Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter TwentyEight

Waverly Braxton

Don't try to deny it anymore.

“They'll come back for me.” I pleaded, sounding more like I was convincing myself more than I was convincing the voice.

That his what I had been calling him, the voice. I had no idea what it was or where it was coming from. But I was now beyond the point of reason, I was nearing the edge of insane.

It was dark, I had no idea how long I had been there and I didn't have enough energy to open my eyes for more than a couple seconds.

This is what you believe, what you think.

“I know that they left me but they'll come back.” I said, my will to believe was weakening and I was beginning to feel like that voice was right about everything.

Michelle and Beatrice only felt sorry for you

“They only felt sorry for me.” I repeated, sobbing, and curling up into a ball to keep warm.

[size-150]Jacob Black

“Look!” I shouted, “She's moving!”

Carlisle looked towards Waverly who had curled herself into a ball and was shaking. He put a comforting hand on my shoulder and turned his attention back to Michelle who was tell him everything that she saw.

“Darien was attacking her, we had found the boys and she was pretty worried about their safety, I could feel it through our connection, her arm was broken and she was distracted by her pain. So when Darien flew at her neck she didn't really have time to react.” She said, with a shaky breath.

“Then what happened.”

“He sort of, flew into her. Like, flew into her body.” She said, full on crying now, it was very hard to understand what she was saying. Embry pulled her into a hug and I looked away.

Waverly's face was innocent. She was at peace, and that made me worry, although Carlisle said she wasn't dead, she sure looked like it. I just wanted to get away. To leave and sort out my own feelings. It was tempting but I didn't want Waverly to wake up and think I left her for good.

“Oh, no.” Said Carlisle, starting to pace around the room.

“What do you mean, oh no?” I asked, getting to my feet. We were still in the Volturri castle. Edward and Bella were in the room next to ours, Alice and Jasper were staying on our other side and Rosalie and Emmett were across from us. Carlisle and Esme were staying in the more luxurious rooms by the Volturri themselves.

Embry and I were sleeping on the floor of Waverly and Michelle's room and Beatrice slept with Michelle.

“I mean, I've seen this happen, only twice in my lifetime.” He said gravely.

“Care to share?” I sneered, aggravated beyond belief at this point.

“He has tapped into her mind. Taken it over.”

“Well then why is she asleep?” I asked, sitting back down and taking Wave's small hand in mine.

“He is praying on her insecurities, he's trying to destroy her from inside her.” He exclaimed, flipping through a book that he had gotten from the library earlier that day.

“So right now he is in her head terrorizing her, and she can't fight back?”

“I'm afraid so.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Two updates in two days! I feel proud. I'm working on a new Damon Salvatore story, but it probably won't be posted for a while.

DAMN PLOT BUNNIES KEEP MULTIPLYING!

: D