‹ Prequel: Even If I Say

With These Bloodshot Eyes

Looking For A Lifeline

The train pulled into Hogsmeade Station. I climbed off deftly and headed for the carriages.

Draco sped to catch up with me. "Ravie! Slow down!"

I sat in the carraige thinking silently.

I thought about my O.W.L. results. Of course, I had gotten mostly O's and two A. Of course I had expected the lower grades in History of Magic and Defense Against The Dark Arts.

This year I had decided to drop both classes.

I stared out the window.

Ara's grades had been perfect.

We sat at the feast. I looked over to the Gryffindor table and saw Ara's curling brown hair next to Harry Potter.

I sighed and turned to Draco who seemed lost in his own thoughts.

I ran my hand down his leg, more relaxed to finally be in the castle. Draco looked over to me and grabbed my hand.

"I'm sorry for freaking out in the train."

"It's all right Ravie, I know you're stressed about Ara and your family."

I nodded and squeezed his hand. I looked over to Pansy ,who, as soon as my eyes met hers grew scared.

"I'm sorry Pansy, I shouldn't have snapped at you on the train." I said sincerely.

She nodded and muttered a whatever, clearly showing more confidence then she actually had. I wanted to snort at her but refrained.

"Everyone had a good holiday then?" I asked.

"Weren't you listening on the train Ravencroft?" Pansy asked.

"Obviously not Pansy, I've had other things on my mind."

"Of course you have Ravencroft. How are you ever going to make it up to the Dark Lord that your sister is dating Potter?"

"What sister?" I asked calmly.

"Aracelli."

"Aracelli is no sister of mine."

Pansy shrugged. "She was a year ago."

"That blood traitor deserves whatever she gets." Draco looked at me.

He knew that although I played cool with the situation with Ara that I would give anything to have her back.

Ara and I were sisters after all. Nothing could change that. Though, spending more time with my parents this summer rather then spending it with Draco and Ara I learned things about Ara and I that I never should have.

We aren't truly Ravencrofts. Though, I'm not sure who our real parents are, I do know that it isn't Jocelyn and Matthew Ravencroft.

And the Dark Lord had discovered Ara's longing to join the Order of the Phoenix. It wasn't long before she was punished in some way. I didn't know if I could handle it.

Professor Dumbledore made his speech and the feast began. I picked slightly at the mashed potatoes on my plate and finally we were released to the common rooms. Draco said the password and we entered.

It's the start of another year, things are going to be different.