Stake It to the Limit

Vampire in the Mist

Jason hung up the phone, he had tried all night, and still no answer. He left messages with Rachael's mother, Janet. She said she didn't know when they would be back, only that they were going 'out'. Jason feared for good. He picked up the phone one last time.
It rang twice, before the sound of a English accent, gave him some relief.

“Giles, Its Jason. I need help. My friends, Alex and Rachael are going to a cemetery and I need to help them. I wouldn't be freaking about it so much if I hadn't found out about what is out there. Can you help me?” Jason breathed, he was scared. It was almost dark, he glanced to the window. His eyes shot wide open. SHIT. He thought. It was dark. Giles' voice rang. “Of course, Jason. What cemetery are they going to....Hello” Giles voice entered the phone, but to know receiver. Jason had laid the phone down, rushing up to his room. He grabbed all the equipment he had. Stake, crossbow, holy water. He was out the door soon. He began walking, then his pace grew, soon he was running. Running to nowhere he had no idea where they were. What cemetery had they went to? He bolted around the corner. The street covered in a dense fog. He could barely see, but he kept running, running straight. Until he hit something, someone, til he hit...Drake.

Jason hit the ground, but was up before Drake was. Drake was laughing. “If I didn't know better Jason, I would think you like running into me.” Jason started running again, he wasn't paying attention, until Drake was at his side. “Drake, I don't have time for this. My friends are in trouble, and I have no idea where they are.” Drake laughed again. “You know. If I was the Slayer, and I had a vampire, WILLING to help me, I would use them if I could.” Jason turned toward Drake. How could he use Drake. Sure strength in a fight, but Jason had that, he could see amazingly well at night, and he could. Jason stopped. “Can you...sniff them out?” Jason asked almost worried that Drake would find him quite idiotic for asking such a thing. “I thought you'd never ask” Drake stopped, lifting his face to the air, sniffing it, then turned toward Jason. “I....need a sample first.” Drake slowly lifted his face down to Jason's shoulder, he sniffed, but he had grabbed Jason bringing his shoulder closer. Jason flinched, though the liked Drake being that close to him. Jason laughed. “If I didn't know any better, I would say you enjoy smelling me.” Drake smiled. “Maybe I do.” and with that Drake bolted, running down the long alleyways at speeds only a slayer could have kept up with. Neither spoke, they wanted to get to them. They made their way to the corner of town. Jason saw the big, rustic gates of the graveyard, he glanced at Drake. Drake hissed. “You better hurry. I smell vampires.”

Jason kicked the gate opening it, entering the large graveyard. He now didn't know where they were inside. He saw a faint glow. He assumed it was candles. He ran. Drake stayed back. Jason continued to run, he was almost there, he saw the glow become brighter, closer, more visible. He saw two silhouettes, he ran faster, then he saw four.

He could see Alex, and Rachael. She was knelt down, on the ground preforming the ritual. He pushed all of his energy into his running, he was there, they two humans looking at him, and the vampires that only he could see. Hissing.

Alex stared at him wide eyed, while Rachael proceeded to cuss him out for interrupting the ritual. Finally the vampires entered the clearing to where all could see, there were more then two. They were wearing there human masks, there features were normal, but Jason, could feel them. Giles had told him that the slayer should be able to sense when a vampire is present. He knew that the five in front of him were all vampires. Rachael, stood, eying the strangers, Alex spun around, he began to intimidate them...it wasn't working.

“Hey, what in the hell are you freaks doing here?” the one closest to him hissed. “ We are here to eat, why are you here?” The vampire asked. Jason stood clinched. His hand drawn into a fist. “ We are doing something.” Alex retorted. The vampire spoke again. “You misunderstood me. We are here to eat...You.”

The vampire lunched, but Jason intercepted it. He was on the ground with the vampire, Rachael screamed, Alex was fighting one of them off of her, Jason cursed. He punched the one on the ground, before staking it in the heart. He stood up, he went to turn, but he was hit. One of them had tackled him from behind. Alex was now screaming. He didn't know what to do. He hadn't know vampires existed, and Jason was failing him. Jason kicked, knocking the vampire off of his back. He brought his foot to the face of the vampire holding it in place, bringing the stake to his heart. He looked just in time to see one of the female vampires sink her teeth into Alex, Jason leaped into the air, pouncing ontop of the female, she hissed in protest as she feel to the ground. He brought the stake to her heart as well. Jason turned to the vampire that was nearest Rachael, she was punching at her but the blows weren't connecting. Jason looked at her with disbelief, she was holding this vampire off, with nothing, no not nothing. She was using Magic . Jason turned back to Alex, the last of the vampires was closing in on him. He couldn't get there fast enough, he watched in horror as the vampire grew closer, until it suddenly burst into dust, reveling Drake behind him, holding a stake. “Once again, I said I was going to help.” Drake smirked. He looked at the vampire that was fighting with Rachael. The vampire turned to see Drake and hissed. “You betray your own kind.” Rachael spoke something. “Solaris” she touched the vampire, the vampire began screaming in agony before erupting into flames.

Rachael looked at Jason. “I think we all have some explaining to do”
Alex stood, rubbing his neck with the bite wounds, “I agree”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if its long. Hope you Like it.