Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Just Friends

“One time... one time I w-was in a bar and-” Gerard broke off and stared around, blinking his eyes rapidly.

“You are so drunk.” Mikey told his brother, gently easing the drink from Gerard's hand.

“It's- it's New Years, man! We can get drunk.” Gerard hiccoughed, drinking directly from the open bottle of Bacardi Mojito.

I shook my head and didn't say anything. I had barely had any to drink, except for some wine, because I needed to watch the band and make sure they didn't do anything stupid.

“I think I'm going back to the hotel.” Bob told me, “Ray's coming with me too.”

“Alright, we might as well just all go then.” I said, “Come on Gerard, let's go somewhere nice and warm.”

Gerard easily leaned into me as I lead him towards the street where we could catch a taxi. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder, “You're so nice Linds, ya know?”

I chuckled, “Thanks.”

Fourty minutes later I finally retired back to my own hotel room, having safetly accompanied a drunken Gerard back to where he could sleep in peace. I changed out of my clothes and into an old tanktop and a pair of Dylan's boxer shorts.

I had just settled down into my bed when there was a knock at my door. Groaning, I got up and walked grumpily towards it.

“Hi.” Frank smiled at me. He was leaning agaisnt the doorframe of my hotel room. One whiff and I could tell he was slightly intoxicated.

I stared at him, wondering what on Earth he could want. “Hi.”

“So, I was thinking-” He broke off and looked past me into my room, “Can I come in for a minute?”

“Uh, sure.” I stepped back and let him pass me. He made his way over and sat down on the chair beside my T.V. I closed the door and sat down on the end of my bed, watching him as he glanced carelessly around my room. When his gaze finally settled on me I felt my stomach clench, as if I were nervous.

“Nice boxers.”

I flushed and glanced down, wondering how I would explain this. They were obviously boxers belonging to a guy.

“Yeah... they were... my ex-boyfriend's.” I lied badly, not meeting Frank's eyes.

He just nodded and stared at me. I felt my face warm as his hazel eyes never left my own green ones. Something about the way Frank looked at me made me feel like I was immobile.

“So what did you want?” I asked, fingering the hem of my tanktop.

“Do you want me to cut to the chase or beat around the bush for a bit?” He countered with a question of his own, and I felt a laugh bubbling up from my stomach.

“Just cut to the chase.”

“I was thinking...” Frank tilted his head slightly to the side, “I was thinking we should be friends again.”

“We were never friends.”

“Excuse me?” Frank looked at me questioningly and I repeated myself.

“We can't be friends again becase we never were friends in the first place.”

Frank laughed, and I couldn't help but chuckle along with him, “Seriosuly, Lindsey? Really?”

He stood up and sat down next to me on the bed, “Come on, we would be good friends.”

I smiled at him, suddenly aware of how close we were to each other. I felt my breath catch in my throat for a split second, then shook it off. “Okay, but you have to promise me one thing.”

“What?”

“No flirting with me.” I looked at him seriosuly.

“Okay.” He shrugged, “No flirting.”

“Okay then.”

“So we're friends now?” Frank asked, and I nodded after hesitating for a second.

He then reached over and wrapped his arms around me in a hug. It wasn't the best hug I'd ever had; it was actually slightly awkward since we were both sitting side by side. His arms were bent at a strange angle, and my arms were stuck between his body and mine. But it felt nice anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
This update is a little bit late cause I went to the beach today (=
Thanks to Izzymonster and Leanimal for commenting!! And obvious thanks to my usual commentors!! <33

P.S. Those of you who want Frank and Lindsey to get together are probably going to like the next couple parts, if you get what I'm saying (; (;