Status: On hold

Viper Returns to Hogwarts

..A Dance?

Still distracted, I sat down in my next and last class – Potions. “Better pay attention. Snape’ll eat ya alive.” Jet ruffled my hair as he walked by, sitting in the empty chair beside me.

“Yeah, yeah” I mumbled, rubbing my head. I didn’t know why I kept thinking about my parents. “Albatrosse!” Snape slammed a book against my desk, making me jump. “Pay attention” He said simply, turning back around and continuing to lecture the class.

“You seem distracted.” A high-pitched squeal came from behind me. Jet’s brow creased, seemingly disturbed from it. I giggled at it, but turned around. I frowned – it was a Gryffindor. Perfectly curled blonde locks, bright blue eyes, and a crisp and clean robe.

“Err sure. What of it?” A creepy smile from her made me want Potions to end even more. “I saw you talking to my uncle earlier.” My blood went cold. Her uncle?

“Who’s your uncle and why would I talk to him?” I raised an eyebrow, extremely curious. “Professor Johnson.” She smiled happily. I put on my best scowl. “First off, he came to talk to me. And it was about cars.”

“Ew, he was trying to make small talk?” She snorted. I shook my head disgustingly. “No, no, thank god. I’m a mechanic.” I replied. “Oh. Well okay. I’m Bailey by the way. Bailey Johnson.” She smiled, holding out her hand. I shook it warily…she was weird.

“Real name Michella Albatrosse, but I’m known across the school as Viper.” I gave her a small, fake, smile. Bailey suddenly jerked her hand back. “So you’re The Viper? Great.” She snorted, turning her head away and talking to her friends.

“Pay attention Miss Johnson.” Snape snarled, hitting her in the back of the head. I turned my around quickly, looking down at my book.

Thankfully, it wasn’t long before classes ended. Walking to the dorms, I felt Carmen’s arms wrap around me in a hug. “Err, hi?” I turned around to see her…a huge grin on her face. It scared me a little.

“GUESS WHO’S GOING TO THE DANCE WITH JAMES?!” She screamed in my ear. “Is iiit me?” I asked sarcastically. She lightly tapped my cheek. “Nooo but I bet you wish. I’m going with him thank you very much.” She said matter-of-factly.

As she was standing there grinning, something occurred to me… “Woah, there’s a DANCE?” I hissed. Damn, I always hated these things. Especially since they were almost always mandatory.

Carmen tilted her head to the side. “Well yeah. The big Valentine’s Day Dance. I guess people wanted this more than the New Year’s Day Dance.” I scrunched my nose. “Why the hell would they do that?”

“Because love is special!” She retorted. “Ha, yeah, okay.” I snorted, not able to help myself from laughing. “So who are you going with?” I froze. “Err, I dunno.” I shrugged, thinking of two people… But no doubt Cedric would go with Cho, if they are even still dating. And Draco has his little Pansy…so where did that leave me? “Meh, I still have time.”

“Not before all the good ones are gone!” She practically sang. I just pushed her aside – I was tired and I had homework that needed to be done by someone other than me.

After giving it to the Slytherin geek, who almost everyone gave their homework to and would pay him back after receiving it, I changed back into my clothes and sat down in the common room blasting one of my favorite songs, “Twisted Transistor” by KoRn, on my iPod. I loved tapping my hands and feet to the hypnotic beat- A high-pitched round of squeals pierced my ears and I yanked out my ear buds.

“What the fuck?!” I hissed, turning around to come face-to-face with one Cedric Digory. Ah, no wonder the girls were squealing. I had thought there was a loose rat running around for a moment.

“Hey Viper, can I talk to you outside for a sec? As I’m not even supposed to be in here.” I smiled lightly. “Sure” I shoved my iPod in my pocket and lead the way, smirking at the seething girls standing out of the way. Once outside, I turned back around.

“So what’s up?” Behind his façade, I could see how he was trying to compose himself. “Can I ask you two questions?” I rested my hand on his arm to calm him down. “Yeah, sure” I looked up into his eyes…seemingly making him even more nervous.

“Do you already have a date to the dance?” I almost removed my hand. So…this is what it was about. I shook my head and cut him off. “No, I don’t. And I don’t really plan on going anyway…but if I decide on going, I’ll let you know.” I smiled. Sure I had no problem breaking hearts…just not when they were close friends.

“Oh, alright. Can you just let me know sometime soon?” He asked with a slightly heartbroken tone. It made me wince. But I nodded anyway and, without saying a word, walked back into the Slytherin dorms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cedric or Draco? Hmm...