Destroyed by Your Lack of Sympathy

All The Things You Never Ever Told Me

I was holding Amber and crying slightly. "Amber.... What happened to you?" I said shakily, trying not sob.
The blood drained from her face, she was almost white, the lights were dim and I couldn’t see her well.
I swatted the light switch; tears were streaming down her face.
"Amber, what happened?" I questioned again. She shook her head no, as to tell me she wasn’t going to spill.
"Fine, I’ll tell you why I was on that cliff if you tell me what happened to you, deal?" Shaky again. She simply nodded. I took in a deep breath, i started to shake. This wouldn’t be easy for me, only Maia knew my life story, but she was dead now, I hoped me and Amber could get as close as we were. I knew we would.
"Well, its starts when I was 12, when I met my best friend Maia, she lived in our apartment building, we were best friends, well, her dad and my mom, got really close when me and Maia were 14, when Maia's mom found out they were having sex, she left him, it took a hard hit on Maia when she didn’t even want her, it took her a year to get over it all, but my mom was still fucking her dad, it was hard for both of us. I knew she had been cutting for a few months, but I didn’t realize how bad she was. I knew we had to get out of that place, so we rented out the apartment I was living in, um, yesterday. We were only sixteen, our parents didn’t know how we were paying for it, and they didn’t know we had it. We both had a job; I just got fired from mine. She didn’t last long, within two months, she found out her dad had a tumor and may not have made it. She took it really hard, I went to bed with her one night, and I helped her take her mind off it. We fell asleep in each others arms. I woke up alone, I looked to her bed, she wasn’t there, I looked on the night stand next to me, a note.
I’m sorry shadow, I cant take it anymore, this lie is unbearable, I’m just so cold and distant, and I want it to leave, I’m going away at my favorite place, plant a flower there for my soul, I love you shadow good bye <3.I ran out the door, footsteps in the mud led my suspicions, they were fresh, if I was a bit faster, I may have saved her, I ran as fast as i could, to the cliff overlooking Ellis Island. When I got there, it was a horrid sight, she was still standing there, but there were pill bottles and bloody razors all over the ground around her. I screamed her name; she stepped forward and fell off the ledge. I love you, i heard her scream as she fell. I called 911, they sent all the fire engines and police cars they could, her body was never found." I stopped for a second; I felt a lump in my throat. She knew I was hurting again and she kissed me lightly on the mouth. I smiled, kissing her back.
"They sent me home, I was so sad about it all. I had never felt as sad as I did that day. When i got home, my mom had already found out, as had Maia's father. When i walked in i was greeted by something smashing into my nose, I felt blood spatter and drip down my face. My mother stood in front of me. She started yelling at me about how it was my entire fault that Maia died and her father left. She beat me more, and then kicked me out. I lived in my apartment, I managed to live though the shit about 4 years, the drugs, sex and abuse, before I walked to the cliff, I was right on the edge, like I was last night, until I saw a flower flash behind my eyelids, then I fell back and fell into a deep sleep, I woke up when I was in the back of an ambulance, with a one way ticket to an asylum, I didn’t stay long, but i have survived till now on my own, now, I have you." That part went a bit easier, at then end of my last sentence, I gave her a kiss.
"Your turn Amber, you promised."