Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Seventeen

Waverly Braxton

“I would like to remind you that no one should be smoking, unless you are on fire.” The voice of the flight attendant sounded. Everyone laughed accept for the two girls with frowns near the back.

The plane ride was boring, it consisted mostly of Michelle cooing at Beatrice, and Beatrice sleeping. Being on Delta airlines made me remember my trip to Esme Island with Jake, it was where I discovered that I had powers.

I didn't want to think about Jake, it was too hard. If Carlisle hadn't taken our cellphones I probably would have called him already.

I was plugged into my iPod, not interested in dealing with all the questions that Michelle would throw at me, not realizing that I didn't have the answers either.

I reclined my seat back and rested my head, maybe if I fell into unconsciousness I would wake up from this nightmare that just happened to be my life.

Unfortunately the five year old demon of a little girl who was sitting behind me kept kicking my chair.

Tump, thump, thump

“Can you stop?” I shouted, glaring at the child behind me, “I have no idea what I'm doing or where I'm going, I have no luggage, no money, no family that knows where I am, and I really could think it could get any worse until I get the devil's spawn occupying the seat behind me!”

“Waverly . . .” Whispered Michelle in warning.

Drawing attention to ourselves at this point in the game doesn't seem like a very well thought out plan. She thought/

The little girl started to wail, crying to her mother.

“Oh, shut it.” I spat at the girl, her mother gave me a dirty look and went off in search for two other available seats away from me.

“Look, Wave.” Started Michelle, rocking Beatrice in her lap. “I know your upset, I am too. You miss Jake and I miss Embry. Your scared, I'm scared.”

“You point?” I asked impatiently, a tone I had never used with her before.

“We are both in this together, so stop acting like your the only one affected.” She said, getting frustrated and fed up with me. To be honest I was getting fed up with myself.

“Whatever.” I said, avoiding eye contact.

“If you would all please put away any electronic devices, Ipod, Blackberry, blueberries, and raspberries.” Once again everyone laughed, excluding Waverly. Michelle at least attempted a laugh.

Michelle Sterling

Waverly was taking it hard, whether her anger was based on having to leave Jacob or having to leave her life behind, she was upset, and not afraid to show it.

Sure, I missed Embry, so much it actually physically hurt. I had actually pulled that card with Dr. Cullen, because I remembered Wave telling me that if she was away from Jake for too long she would die.

Well, unfortunately Dr. Cullen had an answer for that one too. As long as she brought something of Jake's along for the trip, she would be fine for a minimum of a year.

I knew I would never get over Embry but I was sixteen with a child, I knew how to handle myself and I never put me first. It's always about Bee. I could try to move on, I was trooper.

Waverly however, never had a boyfriend as serious as Jake, leaving makes it all the harder when you've imprinted.

Waverly also left her mom and step dad behind. I had done that years ago.

I pulled my bright green luggage off of the conveyor belt and walked over to where Waverly was sitting morosely on a bench waiting for our driver.

I joined her and we sat wordlessly, it was so awkward that when the limo pulled up I jumped up and sprinted over to in, hoping in agilely to the car.

She walked over, shoulder slumped and earphone in.

It started to rain as the driver pulled out of the airport almost like the movies. It pounded down on the roof top. Waverly had curled up in a little ball, her knee's up to her chest as silent sobs wracked her body.

I let a few tears escape before hurriedly wiping them away. Now was the time to be strong, not only did she need to be a rock for herself and Beatrice, now she needed to be one for Waverly too.

“Nice diggs.” I said, trying to lighten the mood, looking around at our new London flat.

“It's nice. I'm going to my room.” She said, being short with me and disappearing behind the first bedroom door.

I tucked Bee in to her new purple bedroom, she was sad that we had to leave, she was starting to like Embry. She almost saw him as a father figure. She started to cry.

“Hey, Bumble Bee, don't cry.” I said, pulling the blanket around her closely. “Just think of this as another adventure.”

She nodded off and I went to my room, hoping into bed tucking myself in much like I did with Bee.

This definitely was a new adventure, tomorrow we enrol in school and Beatrice goes to her new nursery.

I could help but think, how long before Darien finds us here, and we have to uproot our lives once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOWOW! The first day of school and I'm already so bored, I updated from class!!!