Stake It to the Limit

Friends?

Jason stood in awe, as the dark haired boy with the gleaming eyes, turned and walked away. SHIT. Jason thought, I'm late. With that he rushed to the Geometry room, he reached for the door handle, his adrenaline pumping and twisted...hard. The handle came off, causing the students in the room to panic, at the load noise. Mr. Wilkerson, pushed the door, reveling Jason on the other side, holding the broken handle. “Well, Mr. Winters, it is the first day of school, and you have already caused vandalism to school property. DETENTION!” he boomed.

Jason, made his way to lunch, still no sign of Rachael, or Alex. Jason turned the corner of the hallway, connecting the library and the main office, hearing footsteps behind him. He ignored them till they became louder, and picked up speed. He spun around only to be enveloped into the loving arms of his best friend. Alex Hawkins. “DUUUDDE! I missed you so much. How was your summer? Did you meet any guys. Sorry about me having to leave for the summer. I can't believe I allowed myself to go after what had happened with your mom. I am a shitty friend.” Jason deepened the hug, this was the first hug, he had gotten since, the incident with his mother, he need this moment. “Your not a shitty friend, Alex. Your family made you go. Its fine, I promise. So what classes do you have with me? I haven't seen you all day.” Jason asked, his where in the hell have you been today look crossing his face, as he crossed his arms casually.

“Um, I don't know yet.” Alex, said nervously. “ I just got here. Are plane ran late, due to the storms in Colorado, so we just got back. I had them drop me off here. I saw you on my way to the office, to get my schedule, and now here we are.” he said with a cute childish grin. Alex sure knew how to make Jason feel better, it was like a gift, he could calm people down, or stir them up, a natural born consular. Jason chimed in. “Well, you better have my same 2nd and 3rd period classes, I might just die, if I don't have you or Rachael there with me...RACHAEL! Alex, where is Rachael? I haven't seen her today, or at all this summer.” Alex laughed, glancing past Jason. “She is closer than you think, Jazz.” and before, Jason, could intercept what Alex, had meant, two small, feminine hands clasped over his eyes... “Guess who.” The voice behind him beamed, but he didn't need to guess, Jason spun embracing Rachael, with a warm hug, a welcome home hug, a there is so much you need to know hug.

Jason, Alex, and Rachael, made their way to lunch. Chatting about Alex's time in Colorado, or Rachael's experience as a medium, traveling with a team of paranormal investigators, throughout Ohio. Jason, just smiled intent on their stories, yet he knew that if he shared his, somehow he would win the story war.

“So Jason, we got so caught up with our stories, we forgot to ask how your summer was.” Jason chuckled. “You sooo, don't want to know.” The two brushed that off, interpreting it was a summer filled with heartache, but not realizing it wasn't Jason's heart aching. If only he could tell them about the vampires, the demons, Hell even just about Giles, but he didn't want them to know, yet somehow he thought they would know soon enough.

Jason, set in the back during art. He was in Art Four, and wasn't exactly willing to jump back into the clay and paint routine. He soon drifted off to sleep, resting his head on his backpack, he adjusted his position several times, making mental notes. Stakes do not make good pillows. And soon, was sleeping peacefully, until the dream.

He was there in the hallway alone, no, not alone. He was there. The boy he ran into, his eyes shining like morning dew, against his attractively pale skin, his neon black hair only adding to the affect. Jason spoke.

“Who are you? And what do you want?” the boy smirked at Jason. “Your so cute, when you get angry, slayer.” Jason, jumped back. How did this guy know what he was, no he wasn't a WHAT. How did this guy know WHO he was? The dark haired boy spoke again. “Don't be afraid of me, I don't bite.” It clicked. Vampire. “And why is that?” Jason asked. “Because, I want to help you, and my name is Drake.” Jason scoffed. “Well, I would like to say nice to meet you, but your a vampire.” Drake's expression, signaled he was insulted. “I my friend am a vampire, yes, but I am a vampire, with a soul.” Jason went searching though his mental database. He only knew of two vampires with a soul. . . Angel and Spike. So he knew what having a soul meant with vampires. Jason relaxed. “And why do you have a soul?” Jason asked, not actually trying to sound malicious. “Because, I wanted one, before I met...You.” again Jason jumped back, his face showing nothing but confusion to the observing vampire. My sire told me how to get one using magic, and.” Jason cut him off.

“WHO, sired you?” not knowing exactly why he wanted to know. “and why did you want to meet me?”

“His name is Angel, very sweet vampire, he also has a soul, and he is kinda cute too. And like I said I WANT TO HELP YOU.” Drake smirked. “and you said before, “my friend” what the hell does that mean?” Jason asked. Drake again smirked look at Jason with those piercing dew eyes. “Oh, we are friends, Jason. Or at least we will be.” Drake confirmed. And with that the the final bell for the day rang, waking Jason of his dream, he jumped to a start, finding nothing to say but...”Friends?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this might be a long chapter, but i needed to introduce more characters, along with the slayers support system...in time.