Break This Awkward Silence

And if you take me down

Alex sighed as she unlocked her front door and entered her house on Wednesday night, it was so quiet without Grace. Glancing at the phone on the coffee table she considered calling Brian’s place to check on her.

Suddenly the phone rang, making her jump.

“Hello?” Alex asked breathlessly.

“Hey, I didn’t catch you in the middle of anything did I?” Val asked.

“No, no. I was just thinking about calling Brian when the phone rang. Gave me a fright, that’s all,” Alex replied as she kicked off her shoes and wandered into the kitchen.

“You know that Gracie’s fine with him, Brian dotes on her.”

“I know, I just miss her.”

“Well, that’s kinda why I’m calling.”

“Oh?” Alex asked, opening the refrigerator to find something for dinner.

“How’d you feel about a girl’s night in?” Val asked.

Alex closed the fridge and hopped onto the counter next to it, “Who’s the girls?”

“You, me, Leana and Gena. Michelle’s working so she won’t be there. Please say you’ll come over?”

“Um okay, sure. Just let me get changed and I’ll be right over,” Alex replied.

“Great. Don’t worry about Gracie. Brian’s a great dad, he may be a shitty boyfriend but he would die for that little girl, just like you would.”

“I know, I’m just being silly. I’ll see you in a little bit.”

“Cool. Bye!”

“Bye,” Alex smiled into the phone before running upstairs to change.

A couple of hours later the four girls were sitting around Matt and Val’s living room.

“Oh my God Alex, look how skinny you were!” Gena smiled as they looked through one of Val’s photo albums.

Alex cringed as she looked at the picture of her younger self, “That was taken almost six years ago, before I had Gracie. Now I’m all baby fat and stretch-marks.”

“You are not! I’d kill for your curves,” Leana argued.

“What are these then?” Alex asked, standing up to show them the silvery scars across her hips.

Just as she lifted the bottom of her shirt over her abs Matt, Jimmy, Zacky and Johnny appeared.

“Just in time for the floor show!” Jimmy grinned, clapping his hands together.

Alex rolled her eyes and pulled her shirt back down, “I was just showing your lovely girlfriends what childbirth does to your body.”

“You were hot when you were pregnant,” Johnny commented.

“Yeah all glowing and shit. Your boobs got huge,” Zacky grinned as he sat down beside Gena who hit him on the arm playfully.

“Bri said you were horny all the time too,” Jimmy grinned as Leana rolled her eyes beside him.

“Is there anything guys don’t tell each other?” Alex asked as she flopped onto the couch between Val and Johnny.

“Nope,” Matt laughed.

“Just wait until you guys are elbow deep in shitty diapers and screaming children, that’ll wipe the smile off your faces,” Alex replied.

comments = ♥