Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Obvious

I sat in my hotel room the next day, waiting for the guys to come back from their show. They had finished their set and told me to go back to the hotel room since I deserved some much needed time off. I was hesitant about leaving them, but Ray had calmed me.

“Lindsey, all we have to do is get changed, get the techies to put our crap away safetly, and take our bus back to the hotel.” He had told me, “We'll be fine. Now go!”

I walked around my hotel room, still slightly nervous that something would happen to My Chemical Romance and I would be to blame.

A knock sounded on my door and I jumped, worried that it would be the police telling me that, unfortunately, all the members of My Chemical Romance were dead.

As I hurried over to answer the door, I realized that I must have cared a lot about the five guys in this band if I didn't want anything bad to happen to them.

I swung my hotel door open and sighed in relief when I saw a sweaty Frank, grinning at me.

“Want to get dinner?” He asked me.

“You're covered in sweat.”

“No kidding?” Frank laughed, “I meant after I showered. There's a good vegetarian place that Ray told me about.”

“Vegetarian? The other guys are gonna eat veggies?” I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.

“Well, I meant that just me and you would go, us being the only vegetarians that are here.”

“Oh.” This sounded awfully like a date... but it couldn't be, because Frank and I were only friends, “Sure, I'll get ready while you shower.”

He smiled at me and then disappeared. While he showered I changed into jeans and a v-neck sweater. I brushed my hair and teeth, deciding to go without makeup. I couldn't help thinking that if Frank were Dylan, and I was back home in Odessa, us going to dinner would be a date. But since Frank and I were just friends, it was just hanging out.

I decided to go wait for Frank in his and Gerard's room, rather than sitting by myself in my own room. I grabbed my purse, making sure I had my hotel key, wallet, and cell phone. Then I exited my room and knocked on Gerard's.

He let me in and looked me up and down, “You better not be going on a date.”

“I'm not!” I said, “We're just going to dinner!”

Gerard smirked at me and then shook his head, “You know, ever since you and Frank have made up, he's been much happier. You're good for him.”

I made a sound that could have meant anything and Gerard laughed.

“So I was thinking, if you did want to date him... I guess I should let you. Seeing as how happy you make him.”

“We're not going to date.” I said firmly, but as I said it I had a sudden image of Frank and I holding hands, and my stomach clenched. Probably with disgust. Maybe with horror.

“Okay.” Gerard said slyly, “But if you did... I'm okay with it. Just letting you know.”

“Shut up.” I laughed as Frank emerged from the bathroom, fully dressed and smiling cutely at me.

“Ready to go?” He asked.

“Yup.” I shot a look at Gerard, who was smirking as he watched the T.V., and rolled my eyes, “See you later Gerard.”

He nodded and bit back a laugh, “Have fun.”

I knew what he was thinking. He thought Frank and I liked each other and were just keeping it under wraps. He was thinking that tonight Frank and I would kiss. But he was so wrong. I wasn't going to kiss Frank. Hug him, maybe, but never kiss him. Not when I had Dylan, waiting patiently for me in Odessa.

And besides, Frank knew we were only friends. Why would he try to kiss me now, espicially since it would jeopardize our friendship. Sure, in the past, I thought he was going to kiss me on a couple occasions, but that was when he had been flirting with me. And he wasn't doing that anymore.

I followed Frank into the elevator. As soon as the doors closed I felt a wave of awkwardness sweep me. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself otherwise, this really seemed like a date.

“Frank, this isn't a date right?” I blurted out, and he shot me a look that seemed to say 'Are you stupid?'

“No... we're just two friends going to eat dinner.” He assured me, “I go to dinner with the guys in the band all the time, it doesn't mean I'm dating them.”

“Right.” I stepped out of the elevator as it opened, feeling greatly reassured.
♠ ♠ ♠
I woke up at 6 in the morning to hail crashing into my balcony screen door. And now it's nice outside. Crazy canadian weather d=
Thanks for commenting and enjoy!!
And also, one more reader & one more subscriber and this story is up to SIX stars! Yaaayy! <333