Vinyl Records:

Letter to Sally, Part I

”Dear Sally,

I realize that a lot of time has passed by, and we haven’t spoken a single word. I’m not the kind of person to take radical action, and you know that. I guess it’s not your fault, although I wish to God it was. But this is not the point of this whole letter. I realize that it's cowardly of me to tell you this way, but that day when I asked you that question, was the day I planned to do this. But seeing you, almost like you used to be, broke my heart so I chickened out yet again. This isn’t something I did in the heat of the moment. It comes from one year of fighting myself to stop this step from coming. But I can’t any longer.
I was a true friend to you, and although most people said “Abigail won’t mind.” I sure minded! I hated people who said that, they were stupid and idiotic for ever thinking that way. But I guess you did too for a while, thinking that after that night at the banquet, you still didn’t treasure me as a friend- a true one- should be treasured. I fought for you and I was miserable to the point of not wanting to get up in the morning. I was broken and more miserable than I’m sure you’ve ever been. And I mean that. You didn’t know, because I didn’t show it. You ignored me constantly and shoved everyone else before me, and for that there is no excuse. You only called me when you needed me, and even my mother said I was your little “dog.”. And she was-is- right. You treated me like shit for weeks at a time, and when I tried to reach out to you in Bulgaria, you cut me off and told me “we can’t see each other that much. We need other friends.” . So I took it, shutting my mouth. You don’t even know how much pain and anguish you have caused me to this day. And I cared, Sally. I swear I did. But I don’t anymore. I don’t give a shit about our friendship anymore. It’s done. It’s over. I will not fight for it any longer. Yes, this is public and I realize this will be top material for gossip, but people who talk about this are nothing but idiots and sad people who don’t have a life and talk about others’.
You were nothing but a bad influence on me- at least the new Sally is- and I can’t get over the time you said we’d go together to that concert, but I left with Lily. A true friend. Nothing like you ever were, and looking back I realize it now. Or that time when I was in the center of the town with you and Stella and two other kids showed up and you left me alone there, sitting at a table guarding your things. Much like a dog would, eh? I wrote this story for you, to know what you’ve gotten trough, to find your strength but it also serves as a reminder for me when I feel like I’ve done the wrong thing. You’ll see this when you’ll be reading off your cellphone, or someone else’s. I am completely over our friendship, Sally.-"

I cut off my reading, and lay in my bed and fell asleep tortured by my thoughts. I would read the rest of it tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
"And we both go down together. We'd stay there forever. Just try to get up. And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy. When i asked you, believe me. And never let go."
- Mayday Parade