Without You, I'm Just Me

The Night Was Young And So Were We.

*~Patrick’s POV~*
As I woke up, I realised how tired I felt and how dry my throat was. I tried to swallow, but found it useless. I looked at Angie who was laying in my arms, and kissed her forehead. I could see a small smile forming on her face, even if she was still asleep. I slowly unwrapped my arm from her waist and looked around the floor for some clothes to wear. As soon as I was dressed I stumbled into the kitchen for something to drink. I skulled down the glass of water and thought about how the last thing I wanted to see was Pete Wentz walking through that door telling me we had to leave for tour. I wasn’t ready to leave this behind right now, especially not Angie, and especially not after last night.
*~Angie’s POV~*
I slowly managed to open my still tired eyes, but still pulled the covers closer. I frowned and looked under the covers, and I swear if my throat wasn’t aching I probably would have screamed. It’s not that I was angry at Patrick for letting it happen, I was just a little shocked that it actually happened at all. I frowned even harder when I realised Patrick wasn’t there. Had he decided to just walk out on me after last night and leave for the tour without saying goodbye? I looked over at the bedside table to see a pile of my clothes neatly folder along with my phone and Patrick’s glasses causing me to smile in reassurance. I didn’t exactly want to wear my clothes from last night, let alone the underwear that I was being forced to wear again so I grabbed one of Patrick’s t-shirts from the floor and put it on instead. I walked lazily to the bathroom and rinsed out my mouth and combed through my hair before going into the kitchen.
I loved the way Patrick’s face light up when I came into the room, but he still blushed at the memories of last night. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms over his shoulders. He grabbed my hands and kissed them gently, before moving out his chair so I could sit on his lap. I grinned and started eating his re-heated pancakes from his plate. I leant my head against his cheek. “I love you so much Patrick.”
“I love you too.” It felt good to know I could believe his words just by the way he said them to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. “I thought you would have worn your clothes rather than mine.” I smiled.
“I was going to, then I realised how dirty they were and how much they stunk after I got rained on last night and I didn’t want to wear them again.”
Patrick frowned. “But my clothes are probably twice as dirty as yours and stink twice as much, and you’re wearing those instead?”
I nodded. “They don’t stink though, they smell of you.” Patrick blushed before kissing my forehead.
*~Patrick’s POV~*
I almost knocked the chair with both me and Angie on it when the front door slammed open. I heard the voice long before he came around the corner. “Patty cakes, if you’re not awake and packed right now I swear to fucking god, oh-” He paused for a lengthy moment, simply staring at me and Angie. To avoid a bad situation I made a quick excuse. “I’ll just go get my stuff now.“ Pete nodded, and I walked down to my room to grab my bags, and Angie followed. She sighed. “I’m going to miss you so much Patrick. I can’t believe you’re leaving for a whole month.” She wrapped her arms around my waist, and I could see a few tears rolling down her cheek. I pouted before drying them off with my finger, until there were too many to even keep trying. I found my eyes were beginning to tear up as she pulled herself closer. “You can still come with me Angie, it’s not too late.” Although she had tears streaking down her face rapidly, she still managed to smile. “You know I want to go with you more than anything in this world, but my mom would never let me go, especially during the school year.” I couldn’t hide the disappointment on my face as I nodded in reply. I could hear Pete yelling out from the front door, obviously wanting to get going.

Angie picked up the guitar case as I pulled the suitcase from the floor. I placed her hand in mine as we walked through the hallway and into the dining room like we’d done several times before. We walked out onto the driveway, both of us shivering in unison. I mumbled a quick hi to everyone before loading my gear into the back. I saw Pete looking at Angie with a confused frown plastered across his face. I frowned too, before realising what he was looking at. Angie was still only wearing my t-shirt. He caught me watching him, and gave me a very similar look. I just shrugged and blushed as Pete walked to the front of the van, bringing a short, thin blonde back with him. “Holly, this is Patrick. Patrick, this is Holly: our new merch girl.” Holly flashed me a bright smile, before embracing me in a hug. “Nice to meet you Patrick, I’m sure we’ll all have heaps of fun together on tour.” She gave me a wink before turning to talk to Joe and Pete. I turned to Angie who was busy looking at my guitar, with a look of pain across her face. I walked over to her, and put my hands around her waist. Angie turned quickly and wrapped her arms around my neck, bringing her lips to mine. I pulled her as close as I possibly could to myself, never wanting to let go. I ran my hand down her back, pulling her closer with every touch. She placed her head on my shoulder, bringing her thighs against mine. Suddenly we were leaning against the closed back door of the van, with my hand running across her thigh. Usually I tried not to make our PDA’s so obvious or quite so public, but right now I couldn’t help myself. That is, until Pete decided to embarrass the both of us. He cleared his throat loudly. “So, when you’re done with the very public makeout session here, will you be ready to leave Patrick?” Angie and I immediately sprung apart, both of us turning the brightest of pinks. I realised how out of breath I was when I moved away.

I walked to the front of the van, to see all the seats were already occupied. I frowned at Pete who managed to squeeze his way between Holly and Andy. “Where am I meant to sit?” Pete shrugged his shoulders before replying simply. “You can sit in the back with Joe and all the equipment.” I frowned before whining in reply.
“I have to sit in the back with both Joe AND the equipment? Isn’t that a little unfair?” Pete sighed in a melodramatic manner.
“Well, I guess you’re right.” He leant awkwardly across Holly before putting his head out the passenger’s window and shouting. “Hey Joe! Get out of the back, you’re being upgraded!” I watched in dismay as Joe bolted from the back of the van to the front, shoving both Angie and myself on the way. He pushed his way into the front, causing everyone else to groan and push him back out. He complained under his breath and returned to the back of the van. Pete laughed, before making room in the front. “Seriously Patrick, we’re gonna drop your girlfriend at Sarah’s on the way out of town, so you can both sit in the front.” He climbed back over Holly, much to her displeasure. He then proceeded to push her into Andy who sat in front of the steering wheel, to make room for me and Angie. I climbed in beside Pete, before helping Angie in and placing her on my lap to give Holly and Andy a little more room. They both mumbled a quick thanks, and I pulled the passenger’s door closed. Andy started the engine, causing the silence of the early morning to be broken and we took off. Angie had her knees facing the door, with her eyes staring deeply into mine. I intertwined my fingers with her, holding the stare the entire time. I shot a quick look at everyone else in the vehicle: Andy was concentrating on the road, Holly was filing her nails and Pete was perving at Holly. Angie laid her head against my chest, as I gently brought my hand up her thigh. I could feel goose bumps forming on her skin as I brought my hand under the edge of the t-shirt, and I brought my lips to her ear. “I don’t want to leave you.” The whisper that came out of my mouth was so quiet, that I wasn’t even sure I’d even said it. Angie lifted her head and whispered back. “Me neither.” I realised we were parked out the front of Sarah’s, and I hugged her tightly to my chest. She pushed her lips to mine for a moment before pulling away. “Call me later.” She opened the door, and ran to the door before looking back as we drove away for the last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhh, I bet you can tell what they got up to xD
|----------Original Author's Notes----------|
So this is obviously a half-half chapter again. Oh well: read, rate and message. I got a Snow Jacket and a red coat today so I'm in a good mood and i'm about to start work on the next chapter. Thank you once again to Anberlin for inspiration, and thank you to Kassy for her continued support.