Break This Awkward Silence

Can we still reclaim our innocence

It was late when Brian and Alex arrived at their hotel in San Francisco. With a sigh she unpacked her outfit for the funeral and laid it out on the chair beside the window in their room. A fitted black sweater, knee-length black skirt and black patent heels.

Brian appeared behind her and looked over her shoulder.

"Tomorrows outfit?" he asked.

Alex nodded and ran her hands over her face.

Brian placed his hands on her hips and turned her around to face him, her hands still covering her face.

"I thought you weren't worried about it?" he said softly.

She moved her hands to uncover her eyes, "I'm not worried. I just...," she shrugged, "I don't know anymore. Why did I think it was a good idea to come? The shit's going to hit the fan tomorrow and everything's still weird between us. I miss Gracie. Hell, I miss my dad. Everything's just so fuc-"

Brian's lips on her's stopped her talking. He pulled back and looked at her shocked expression.

"Make it go away," she said.

"What?"

"The... the grief and the confusion. Make it go away," she pleaded.

"I don't know how to Alex."

"You do, make me feel something else. Something better."

Brian looked down into her brown eyes.

"I won't run away this time," she whispered as she slid her arms around his neck and crushed their lips together.

comments = ♥