Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Five

Waverly Braxton

Michelle and I, along with Beatrice went to see Carlisle the morning after my mother's wedding. WE figure that if Carlisle saw Beatrice's cute angel face, he wouldn't feel the need to yell at us for disobeying direct orders.

Luckily for us, he didn't get mad. He was interested in what we could do actually. We told him about the mountain disappearing, and he dismissed us after telling us that he would call Michelle's cellphone when he gathered enough information.

Now we were all at first beach, Michelle, Bee and, I. I was splashing with Beatrice in the water and Michelle was taking photograph's. Michelle was getting stressed because school was becoming more of a work load along with balancing a child. Not that money was a problem, Michelle could afford a babysitter because of her parents monthly cheques.

“Wave!” Shouted Beatrice, “watch me! Watch me!”

“I'm watching!” I shouted back, laughing as she tried to jump over a wave and ended up falling over.

I picked her up and straightened her out. She giggled and splashed me, my bikini top untied a little so I picked up Beatrice and walked her over to her mom. I was reaching behind me to tighten my top when a pair of warm hands removed my own and tied a knot.

“Thanks.” I grumbled to Jacob, who was smirking triumphantly.

“No problem.” He said, still smirking. “So have you heard from your mom?”

“No.”

“It's a really nice day today, huh?” He asked, I looked around at the clear blue skies, hot sun beating down on the sun bathers. Beautiful.

“No.”

“I like your bathing suit.”

“No.”

“Oh, come on!” He shouted, “Just talk to me. I'm dying here!”

I ignored him and walked over to Michelle, who was bouncing Bee on her knee.

“Michelle, I'm going to go back home. Don't wait up tonight okay?”

“Sure.” She smiled, sharing a look with Jacob and then smirking at me with her 'I know something you don't know' look.

I took off running through the forest after making sure I was in the clear to start running as fast as I could. I arrived to my mom's house in record time. I stomped up to my room, upset that Jacob has such a hold over my emotions. It's like he could change my mood with a simple flick of a switch.

It wasn't long until Jacob walked into my room, seemly unaware of how uninvited he was.

“Um, excuse me?” I asked, eyeing him up and down. He was still in his swim trunks, while I had thrown on a cover up.

“Yeah?” He asked, looking at me expectantly.

“What the hell do you think your doing?” I asked, my voice raising in annoyance, as he surveyed my room.

“I think the better question is what the hell are you doing.” He said, he eyes flashing dangerously.

“What?” I stuttered, confused as to why he was acting so bipolar.

“The boxes.” He said pointing to the majority of my stuff that was packed in boxes. “Are you moving?”

He looked scared and angry, Jacob was upset that I wasn't telling him what was going on and he was angry that I might be leaving.

“Well,” I started, letting a smirk grace my face at his caringness, “My mom and I were supposed to move in with Bella when they get back from the honeymoon in a month.”

He nodded, a confused look still on his face.

“I'm planning to move in with Michelle and Beatrice. Before my mom gets back.” I said, throwing a couple of books into the correct box.

“Why didn't you tell me?” He asked, walking over and sitting in my computer chair and opening my Twitter account. I hated how he just thought everything was his business.

“We aren't together anymore Jake.” I reminded him, with a frown on my face, “I don't have to tell you things and you don't have to tell me things.”

“Waverly!” He yelled, trying to make me see reason, “I love you, you love me. We should be together.”

My heart skipped a beat, actually, for like seven thousand beats. I think I may have even broke a sweat.

“You have Eileen, and I have-” I stopped, “I have my destiny.”

“I don't have Eileen, Waverly! Are you really that thick? I only brought her to get your attention, and what do you mean, 'your destiny'?” He said, rolling his eyes.

“I think I'm meant for something more.” I said honestly, “Jake, can I tell you something?”

“Anything.” He said, passionately. Getting off my computer chair and sitting next to me on my bed.

“I can sense that Darien is getting stronger.” I shivered and Jacob growled, a menacing sound, one that had me cowering.

“He's coming back and I think I'm meant to stop him.” I paused, “At all costs.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all of the supportive comments and such, I was really thinking about deleting my story but thanks to all you I have new found faith in all of my readers especially to ThePerfectAutumn! : )
Keep commenting and check out the first chapter of my new Draco Malfoy story.