window into my room. I looked around and finally saw my iPod on my pillow.
“Muahaha! I found you!” My face was like >:3 I grabbed it and hurried back to my post with Kairi. “Got it.”
“Cool...?” She laughed. I mewled as I turned it on and played the song ‘touchdown turnaround’ by hellogoodbye. They were an awesome band. I started moving my head to the beat and lip-syncing the lyrics. Kairi was just watching me intently with a confused expression. “You sure are an odd 16 year old.” Even though I couldn’t hear her, I could very well read her lips. I smirked and turned it to the song ‘Let the Bass Go’ by HardNox.
“I’m back!” I barely heard Sora announce. I pulled out the earphones and looked at him.
“Okay. Well, let’s call it a day.” I yawned out.
“Yeah, it is kind of late.” Sora agreed.
“Sure, why not.” Kairi sighed. “Did you see Riku, Sora?”
“Yeah, he was on the island.” Sora gestured to where the island hid behind the buildings.
“Where is he now?” I asked, cautiously looking over Sora’s shoulder.
“Like I would know.” He mumbled.
“Most likely by Selphie and Tidus.” Kairi absentmindedly added.
“I guess.” I shrugged. “Well, g’night!” I re-did those awesome ninja moves I did earlier back into my room. I yawned again and changed into some original ((Yeah right)) pajamas. I plopped on my bed, smiling at the good day I had. I turned on my side and hugged my pillow under my head. My heavy-lidded eyes glistened before I drifted into slumber.

--“Nami?! Nami!!” I head Riku call out frantically. We were by the shore, during a storm. The waves violently crashed by me, and Riku was on the opposite side of the shore as me. “Nami!” I turned around to see Sora with an odd weapon fighting off shadows. Then I turned back around to Riku, but he was gone. Replacing him was a man in a dark cloak, with a blindfold across his eyes.
“Riku!” I exclaimed. I looked around, trying to find him. But, it was too late as the figure approached me. He grabbed me and turned me around, forcing me to watch Sora being swallowed by the shadows, struggling to grab Riku’s hand. Riku was barely leaning forward with his hand out, Sora was half-engulfed in the ground by the heartless. “Riku, grab him!” Neither seemed to have noticed me. When Sora was engulfed and Riku looked back at me, I saw evil in his eyes. No... Darkness. Then, shadows were spiraling around him and he disappeared. “Riku!” Then...--

I woke up. I shot up, almost screaming. Sweat was beading my face, as my heart beat thumped loudly. I gasped for air, trying to calm down. I looked out my window, it looked as if it was about three in the morning. At least the skies were clear and the waves were barely moving. I sighed and laid back down, afraid to fall back asleep. Tomorrow was going to be an easy day to leave, now. I just laid there. Not moving. Not falling asleep. Nothing more than breathing and staring out at the dawning sky.
A few hours passed and I finally decided to get up. I sat up, stretched, then walked to my window. It was a clear day, absolutely no chance for a storm. I sighed in relief and got dressed. The usual out fit. I jumped out my window, too lazy to walk down the steps and rocks. By the cove entrance was Sora walking leisurely.
“Hey, Sora!” I called as I skidded down the roof. As I reached the end of the roof I jumped up and landed right in front of him. His eyes were bugged out and he stepped back.
“H-Hey..?” He stuttered. I fake-grimaced at him.
“What? I can’t jump off of rooftops?” I asked.
“What? No! You just, scared me.”
“Hmm...” I started, “I think I still scare you.”
“No way, Nami! You’re my best friend! Nothing you do can scare me, now! I’m used to it.” I smiled.
“Okay!” I laughed and closed my eyes, still smiling.
“Do you know where Kairi is?” I looked at him like he was crazy.
“She’s at the cove, duh! Didn’t you know she started the raft with Riku already?”
“No. I guess I’ll have to go get the other supplies.”
“I can help you if you want.” I sang, nudging him playfully.
“No thanks. I’m going to get them myself!” He stated, proudly.
“Okay!” I put my hands up like I was backing off. I moved aside so he could make his way to the cove. After he walked through the door, I followed. Kairi was standing on her new raft, looking over at Sora. She waved him over, holding onto the sail’s pole thing. I jogged over to them, hearing Sora groan.
“Where am I going to find any of that?!” He asked.
“I don’t know, just try!” Kairi pled.
“Fine.” Sora gave in. He turned around and saw me, just in time to see my smirk. “Shut it. I don’t need your help.” He quickly dashed off in search of the food. I just laughed and stood by Kairi.
“So... What did you tell him to get?”
“I told him to find 2 coconuts, 3 mushrooms, 3 fish, drinking water, and a seagull egg.”
“Wow.” I already smirked, knowing he would be back soon. And he was. He trudged towards me with a glare. “It’s on a tree in front of the bridge to the island. The mushrooms are scattered across, the fish are in the ocean in front of the cove, and coconuts are on the trees on the island. Good luck.” I waved him off and he ground his teeth together.
“How does she know this stuff?” He mumbled in an unbelieving tone. I just grinned more staring at the ocean. It gently moved, caressing the shore. Riku was leisurely walking past us, holding a small crate. He was pretty far, but I managed to catch up with him.
“What up with the box?” I asked as I poked him.
“Nothing.” He nonchalantly answered.
“Hmm... Then why does it seem like something?” I continued before he could respond to that, “Perhaps you are meaning to deliver it somewhere?”
“No. I’m not.”
“Are so.”
“Am not.”
“Are so.”
“Am not.” I could tell he was getting aggravated.
“Are so.”
“Am not.”
“Mhmmm!”
“Oh my God, Nami. What do you want from me!?” He stopped walking and glared at me.
“I don’t know. I’m bored.”
“Ugh. How am I supposed to help you?”
“Tell me what you’re doing!” I whined.
“Fine! I’m taking this crate to Selphie. It’s Paupu fruit, she needed it for birds. Happy?”
“Can I help!?”
“No. She asked me, not you.”
“Pleeaassseee?!”
“Fine. I’ll go get the other one.” He hand me the crate, turning around.
“Yay!” I squeaked. I took hold of the crate and dashed up the stairs to the door to the shore. I pushed it opened and raced to the dock. “Selphie!” I yelled, catching her attention. I jumped on the dock and put down the box. “Here are your paupu fruit.” Riku walked up from behind me and raised an eyebrow.
“I’m not gonna ask.”
“Then don’t.” I looked over the horizon, surprisingly enjoying the sun. I found where Wakka was training and waltzed over to him. “Hi Wakka!”
“Hello Nami. What are you doing, ya?”
“I dunno. Hanging around.”
“What’s up?”
“Everyone has something to do, but me. Riku with the fruit, Kairi with the waiting, Sora with the scavenging. I’m all alone.” I answered, glumly.
“You are sixteen, Nami; I think you can find something, ya.”
“But that’s boring.” I groaned. “I guess I’ll just go practice my guitar.” I walked up about half of the stairs, stopping to watch Sora sneak into the secret cave. I looked up back to my room, and saw another one of those black hooded men. “Hey!” I yelled running up to him. He turned around, his face over-shadowed. He put his arm forward, expelling a black portal, and quickly rushed through the portal. I was a second too late. “Well, don’t be in a hurry.” I said gruffly.
“Nami?” I turned to see Tidus, sitting on a tree. “What are you doing talking to yourself again?”
“I’m not talking to myself.” I childishly denied.
“Yes, you were; unless you were hallucinating.” I felt a pair of eyes bore into my back, and quickly swished around, my black hair flying behind me. I saw a quick shadow pass through a few bushes and then disappearing into the mountains.
“What the-?”
“There you go again.” Tidus insisted.
“Didn’t you see that?”
“Oh, wow. You are delusional. Oh well. See you later, Nami!” He hopped from that tree to a few others, then down to the bridge to the island.
“But- Uh...” I looked down and saw something shiny. “Oh.” I knelt down and picked it up. I examined it through the beaming sunlight, which was reflecting off of it. “A guitar pick?” I shrugged and held onto it tightly, it could be of use. I walked into my room, immediately heading for my guitar. I held up the guitar pick and examined it more. It was blue, with a cool looking mark on it. “Might as well,” I sighed, picking my guitar up. I used the guitar for a few notes, and it sounded totally different. Then, I decided to play a song I wrote. After a few staves, the pick started to glow, then a floaty whirlpool appeared around me, like a water tornado.
“Whoa!” I stopped playing, and the water splashed around me. I looked at the dissolving water below me. “Holy crap!” I set my guitar down, still holding the pick, and ran outside. I was behind a wall when I heard two voices speaking.
“How could you have dropped it!?” Voice number one said.
“I’m sorry!” Voice number 2 replied. “It was an accident. I got startled and it slipped.”
“Sorry doesn’t cut it!” Voice Number 1 growled.
“I doubt anyone here plays the guitar anyway, it’s too laid back.”
“That pick was important! What if someone does, and realizes what it could do!?”
“They won’t do anything. It’s water, not death.” I looked at the pick in my hand.
Is it really that powerful? I thought. I sighed and chucked over the wall. Even though I couldn’t see them, I could totally picture someone getting hit on the head with it.
“Ow!” That proved my visual. “Hey. My pick. It has returned!!” While voice number 2 was celebrating, I heard voice number 1 talking to himself.
“Hmm... That’s an odd coincidence... At least we got the pick back, anyway.” I managed to clearly hear that through all the squeals of voice number 2. “Shut up, will you!?” The noises stopped.
“Sorry.” Voice number 2 muttered.
Odd people.
I looked back at the secret cave, just in time to see Sora walking out of the cave with a shocked look. I looked back at the sun, which was setting. “Already?” I asked myself. Tidus was right. I do talk to myself. Oh well.
I jumped down the stairs heading for Sora, but Selphie stopped me.
“Hey, Nami!” She squeaked.
“Hey. Sup?”
“Just wanted to say thanks for the delivery, and for annoying Riku. It was funny. He told me about it, and said he was thankful you stopped.” She giggled and looked at my locket. “Ooh. That’s pretty. Where’d you get it?”
“Riku gave it to me.” I raised an eyebrow at her expression.
“Aww! Are you two an item now!?” I flushed, and heard a thump. Looking behind Selphie, I saw Riku who dropped a coconut.
“No!” We exclaimed in unison. I looked at him, and saw an extremely small tint of pink on his cheeks, which made me blush more.
“Whoa. Just asking!” She looked back at me and winked, then skipped off, swinging her jump rope- nun-chuck thing. I just stood there, blinking and staring at Riku, who stared back.
“Umm...” I started. “So... It’s getting kinda dark out.”
“Yeah.” He put his hand on the back of his head, “guess we should go find Sora and see if he’s done.”
“Okay.” I took a sharp breath and followed him to the island. We both stopped halfway on the bridge, staring at Sora and Tidus, who were having a fight with two sticks. “SORA!” They both tumbled backwards, the sticks flying behind them. He sat up and rubbed his head.
“God, Nami. What?” He muttered.
“Are you done?” I tried not to full-out kick him.
“Uhh... No...”
“Why not!?” I exclaimed.
“I was going to get the coconuts, then Tidus came up and challenged me.” He explained.
“Oh. Hey, Tidus?” He sat up, too, looking at me.
“Yeah?”
“Come here, please.”
“No,” Sora whispered, “don’t do it.” Tidus just looked at him funny, then got up and walked towards me. “I promise to say nice things about you at your funeral!”
“Yeah?” I gave him and evil death glare, and he just stared back.
“Go get me some coconuts. Now.” He nodded and straight up high tailed it to the coconut trees. He quickly came back with two. “Thanks.” I took them and tossed one to Riku. He caught it and began to walk back to the cove. I gave them another glare before following.
“Damn. That girl is freaky!” Tidus whispered.
“We all know, Tidus. We all know.” Sora agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This didn't take long to write. All of my chapters have been prewritten from a while ago, so that's why it'll be easy for me to update often.