Status: Complete

Tangles of My Heart

Chapter Seven

Waverly Braxton

It was lunch and Michelle was out at the front door waiting for Beatrice's nanny to drop her off for the hour the school board had designated us so we could stuff our faces.

I was still in Mr. Omano's class, he had held me back, telling me that he needed to talk to me. I was waiting patiently for the students to file out of the classroom.

When they were all gone, Mr. Omano turned to face me and walked slowly over to my desk. I looked up at him and he looked down at me, but grabbed my notebook. He flipped to the drawing of Jacob in his little 'predicament'.

“That's quite an imagination you have there.” He said, his voice sounding like smooth velvet caressing my cheek. “What is it?”

So, I thought, he's trying to play dumb.

“A werewolf, phasing.” I stated, then I started to laugh, “Getting stuck half way!”

“Surely you don't believe in such things?” He said, staring me in the eye, unwavering. I returned the stare.

“Surely I do.” I said, “Don't you?”

He was playing really dumb, he should sense that I am not all human, shouldn't he?

“I most definitely do.” He smiled wide, and I marvelled at how he could make me almost swoon. “You are dismissed.”

He said that before I could reply, I gathered my things including my notebook, but Mr. Omano stopped me by putting his ice cold hand over mine.

“Do you mind if I keep that?” He asked, his hand gesturing to the picture I had drawn.

“My pleasure.” I smiled, striding gracefully out of the room, hoping that his gaze followed me out. When I walked out of the portable, a swam of girls surrounded me, shouting out questions like,

“Did he kiss you?”

“Did he bend over?”

“Did he let you touch him?”

“Is he married?”

“Did he take his shirt off?”

I pushed my way through the crowd, shouting profanities and wanting people the just move. When I clawed my way out, I found Michelle and Bee playing catch in the front field with a football Michelle had asked the school's Quarterback for. As we tossed the ball back and forward as I told her about the new vampire in town and my suspicions about him.

“Sounds like some sexual tension.” She laughed, lowering her voice at the word 'sexual' so Beatrice wouldn't hear her.

“Speaking of, looks who's here.” I said, pointing to a beat up Rabbit pulling into the school parking lot.

“Jacob and Embry.” She whispered, no one knew about Beatrice being Michelle's daughter except for me and the Cullen's. Jacob had seen her once at the beach but Michelle just said that she needed some extra money and was babysitting.

She could lie blatantly to Jacob, but not too Embry, she shared a deep bond with him, lying was almost unbearable.

“We can get her out of here now, if you want.” I said, watching her closely.

“No, I think it's time he found out.” She said, her hands shaking and her voice cracking. I got up and met Embry and Jacob as they approached us. They both smiled at me I kept walking towards them and grabbed Jacob's arm, dragging him back to the school with me, leaving Embry and Michelle to talk.

“W-what are we doing?” He asked, twisting around to face me. “I must say, your sexy when you take charge.”

I rolled my eyes and tugged on his arm harder.

“Letting them talk, Beatrice is her daughter.” I said, slowing down my pace. Jacob's face betrayed his shocked emotions.

“Unexpected.”

“Your telling me. I found out after we were attacked by Darien.” I said, we were at Jake's car now, I climbed on the hood and laid down. It wasn't the greatest weather, but is wasn't raining.

“So,” I stated conversationally, “Where's Eileen?”

“I don't care.” He said, staring me down. “I never did.”

“Good to know.” I smiled and looked at him slyly, “So, uh, you think you could set me up with Paul?”

I laughed and he knew it was a joke, so he jumped up and chased me as at a human pace. He caught me before I could even jump up off the hood of the car. He started to tickle me as I screamed.

We were both blissfully unaware of a pair of eyes watching us, particularly me.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOOWOOWOWOWOWOOWOW! I must say some characters in the story are starting to annoy me, is it that way with you guys? Tell me so I can do a personality make over.
Thanks!