Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Fourteen

Waverly Braxton

“Now, children,” Said Mr. Banner, trying to calm the class down, he had just to us about an opportunity to travel to Europe with the twelve grade French Class.

“Now, they only have three or so seats left, you will need to get your permission slips in as soon as possible.” He finished, sighing as he gave up trying to quiet the class.

“Mr. Banner?” I asked, raisin my hand and telling the class to shut their gobs. “A permission slip sighed by . . . a parent?”

“That's usually what that implies, yes.” He rolled his eyes, looking around at the silent class, he wondered how I got them so quite.

“What if I don't live with my parents.” I said, thinking that they must have some way to deal with the kids in the system.

“Ah yes, counselling told me about your situation, you still must get it signed by a parent.”

I groaned knowing that it was not going to over very well. My mother came home a couple days ago and the greeting and surprise wasn't quite what was expected.

She walked through the door over her house, it was good to be home, even thought her and her daughter would be moving out of this place and in with the Swan's.

She placed her bag on the floor and called out,

“Waverly?” There was no answer, there was almost an echo as she called out again, “Waverly?”

She was starting to get worried now, she walked briskly to her daughters room. When she entered her horrified face fell into one of confusion. All of her daughters things were gone, dresser, closets were emptied, pictures and posters torn off the wall.

The room felt cold, not lived in. She pulled out her cell phone, calling her daughter's cell phone. At first she had to redial the number because her daughter's had slipped her mind.

It rang, and rang, and rang.

“Hello?” Said a voice.

She breathed a sign of relief.

“Wave, I was so worried! Where are you, where are all of your things?” She asked, bombarding her daughter with questions.

“Mom,” She said, kindly, but in a voice that had the underlying tone of 'you may want to sit down for this'

“I've moved out.”

She was silent. Her daughter had moved out? No, she couldn't afford a place, where had she moved too?

“Where, who gave you the money?” She asked, much more sharply than she had all of her other questions.

“Michelle offered me to stay with her.” Said her daughter, “I live there with her and Beatrice.”

“How can you afford it?”

“Her parents give her monthly cheques. Big ones.” Said her daughter, trying to make light of a heavy situation.

“Do you hate me so much?” She questioned, sitting down on her daughter's barren bed.

“No mom, you have your own life now, it's just starting for you and it's just starting for me.” Said her daughter.

“How could you do this to me?” She shouted into the receiver. “Stop acting selfish and come home, now!”

“Sorry mom, this is my home now.” Said her daughter.

She heard a 'click' on the other line, her daughter had hung up.


“Well,” I said, coming out of my trance, “This isn't going to be easy.”

Class let out, and I met up with Michelle and Embry. They were locked in a heated conversation, I figured that I was given my powers for a reason and since there haven't been any attacks, I needed to make sure they worked.

I strained my ears, using the enhanced hearing, I caught parts of their conversation. Embry was mad because they had sex and she didn't want to be in a relationship.

I walked up, smiling easing the tension.

“When did you get here?” I asked, eyeing Embry.

“Yes, Jacob is here too.” He sighed, pointing to where Jacob was standing watching me and smiling.

I bounded over, kissing him on the lips.

“Hey girlfriend!” He said laughing, I frowned.

“Jake, we talked about this.” I said, pouting.

“I know but we kiss, we don't see anyone else, I think that means were dating.” He said, intertwining our fingers, and raising my hand to kiss the back of it.

“Just humor me?” I asked smiling.

He pushed my face to his kissed me roughly, his hands brushed my stomach and my backside. This time I was being rough and pushed him into the back seat of my car.

He chuckled as I laid on top of him.

“What's so funny?” I asked, running a hand up and down his body, smirking when his breath caught in his throat.

“Nothing, it just seems like everything is finally working out.” He said, flipping us over with the agility of a cat, or . . . dog? “So, that means shit is going to hit the fan pretty soon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wowowowowo!
Check out my new story 'Lost in Tranquility, subscribe and comment. Also, I'm about to put up a new chapter of 'Cold as Ice'.
Check them out!
Whit.