Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Fifteen

Waverly Braxton

“Mom, please. I really just want to get away for a while.” I pleaded with my mother who was busy packing her bags. She was too move into Charlie's house today.

“You've gotten away plenty!” She argued, “You live with Michelle now, your away all the time!”

“Mom, come on. You know I've wanted to go to Europe, ever since I found out it existed!” I said back, hoping that I might be able to change her mind.

“No, you can't.” She said finally, then her eyes held a new revelation. “I will let you go, under one condition.”

“What?” I asked, a little too eager than I would have liked to have seemed.

“You move in with Bella, Charlie and I.” She said plainly, closing her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest.

“No. I can't do that. I have more of a home with Michelle and Beatrice than I ever had here with you. When we lived back in Florida, you and I were an actual family. Now that you met Charlie, you have a new life. Now I'm starting mine.” I said, explaining in a simple sentence a year of built up tension.

“My terms stay solid.” She said, my speech having no effect on her.

“Then, my previous statement stands.” I said, just as stubborn as she was, apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. “I'm not moving back.”

“Then your not going to Europe.” She said, continuing to pack.

“You always said we should go back packing in Europe, and I'm doing that,” I paused, “Minus the Backpacks and you.”

“Well since your minus a permission slip, looks like Europe is minus you.” She said coldly. I love my mother, she birthed me – shoving a watermelon sized mammal out of your downstairs area take bravery - and put up with the terrible twos, but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had to pull out the big guns.

“Well mom. I don't suppose you would like to be minus one daughter,” She looked at me, “Legally, that is.”

My clarification must have spooked her because she stopped what she was doing and raised a questioning eyebrow.

“I hate too go all 'Matrix' on you but, I'm going to give you a choice. You can sign permission slip or you can sign my emancipation documents.” I was going all out for this one. The hurt look on her face almost drive me to the point of retracting what I had said and making her some hot chocolate.

I left my mothers house with a bittersweet smile on my face. I got my slip signed and I was going to Europe, but I was legally and officially minus a mother. She was no longer responsible for me.

I sped off to the reservation, relishing in the feeling of running, not caring about what I had just done or what I would do in the future. I was free when I was running.

Then I stopped, I saw the familiar modest house that my 'non-boyfriend' lived in.

I took my time walking up the pathway, but Jake had other idea's because he ran out of the house, nearly smashing the door off of it's hinges in the process. A smile graced his chiselled face as he threw me over his shoulder.

I pretended to fight back, if I actually did fight back I would have easily had him pinned down to the floor.

Through all of the motion and the fact I was upside down was also a contributing factor, I started to feels dizzy. Jake set me on the floor and I realized I was in his room and he was holding up DVD's which I still couldn't see because of the head rush.

“You told me these were your favorite movies.” He said, sitting me down on the bed. My eyes lit up. He was actually going to sit through this with me?

“Chronicles of Riddick?” I asked, just to make sure I wasn't getting all excited for nothing.

“Yep.”

The worst part about watching a movie with Jacob was that I could even focus on all of Vin Disel's steaming hot glory.

I kept looking at him and wondering what we were. Then I slapped myself mentally for acting like such a girl.

But it was true, we never really established what we were, were we friends, friends with benefits – like I thought we were – or were we together?

We had basically told each other that we loved one another, which I did, undoubtedly but now I was leaving for a three month trip to Europe. I being the persistent one went right to my teachers house and gave it too him about half an hour ago. I was guaranteed a spot.

“Love you, Braxton.” He said suddenly, holding my hand in his. The heat was almost bearable compared to my heart, which was thudding sporadically.

I was silent, and I think he understood that I was content with not saying it, he already knew I loved him so I didn't need to say it for another three years. He merely smiled and gripped my hand tighter.

“Jake, I have something to tell you. I'm not sure if your going to want to run me through th blender, but none the less, here goes.” I took a deep breath, “ I'm leav-”

The door burst open and I was on my feet, creating an energy ball in my hand. I crushed it when I saw that it was Seth at the door.

“We have a problem.” He said.