Don't Blame Me for Being Me

Chapter 56 From two till six, these chats, these hits. The night was perfect bliss. And I never felt

Chapter 56
From two till six, these chats, these hits. The night was perfect bliss. And I never felt like this (dedicated to my good goodie friend Polina)
Since the guys already greeted each other they were watching us. But Polina and me still kept it putting aside. WE HADN’T SEEN EACH OTHER FOR A YEAR AND A BIT MORE.
“How fucking did you get here?” I asked her.
“You know I’ve always loved something abnormal, unusual ways to get anything. So I took part in a contest Placebo held. I won and now I kinda help in decorating stages they have shows at. We got along pretty easy and it feels really good touring with the Placebo guys. And I don’t know why but they think that I’m very creative”, she explained and smiled.
“You always are!” I praised her. “I’m extremely happy to see you”.
We hugged each other one more time and finally explained to the guys the whole situation. They were amazed by the way. Well, Placebo took the stage for sound check. My guys from TAI left for their dressing room just to chill and talk. Polina and me congregated at the backstage. We talked for so long about our lifes! And sure it wasn’t enough though xD. Then Polina left me to look the ways for decorating the stage. I fastly rushed to TAI’s dressing room.
“Guys, we have a bender tonight!” I exclaimed standing in a doorway.
“We should thank your friend, yeah?” Butcher asked.
I laughed.
“She’s the main reason”, I replied. “So find a place where we can conceal after the show, okay?”
They all nodded and I returned to Polina.
“Sometimes I think that without some shots I won’t end this decoration. May be we’ll drink something?” she said.
“Sure! You read my thoughts”, I smiled. “As the guys are busy with their show, we need to get drinks and snacks. We’ll organize a bender! We need to drink for our meeting, dear”, I said.
“I see you didn’t change”, Polina laughed. “Yeah, that’s great idea! After the show there will be a great bender”.
So we ended talking about how we’ve lived for all of this time we didn’t see each other. When Placebo made a way to their dressing room Polina followed the guys to tell them our plans for tonight. She returned with the reply that they are totally up with it.
****************************************************************************
Our dressing room party xD was going good. Everybody was talking. Not very loud music was making you to get a dance whenever you want and whomever you want to. There were much drinks and good people resting with it. The show before turned to be awesome. Names of Placebo and The Academy Is… worked good to gather much different people. And now “the stars” congregated in that dressing room with drinks having good time…
TAI guys were asking me to make up a game for everybody. All I could think up then was hide-and-seek xD. I honestly felt lazy to organize anything. All I wanted was chatting xD. I’m not sure Polina and me had much time separate from each other xD. Though, of course, I couldn’t curb from having a little conversation with Brian Molko and asking the band for autographs. Also Butcher and me were taking photos. We have amazing one, no, two, where he was taking photo of me taking photo of him xD. Well, it was just usual party when you have time to speak with everybody in general and each other in person. After an hour or two Polina, me and an opened bottle of whiskey xD concealed in a corner of the room. As it often happens after some amount of alcohol gets into your body and you have a friend to speak with, you begin talking about boyfriends, relationships and etc. xD. Polina and me weren’t an exclusion. We shared many stories about all of this stuff.
“You had a boy as I remember. Dima’s his name, yeah? Are you still with him?” I asked her.
“I am here, so we kinda apart”, she noticed right.
“But..”, I pried in.
“But, yeah, we’re still together. He works in some company in Mogilev, so that can’t be bad”, she said.
“Cause it’s your hometown, I know”, I ended for her.
“Yeah. And I wanna say to you my dirty little secret”, she said quietly.
We bent down our heads to each other.
“I secretly love Brian. Not in a friendly way and notwithstanding he’s a firm homosexual”, she whispered and we looked around as if somebody could understand our chat in Russian xD.
“Oh, it’s sad. And I kinda know how you feel. Same with me. And I’m ready to bet that you’ll turn Brian into heterosexual sooner than I’ll turn Trohman to love me”, I said bitterly and sipped some whiskey right from the bottle.
Polina laughed knowing I was joking sarcastically.
After some time we were found by Mike Carden.
“Somebody told that she wasn’t gonna drink in our company”, he teased me.
“And I keep my promise. I’m drinking in another company”, I smiled pointing at Polina.
He chuckled.
“You’re brave. But don’t forget you’ll sleep in bus bunk tonight…with us”, he threatened.
I just smiled and sipped some more whiskey. Mike made “then don’t say I didn’t warn you” kind of face and walked back to the rest of the people. Polina and me had some time else one at one and then returned to the people. Somebody suggested karaoke…xD. And it was the best suggestion for that time. Firstly Polina and me made Placebo guys sing some TAI song and asked TAI guys sing some song of Placebo. So Brian and co picked We’ve Got a Big Mess in Our Hands and performed it very nice and in its own style. TAI boys chose Every You, Every Me and Bill along with Chislett sang it. The rest of TAI made up excuses just not to sing. Sisky said that he’s good at rap or hip-hop songs so he and me picked Eminem’s Without Me and made all laugh and have a big fun at us xD. But we sounded good, to be honestly. Polina and Brian had their own duo singing Don’t Cry by Guns’n’Roses. To the end of the song we all actually were singing along. Well after this sad song Polina and me made the people smile and be merry xD. We picked The Killers’ Somebody Told Me and performed it very good imitating Brandon’s actions in the band’s video xD. Yeah, karaoke was damn good idea! Our merry company sang many of 80’s pop and rock hits. We were like crazy arguing what to choose and who to perform xD. When I saw in a list of songs Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie I couldn’t curb to switch it and dedicate to Bill. We laughed reminiscing one of TAI TV episodes (Bill’s hips don’t lie). As I like Latino and Arabic dances and as I drank enough for encourage, the song was accompanied by dance performed by me not so bad xD. Well, at least they all said so xD. Bill dedicated a song for me too. He chose This Love by Maroon 5. Oh, and Butcher tried to sing Mika’s Grace Kelly! You can imagine how hilarious it was. I can’t remember the last time I laughed this hard. Butcher’s… singing…was just side-splitting xD. Another funny thing was Mike and Chizzy singing Lovefool of The Cardigans xD. And they were dancing!
Well, we had a great time. As a final song we picked Tonight, Tonight of Smashing Pumpkins and sang it together.
“I noticed no Russian song there in the list”, I stated jokingly sad and winked to Polina.
“Yeah, it’s unfair, isn’t it?” she said.
Guys were looking at us with a little misunderstanding.
“Does anybody want to learn some Russian or Belarusian songs?” I announced.
Polina looked at me being amazed.
“You wanna try to do this?” she asked in Russian.
“I guess we all will get much fun”, I replied her.
Well, the guys weren’t against. So imagine the next picture – Polina and me being surrounded by them all trying to make them sing a Belarusian song. We were repeating each word endless number of times, we were showing how to spell it right, we were making everything for their learning. And as it seemed the best pupils were Brian, Butcher and Adam xD. Somebody gave up his trying, somebody was too drunk to get the sense of what was happening, somebody was just getting fun at it. To the end Polina and me just were asked to sing it ourselves, so we did it. They were greatly amazed and came to conclusion that belarusian language is difficult, but beautiful and melodic xD.
With all of that time to say goodbyes came. Polina and me exchanged notes with our present contacts meaning to call and mail each other every day from then. We all were at bus stop hugging ach other farewell.
“Wish this night to be endless, really”, I said to Polina.
“Same with me. It was just great”, she replied.
“Yeah. Take care”, I said hugging her one last time.
“You too”, she replied. “Hope we’ll see each other another time”.
“At least we have each other’s phone numbers and emails”, I said.
She smiled. After some seconds she was called by Brian. She waved her hand to me and walked away with Placebo to their bus. I looked around to see William, Adam and Mike standing near.
“Well, come on. We have to go too”, Bill said and pulled me to him.
I squeezed a note with Polina’s contacts and put another arm around Bill’s waist as we were walking to TAI tour bus.