The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 36

Three Weeks Later
Aiden’s POV

“Well I don’t know, Aiden! What do you and Eric want to do? It’s your wedding, not ours!”

I crossed my arms over my chest, slumping back in my chair.

“Oh, that’s mature.” Dad snapped. “What are you, five years old?”

I tapped my fingers on the sides of my arm.

“Aiden Riley Iero-Way, what has gotten into you? You’ve been absolutely rude to me for weeks. I am only trying to help you seeing as you are getting married in a month. Do you want a fucking ceremony or not?!” Dad had had enough and I could tell.

“I WANT YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“Fine.” Dad sighed. “I will leave you alone and, like I said, you can plan the entire damn wedding yourself. Just know that the only reason I’m in here and not Eric is because you’ve driven him batty acting like this.

“Maybe if you hadn’t fucking adopted me none of us would be in this GODDAMN situation!” I screamed.

“What are you saying?” Dad asked.

“I’m saying I wish you had never adopted me. I’m SO SICK OF IT. I can’t go fucking anywhere without people talking about you, you, you or Gerard, Gerard, Gerard. I’m just some goddamn My Chemical Romance faggot love child! I hate you! I hate you for doing this to me!” I began to cry I was so angry. “I hate you.”

Dad looked at me, tears brimming his eyes. Then he did something that made me regret every word instantly. He just slowly turned and walked away, sniffling.

Did I feel better, screaming that at my father? No. I felt all my anger I already had and it was now added in with some guilt and frustration. Frustration that I hadn’t said more to Dad. I don’t know why, but suddenly he was like my worst enemy. In my mind, I hated him and Daddy.

Gerard’s POV

Frank stormed into the bedroom, his head held down. He slammed the door shut and slid down it slowly, his shoulders beginning to shake. I had been sitting and writing song lyrics on our bed when he’d bursted in.

I jumped up and ran to him. “Frank, whats wrong?”

“A-Aiden.” He began to cry.

“Is Aiden hurt? What’s going on?”

“Aiden hates me.” Frank began to full out sob. “He said he hated me, Gerard… h-he said he hated me.”

I stood Frankie up, leading him to the bed. After I sat down on it I sighed, ran my fingers through his hair, and kissed his forehead. I had a feeling I knew what had happened, but I wanted to be sure.

“Baby, I’m going to be right back… alright? I’ll be right back.”

He nodded, still sobbing. “O-okay, Gee… I love you.”

“I love you too.” I kissed him gently before heading downstairs.

Aiden’s POV

Aiden Riley Iero-Way.

I looked up to see Daddy looking at me angrily. “What in the fuck has gotten into you? Frank is hysterical! How dare you saying something like that to him. You hate him?”

“I hate you too.” I spat defensively.

He glared at me, coming up to me. “Listen here. Your dad gave up MCR to stay home with you so you could have a normal childhood because it was the ‘right thing to do’ though he loved that band more than life itself. Your dad raised you practically alone. He loves you more than anything, Aiden. You are his best fucking friend, not just his son. How could you be so fucking selfish as to say that to him?!”

“Yeah, right.”

“Yeah right what?”

“Yeah right your fucking face! Leave me alone!”

Gerard’s POV

“I didn’t do anything.” Frankie sobbed into my chest, balling my t-shirt in his hands. “I d-didn’t do anything to him.”

“Baby, he’s just angry…” I whispered, rocking him. “This isn’t about you, I promise. This was never about you.”

“He hates me. He hates me, he hates me. H-he s-said t-that he was j-just a ‘faggot lovechild.’” Frankie cried. “He isn’t just a love child, Gerard… he’s my baby and he haaaates me.”

He raised up to look at me. His nose was running, his face was red and tear streaked. He looked absolutely terrible and it broke my heart. I pulled him close, trying to feel angry at Aiden.

I was angry at Aiden but I knew one day, sooner or later, this would happen. Frank did too.

Both of us knew one day Aiden would blow up. Bella had done it, why wouldn’t Aiden? This was just hurting Frankie more because for a long time Aiden was all he had.

“He still loves you.” I whispered. “Remember, his therapist called… he’s going through some shit right now, Frank… it’s okay, baby… please don’t cry.”

“T-that hurt so much.” Frankie sobbed. “I… I don’t want my son to hate me, Gerard… I love him so much.”

I looked at him. His face was still red and he looked pitiful. I went back to rocking him, trying to make him feel better. I knew my words didn’t help. He needed to hear this from Aiden, not me. Aiden wouldn’t be apologizing any time soon though.

That’s because if there is one thing he’s gotten from me, its my temper.

“Gee, h-he needs help. I-I think something wrong and he n-needs help.” Frankie said through his tears. “C-Can you get Eric to m-make sure he’s okay?”

“Yeah, hon… I’ll go tell Eric now.”

Frankie nodded and continued to sob as I left the room.

This was going to be a looooong night.

Later That Night…

Frankie had stayed locked in our room all day, crying off and on. It was terrible watching him. He was miserable and I knew Aiden’s words had really stung.

Aiden hadn’t spoken to me at all, but I had heard him and Eric arguing more than once today. Well, I heard Aiden yelling at Eric. I only hoped Aiden wasn’t being too hurtful towards Eric because I loved that kid like he was my own.

Speaking of my kid, I wanted to harm him. No, I didn’t want to harm him. I just wanted to shut him the fuck up until he learned how to be nice to someone.

I crawled into bed with Frankie around midnight after turning all of the lights in the house off and checking the doors. He was quietly sniffling, just lying on top of the covers in his boxers and a t-shirt.

“Let’s get under the covers, sugar.” I whispered, kissing his cheek.

He nodded and wriggled under the covers, curling into me immediately.

“Don’t let Aiden bother you… none of what he said was true and both of us know it.” I whispered reassuringly in his ear.

“I’m trying not to.” He whispered, sniffling. “It’s just, you know… when he was younger he’d stay stuff like that and I thought he meant it… and it just reminds me of then when it was bad. When Bella was cutting and Aiden was a jerk and you g-got back into things….”

I rubbed his back gently, kissing his cheek. “Shh shh shh, just rest. Tomorrow will be better, you’ll see.”

“It better be.” He sniffled quietly before closing his eyes and falling into a restless sleep.