If I Fall Forever, Will You Be There To Catch Me?

Training

Disclaimer: NO I DON’T FRIKKEN OWN IT!
-----
“Time to start training, Maxin.” Zexion instructed.
“Sure.” I shrugged. “What first?”
“Let’s use the scythe since you have it out. Devour those two dolls over there and move them over here. Or just try to.”
“Alright, Boss.” I pointed the scythe to the dolls forcing shadows to shroud the dolls in complete black darkness and then absorb into the ground. A big shadow puddle thing was where the dolls once were, so I tried pointing next to it, which made the shadow race to where I pointed. I giggled and moved the shadow to where Zexion ordered, and when I stood the scythe upright, the dolls reappeared. “Was that good?”
“Perfect. Now, create a clone.”
“How?” He gave me the ‘Figure it Out Yourself’ look, and I slumped. “Fine.” I turned around to where I could see my shadow and pointed my scythe at it. It became 3-D and the tip of the clone’s head came out of the ground. I moved my scythe higher in the air, and more of clone came out. Soon, the whole clone was out. I brought my scythe back to verticalness and stood it on the ground.
“Good. Now make it fight.” I put my hand on my chin, thinking of how to do that. When I drew a blank, I place both of my palms on each side of the base of the scythe and spun the scythe around. Which accomplished nothing. “What are you doing?”
“I’m trying the best I can!” I whined. “I don’t know what to do now.” I pointed my scythe at the black clone. “Fight.” I demanded. Then, the clone ran towards a doll and started beating the crap out of it. “Stop!” It completely stood still. “Cool. Come back to me.” It dissolved into the ground and came up by me. “Okay. Now give Zexion a big hug!” The clone smirked and nonchalantly walked up to Zexion.
“Maxin, what is your clone doing? If it dares to attack-” He stopped when the clone made a hug gesture. “Ahh!!” Soon the clone was chasing Zexion around the arena.
“Maybe I can make clones of other people.” I mumbled to myself storming up ideas. I shrugged and decided to give it a try. Looking over the shadows, I also decided to make more than just one appear at a time. I pointed to three different shadows separately and raised my scythe. The three shadows rose immediately to my command. “Got that down. Now to sculpt them into other people!” I walked up to the first one. “Hmm...” I pointed my scythe at it. “Form into Larxene!” Then in a flash of darkness, a perfectly good dark shadow clone of Larxene was in front of me. Then I pointed at the second one. “Xemnas!” It did that same as the first one. “I could get really used to this.” I pointed at the third one and yelled, “Riku!” By accident. Then, it changed to someone I’ve never seen before. At least I don’t think I have. “Wha-?”
I looked at the shadow form in front of me. It was really familiar, yet I know I have never met or seen him before. Or have I?
“MAXIN!” I heard a distant Zexion yell. I looked over by where the entrance was to see Zexion still being chased by my clone. I pointed at it and whispered,
“Stop.” And it did. This, since Zexion didn’t see this coming, made him run straight into it. Instead of pushing it, he rebound off of it and fell back on the floor.
“Ohhh....” He groaned. “That’s gonna leave a bruise.” I looked back at the third shadow.
“Riku, huh? Speak.” The clone just looked at me and blinked. “Well? Say something!” I heard footsteps padding closer to me.
“I do not think you are going to get shadows to speak. They have no voice boxes.” Zexion assumed.
“Now I don’t either. Do you know who this is?” I pointed to the ‘Riku’ figure with my hand.
“Nope. Do you?”
“Look, I don’t remember anything at all right now. Where I came from, how I got here; I didn’t even know my name until Larxene told me!”
“I’m sorry about that. Well, back to training. What else did you figure out while that thing was trying to annihilate me?”
“I can make my shadow clones into other people... And I can make more than one at a time. That’s it. And that they can’t talk.”
“We both figured that out. Anyway, good job. It’s time for lunch. You have twenty minutes to go to the kitchen and fix something to eat.”
“Nahh. I’m not hungry. I’m just gonna keep messin around with this, and try to figure it out so I can practice it tomorrow. Unless you want me to get you something.”
“No. I don’t eat much. But, thanks. Well, if you want to practice, be my guest. I’m going to relax with a book. I’ll be over there.” He walked over to the west wall and sat down, leaning against it.
“You have fun with that.” I shook my head turned back to my clones. “Larxene. Approach me.” The clone strode to me and stood abruptly in front of me. “Show me your weapon.” She held her arms out, and claws appeared on her hands, an electric glow emitting from them. “Good. Go back to your original spot. Xemnas. Approach.” The Xemnas clone did the same. “Go scare the shit out of Zexion, then quickly come back here without him noticing.” The Xemnas replica disappeared for a few moments. During the time he was gone I was busy cracking up at the Zexion who’s book was ripped in half and hand was on his chest, breathing harshly.
“What was that!?” He yelled.
“What happened?” I asked, running to him.
“Don’t play innocent. This isn’t just fun and games, Maxin. When you go on a mission, you are going to have to fight, take hearts, and maybe even kill someone. You need to practice battle with them. I’m going to give you a suggestion. Why not use your clones to spar with and attack. You could use lower leveled opponents then higher leveled to compare progress. It’d be good strategy.”
“Oh wow. I guess that is! Thanks, Zexy!” His face went into shock when I said that. I just smirked and walked back to my clones. “Alright you guys. I need help fighting. Larxene change into a really easy opponent.” The clone shape shifted into a dusk nobody. “Alright. Now Xemnas and... Riku... Change into the same creature, but with better skills and fighting abilities.” They both changed and stood next to the used-to-be Larxene. “Ready... GO!” And our fight of shadows began.
What Are the Others Up To?
“Marluxia, have you heard about the new one? She’s a shadow reaper.” Larxene informed Marluxia of Maxin.
“Keeper.” Axel stated.
“Keeper.” Larxene corrected herself.
“No, I do not believe I have had an explanation of her. She’s not another Zexion is she?” Marluxia asked.
“Oh, Hearts no! She looks like a clone of him, as a girl, but she is different. More subtle, I guess.” Larxene replied.
“Larxene, if you had not noticed, Zexion is the most subtle guy in the castle besides Xaldin.” Marluxia commented.
“I meant personality-wise. I don’t know her all that much since Vexen took her to show her some lame experiment, but I do know she is clueless about the mission Superior wants her to go on. It’s devastating to see such a young newbie go so early.”
Back To Maxin
I stood in front of the three shadow bodies that lie on the ground, exhausted from our battle. I panted heavily, trying to gasp for air that was a struggle to breathe. Clapping interrupted my thoughts of what’s to come, and I looked at Zexion who was smiling.
“That was impressive. The first fight and you didn’t even get hit once. Now, I want you to summon a bigger beast by combining those bodies into a larger nobody.”
“I’ll try.” I sighed out. I lifted my scythe and circled it horizontally around the image of the distant bodies that now stood. In a vortex of wind and flashes the bodies joined together to create a massive nobody. Which was extremely tougher looking than dusks. “Oh my God, Zexion. What did you get me into?”
I inhaled sharply, and dashed towards the nobody. As I raised my scythe, one of it’s long arms lashed out and hit me from the front. I flew back and slammed into a wall. Once I fell off I looked up to see it stomping towards me. I stood up and slightly staggered to the beast, summoning shadows to aide me along the way.
“Shadows, devour this creature at once!” In a swift movement of my scythe, shadows covered the monster, paralyzing it temporarily. I threw the scythe in the air and caught the scytheblade. “Now you’re gonna get it.” I growled. I lifted the scytheblade and slashed its head. “Nobody” then its middle body “slams” then both of its arms “me into” then I stabbed its stomach- er, front mid-section “a wall!” With a burst of light and darkness, the monster exploded.
“That was very impressive, Maxin. You have improved your skills greatly from when you were clueless. Now, we’ve gotta get onto bigger, smarter, tougher monsters, and soon you may be able to fight a clone of Xemnas himself.”
“That’s sounds... Painful...” I choked out. “Man, that was hard!”
“It’ll be worth it. Here’s some water. Drink up, and summon another one of those. Once you’ve mastered on beating those with both your scytheblade alone, and your scythe, alone, come talk to me and we’ll see if we want to get dinner.”
“Sure, Zex. Sounds good.”
“What’s with the nicknames, all of the sudden?”
“Well, your name is confusing so I shortened it. And Zexy was a cute name.”
“Whatever, just go kill the evil monster shadows.”
“Nah nah nah nah.” I mocked.
“What was that? Remember, Maxin, I can punish you.” I pouted a cute face.
“You wouldn’t do that to me, would you, Zexy?”
“Depends. If you annoy me annoy me enough, then why not?”
“Okay. Monsters. Kill. Evil. Must. Bye!” I turned around and headed to the regular training area. Using my magical shadow powers, I summoned another beast, and barely defeated it with my scythe only. I got hit four times, and am probably going to die! No, not really. After another monster, and two more hard hits, I finally got the secret to the scythe. Precision. Using my new secret, I defeated a monster with only my scythe with ease, and not getting hit at all.
“Yes!” I exclaimed. “One more weapon to go!”
I summoned up another stupid monster, and switch to the scytheblade. This was a lot more difficult. Since the scytheblade thing is shorter, I had to get closer. And the shadows I used to traumatize it had a shorter effect. Soon enough, I figured if I hit the top of it while summoning a clone from the shadows covering it while it’s frozen, I could use the clone to maximize my blade’s power and kill the monster. After that was over, I collapsed on the ground and couldn’t move, I was that tired.
“Good job, Maxin. That was quicker than I thought. How about you and I go for a round?” I looked up from my leisure position and glared at him.
“When I have my energy and ability to move, I am so going to send you to an alternate universe with my shadows.” I growled. He knelt down and patted my head.
“Good luck with that.”
“Don’t wish me luck, you’ll regret it.”
“Doubt that. Well, I’ll go read a book over there, and when you can move, come get me so you can meet the rest of the Organization hopefully before dinner.”
“I don’t want to eat.”
“Fine. Just tell me when you want to meet the others.”
“Fine.”
“Fine.”
“Stop that.”
“Stop what?”
“Agreeing with me.”
“I’m not.”
“You just were when I was saying fine.”
“That wasn’t necessarily agreeing with you.”
“Face it, you were agreeing with me.”
“I was not.”
“Were so!” I sat up and glared at him.
“I was not!”
“You said fine right after me!”
“So what? I wasn’t agreeing with you.”
“Yes you were, stop being stubborn.”
“You’re the stubborn one. Let it go.”
“You let it go.”
“You.”
“No! You’re the one who can’t admit you were agreeing with me!”
“You’re the one who can’t admit you’re wrong about me admitting something!”
“You’re the wrong one! Even if what you said never made any sense!”
“Am not! And it did so!”
“Now you’re denying it!”
“Cause of you!”
“Nuh-uh!”
Outside of the Training Arena
Demyx was just walking through the halls for fun when he heard distant mumbling. Well, more like distant arguing. He walked further down the hall he was in until he got the door to the Training Arena. He put his ears up the door and listened intently.
“Yeah huh!” Well that was Zexion.
“It was not!” But, who was this?
“God, shut up!”
“No, you!”
“I don’t need to!”
“Do so!”
“No I don’t.”
“Yeah huh.”
“Nuh uh.”
“Just admit that you were agreeing with me and go read your Winnie the Pooh.”
“I do not read that! And I never agreed with you!”
“Fine!”
“Fine!”
“You did it again!”
“Did what!?”
“Agreed with me!”
“Did not.”
“Did so.”
“Did not.”
“Did so.”
“No I didn’t. Deal with it.”
“You deal with it.”
“Deal with what?”
“That’s what.”
“What? I’m confused.”
“Get used to it.”
*Face Palm* “Something’s wrong with you.”
“Something’s wrong with you. You can’t admit that you were wrong about me being wrong nor that you agreed with me.”
“I didn’t agree with you.”
“Did so! Twice.” Demyx did not know who this girl was, but she was for sure as Hell persistent.
“No I didn’t! I could’ve said something totally disregarding you and you’d be too busy in La La Land to even get it.”
“Then how come I got the fact you agreed with me?”
“That’s not true! I didn’t agree with you!” Demyx opened the doors yelling,
“Who cares?!” The both looked at him with shocked expressions. Well, Zexion’s was as shocked as it was gonna get.
Maxin’s PoV
Whoa. Who is that guy? Probably another one of them. Or worse. Another Zexion. Ugh. This isn’t good.
“Who are you?” Shit! Did I just say that out loud!?
“I’m Demyx. Number 9. Who are you?”
“I’m Maxin. Number 14. Nice to meet you.”
“Number 14?!” He walked in and closed the door. “Wow. I never knew we had a fourteen.”
“I’m new.”
“How new?”
“Like six hours new.”
“Whoa. That’s new.”
“I know, right?” Zexion sighed and face palmed again.
“I’m leaving before I catch this disease.” He muttered before disappearing.
“Oh well. He was a third wheel anyway. What were you guys arguing about?”
“Well, he agreed with me and I didn’t want him to so we got in this long argument about him agreeing with me because he couldn’t admit that he was agreeing with me so we argued about it then he did it again so we got in a discussion about that then his books and Winnie the Pooh and then he got confused and then we started arguing again and that’s where you came in.” I took a sharp gasp of breath after saying that.
“Ohhhh... That explains most of it.”
“Good.”
“You have a nickname, yet?”
“Yep.”
“...What is it?”
“The Shadow Keeper. Do you?”
“Heck yeah! I’m the Melodious Nocturne.”
“Cool!”
“I know. What’s you’re power?”
“I can manipulate shadows and turn it into solid people/things/monsters and control them to do what I say. What about you?”
“I make water dance.” He said that in an unconfident tone.
“Cool. I have this feeling like I’ve seen you before. Well... Like heard your voice is more like it. And your eyes. Those are familiar, too.”
“You are really familiar, too. I swear I’ve seen you before and have actually talked to you.”
“Maybe you said hi to me on one of your missions before.”
“Nah. I remember what goes on in all of my missions but nothing like you shows up.”
“I can’t remember anything or anywhere that happened before this morning.”
“Oh darn. That’s bad.”
“I know. Maybe things will get better and I’ll remember in time.”
“Hopefully.” Then Superior popped up next to me.
“Ah, I see you’ve met Demyx. Number 9 in our Organization. Well, it’s time for you to meet with Luxord, a master of time. We’ve discussed some things and he must speak with you.”
Xemmy and Luxy’s Talk
“Luxord I need to speak with you.” Xemnas said as he sat across the table from Luxord.
“Ah, well, I’m shuffling my deck, so, talk away.” Luxord responded not looking away from his rigged deck of cards.
“The arrival of our newest, member, Maxin, is not so new to a few of us. We have already had her in the Organization before, and it’s critical that she knows that, You are a master of time, so along with Namine and her memory fixing, maybe you could trigger something that will bring back her memory of being with us in the past, before she fell off of the island thing.”
“I don’t know if I can really help with memories, but I’ll try. Now how about a game of cards?”
“No, Luxord. I’m far too busy.”
“Eating pie?”
“Leave me and my pie alone, Luxord. That is none of your concern. Anyway, you are going to be seeing her and speaking with her momentarily. Be prepared and play your cards right.”
“Ahaha, good one Superior.” Luxord fake laughed and scowled at the joke. “Just get the girl in here.”
“Alright. She will be here shortly.” With that, Xemnas poofed.
Back To The Present
I was brought to a room with a table covered in card decks, and a poker table.
“Hello, number 14. Good to see you.” A blonde man was sitting in a recliner chair, flicking a pack of cards over and over again. “I’ve heard you are having memory problems.”
“Yes. I can’t remember a single thing that happened before I ended up here this morning.” I said.
“That’s troubling, isn’t it? Well, I may be able to help you. But, I may not at the same time. Come sit.” He brought be to a green couch by his blue recliner. I sat down by where he was. “Does anything here look familiar?”
“Well...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh! Super long chapter bad for brain! It hurts. This was especially hard to write since I’m really hyper and yet I haven’t slept for 24 hours almost. Like 23 hours and 54 minutes and 32 seconds. Anyway, this was long. I guess. Longer than usual, I guess, also. So.... Yeah. R&R if ya want.