Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Three

Waverly Braxton

My heart started to pound, I thought that it might be very probable that it could break right through my ribs. Edward had obviously been reading my thoughts because then he said,

“I don't think that's even possible.”

“Hey smart ass,” I said, smirking, “Imprinting does funny things.”

“True that, sista!” Said Michelle, shaking her head. She was fidgeting with the hem of her dress, or lack there of.

Sam came through first, hand in hand with Emily. Emily looked gorgeous in a classy red dress. The scars on the side of her face were actually fading quite a bit.

Jacob came in next, standing next to a red headed girl. I resisted the urge to actually throw up when I saw them holding hands. Suddenly the connection between Michelle and I opened and Michelle's voice filled my head.

Who is that ginger slut? She said, looking distastefully at the girl. I laughed, Michelle never really edited what she was saying.

I realized that I had to keep calm, I really didn't want Jacob to know that I was jealous, or that I even cared. Although, his eyes never left mine even as he escorted his date to the refreshment table.

I thought this stupid imprint thing was supposed to be forever, not 'until something better comes along' I was screaming in my head, screaming for someone, or something to let me be free of Jacob.

Edward came and stood next to me.

“Could we possibly keep the shouting to a minimum, it's hard to concentrate on your mother and Charlie's union.” He said in the most polite voice. So polite in fact, that it bothered me to no end.

“Can do, Eddy.” I smirked, knowing that nickname pissed him off as much as his mere presence did me.

I felt a surge of panic through the connection, Michelle was freaking out. I figured out why just then, Embry had arrived. By now all attention was focussed on Michelle, which may be why Rosalie left. Embry's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets and I swear every male's breathing in the room quickened. I guess Paul thought something inappropriate or something, but Embry growled and pounced on him.

His form was shivering as he pounded his fists into Paul's face. Michelle was whimpering and through the connection I felt her fear. Apparently, Sam decided now was a good time to intervene.

“Stop!” His voice was laced with demand and authority.

Embry looked like he wanted to keep wailing on Paul but it was as if there were strings holding him back. Michelle and Embry locked eyes, the connection opened and Michelle shaky voice was hear.

This was definitely not what I had in mind, she thought.

I suppose not. I countered. Embry's convulsions seemed to slow, and that's when he jumped to Michelle.

I was about to produce a telekinetic shield inform of her, seeing as her thoughts were so scrambled I doubted that she would have been able to produce a coherent sentence. But Embry wasn't going to hurt Michelle, he was throwing his body in front of hers so that no one could see her attire. Then, he tossed her in to the air, shifted into a grey wolf, and caught her on his back, he took off, out the door.

“Well,” I said, after a momentary silence, “An eventful start to what I'm sure will be the wedding from hell.”

Emmett barked a laugh and Alice joined in, Edward soon after.

Michelle Sterling

Embry dropped me on the ground, not lightly either. When I felt that I had the courage to open my eyes, I turned to see Embry. Without clothing, I smirked not embarrassed in the least. Hey, I have a kid, I know what a penis looks like.

“What the hell was that?” He roared, the ground shook and I imagined all the little bunnies and animals scurrying at the sound.

“What ever do you mean?” I smiled innocently. I knew pissing off a werewolf wasn't really in my best intentions but it was just so god damned fun!

“Don't pull that!” He let off a string of swear words, some that even I was appalled by.

“Embry Call.” I scolded, “Don't you dare use those words with me! I should clock you one!”

I made a fist with my hands, and then I sent an mass air wave over to smack him. He rubbed his face and narrowed his eyes.

“You are wearing that dress because you knew it would piss me off, aren't you?” He said, accusingly. When I didn't answer, the corners of his mouth turned up, but then they turned down again.

“You have no idea what the pack was thinking! How disgusting their thoughts were, what they wanted to do to you!” He yelled, shivers running up and down his spine. I stood up and walked over to him, making sure that my hips were swaying an appropriate amount.

When I was within torso to torso touching distance, he looked down to me and stiffened. My hands were travelling up his sides, running over his nipples and his abs. I pushed my body flush up against his, he gasped and when I felt something pressing into my upper thigh, I remembered that he wasn't wearing any clothes.

When I felt his warm hands lightly gliding up my stomach and cup under my breasts, I smirked and pulled away.

He drew in a breath and looked at me, right in my eyes. The intimacy that he was showing through his eyes was so much more breathtaking then that intimacy we were just displaying. I gasped and he smirked.

“That was imprinting.” He said, referring to the shock I felt when he looked into my eyes.

“No,” I denied, terrified that he could see through my bluff, “That was hormones.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOOWWWW! New chapter, check out the first chapter of new story that I have out called, 'Colder Than Ice.'
Tell me what you think.