Status: Complete.

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

Tonight, I Love You

** NOTE. If you want to add to this chapter, please visit youtube & search Tonight, I Love You by The Latency (the song goes with the story). I would link it but we're not allowed.

**

He stood up and grabbed my hands, pulling me up to my feet. Before I could say a word, he flung me onto his back and started jogging towards the stage, piggy-backing me the whole way.

I laughed loudly, brushing my hands through Dylan’s hair as we reached the stage.

Dylan gently put me down, and then raised his hand to me as if to say ‘wait here’.

I obliged, watching as he walked towards the stage and spoke in a low voice to one of the people who had just finished setting a microphone up.

I watched, bemused, as Dylan sauntered back, grinning broadly.

“What did he say?” I asked.

Dylan opened his mouth to answer, but before he could a voice rang out using the microphone I had just seen get set up.

“This is dedicated to Lindsey Winters, from a Dylan Medle.” A young man spoke, nodding in my direction before he turned to four other guys on the stage and nodding once again.

I gaped at Dylan as a soothing guitar and drumbeat started. Words failed me as Dylan extended his hand and said, “Want to dance?”

I took his hand, snaking my other around his shoulder as he placed his on my waist.

It’s a beautiful night and I’m opened up
The look in your eyes says so much
Nothing can touch us out here
Don’t know where we are but I know I see,
A beautiful girl walking next to me
I need to hold you, my dear.


The young man who had spoken into the microphone began singing as Dylan and I danced. I could feel happy tears prick my eyes as Dylan stared at me defiantly. He was the sweetest thing that had ever happened to me.

I’d give you today but it’s not mine yet
I’d ask you to stay with me ‘till then
I think I’m falling for you
I just want to look in your eyes and see,
All that you have looking back at me,
I think tonight, I love you.


“I love you.” Dylan sang the last words to me, leaning forward gently and kissing me softly. I kissed him back, running my hands across his back and through his hair.

Dylan broke the kiss; looking into my eyes with such a strong passion I felt my knees buckle. If he hadn’t been holding on to me, I probably would have floated away.

Tell me the chance hasn’t passed us by,
Cause baby the stars have never shined so bright
Nothing can stop us out here
Let’s just take tonight, tonight, slow
I want to see where this, where this, goes.
I need you.


Dylan twirled me around, and as I span I saw the scene around me. The perfect sunset, with my perfect boyfriend, and we were dancing to the perfect song on the perfect day.

Just breathe in, you’ll be fine.
I’m right here by your side
I love you.
I’d give you today but it’s not mine yet
I’ll ask you to stay with me ‘till then
I think tonight, I love you.


The song ended and Dylan let go of my hands, stepping back to stare at me with the most determined expression I’ve ever seen on his face.

“Lindsey, I need to ask you something.” He said, seriousness dripping off every syllable of his words.

I nodded, vaguely realizing that the band playing their song had caused a small crowd of people to assemble around, all watching us with warm expressions on their faces.

Dylan let out a deep breath, then stuck his hand in his back jeans pocket and bent down on one knee.

My mind whirled at three hundred miles per hour, barely comprehending all that was taking place in front of me.

“Lindsey… will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment if you like (=