Status: On hold

Viper Returns to Hogwarts

Diagon Alley and an Escort

Our hearts jumped as we turned around, but we instantly calmed down. “Good evening Mr. Malfoy!” We smiled and he simply raised a brow.

“And I repeat: what do you three think you’re doing here?” He said sternly again.

“Shopping,” Carmen simply grinned and Lucious rolled his eyes. “And yes, we are aware we should be getting into trouble but we’re just shopping!” Tiffany said and Lucious held up his staff, pointing it as us.

“Now, which one of you is dating Draco?” I gulped and tenderly raised my hand. His eyes scanned me – it was like he was looking into my soul! – and nodded.

“Michella Albatrosse – Viper I should say – the Dark Lord has spoken of you as a promising young witch, as well as your friends.” He motioned to Tiffany and Carmen. “But, if you are caught on your careless journey to Diagon Alley today, you will most likely be exposed and that wouldn’t be,” He paused and I thought it was purely for dramatic effect, “good. So, since I have time on my hands, I will be your escort.” He held his head up and I gulped.

Spending the day with my boyfriend’s dad…not something I really had in mind. “Viper! HELLO! Gringotts, now!” Carmen dragged me along as – for once – I wasn’t really up to this anymore. Draco’s dad seriously scared me.

At Gringotts, one of the unfriendly goblins argued with Tiffany on a matter I wasn’t paying attention to. Even the unfriendly goblins around us slightly – very slightly – chuckled at Tiffany’s witty responses making our goblin guide fluster in rage.

“Here we are, Miss Ross.” The goblin spat, obviously done with Tiffany. Taking out some money and a small wrapped box, we were gone.

“So what’s in the package?” Tiffany asked aloud for – probably – the hundredth time. “I’m not telling!” Carmen stuck her nose up, keeping the box hidden. We headed into Magical Menagerie which is where Carmen got her color-changing bunny, Hammy. The bunny needed a special food to keep its coat nice when it changed that was only sold there.

One of the workers scurried over to her. “Miss Ross! So nice to see you again!” She smiled. Carmen beamed back. “Nice to see you too. Now, where’s the appropriate food for Hammy?” I assumed that this witch helped Carmen pick out the bunny.

That was finally done and Lucious finally made his presence more pronounced. A shame too, as I had forgotten about him. “So, Viper, I heard you will be training Draco for the Dark Lord.” I shivered and bit my lip before I answered.

“Yes, the Dark Lord has trusted me in preparing them. And I do intend to prepare them well.” I replied calmly, hoping he would get off my back. When your boyfriend’s father is talking to you about his welfare in back of your friends who barely noticed your absence, it wasn’t the best feeling.

“Very well,” He suddenly grabbed my forearm, right where my Dark Mark was hidden, “be sure to keep that promise. If not, I have no qualms with ruining yet another of Draco’s girlfriends.” He let my arm go and continued on. My face contorted in slight pain as my Dark Mark burned, as well as where he gripped me. Oh man was he strong.

Before they noticed I was lagging behind, I jogged up right next to Tiffany. “So why do we need to go to Twilfitt and Tatting's anyway?” I asked and Carmen scoffed. “Did you even SEE my robes?! They’re a mess. I need something new, fresh, and clean-” “Oh yes, we forgot about your inability to wash your own damn clothes. And the first year stuck with doing all our laundry doesn’t like to do robes because he mixes them up. We’re sorry you don’t realize there are MORE first years-” “able to fall under imperius.” I cut off in a whisper, leaning towards them both.

Carmen rolled her eyes. “I don’t trust him with my robes because – unlike my normal clothes – he doesn’t treat them special.He treats my robes like they’re everyone else’s, not mine!”

“You’re ridiculous, you know that?” Tiffany sighed, rubbing her temples. Carmen grinned innocently, “Why yes, yes I do!” Very aware of Lucious still breathing down my neck, I followed them into Twilfitt and Tatting's.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've updated! Woo!
I'm hoping to update once more before my vacation, but I'm unsure if I will or not...
Anyway. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! (: