Without You, I'm Just Me

My Worst Nightmare

“What are you doing here?” I asked nervously as he walked towards me.
“I want to know why you lied to me Angie, why you told me you were going be at home all night doing homework, and instead went out with that loser from the club.” Logan walked right up to me, looking down on me. I could tell he knew he was intimidating me by the smirk across his face. “Well, Angie, what’s your excuse now?”
I stepped back towards the door fumbling around with my key, trying to get it into the lock. “You think you can escape that easily? Come on, Ange, you should know better.” He came up to me and pushed me against the front door with that smirk growing even wider across his face. Then he pushed his lips on mine, crushing me between his body and the front door. I felt as if I couldn’t breathe, I needed to get away. I tried to shove him away, but he just pushed harder and became more insistent. Oh God, I realised, is he trying to rape me? I felt a sudden rush of adrenaline and punched him across the face. He stepped back, holding his cheek and spitting out blood. I grabbed the door handle and ran inside, locking it instantly. I ran up to my room without looking back. I jumped onto my bed and buried my face into the pillows crying.

The next morning, I couldn’t stand the idea of facing school, so I stayed in bed for most of the morning. When I finally woke up, I went for a hot shower, then went downstairs to find something to wear. I screamed when I walked into the living room. “Oh crap, I’m so sorry I didn’t want to wake you so I waited until you got up.” He looked down at my towel, then realised I caught him staring at me and turned away blushing. “Umm, I’m sorry I’ll just..” he got up and went into the kitchen. I giggled at how gentlemanly Patrick always was towards me as I slipped on a pair of jeans and t-shirt. I walked into the kitchen where Patrick was pouring himself a glass of water. “What time is it?” He looked at his watch.
“About ten minutes before you’re late for school.” I sighed and poured myself some water. “I’m not going to school today.”
Patrick looked up at me in disbelief. “Why not?”
I thought carefully about whether I should tell him the truth or not. I opted for the truth. “Logan came to my house last night.”
Patrick looked concerned. “Angie, what happened?”
I sighed. “He’d been waiting for me to come home, and after you dropped me off, he started threatening me.”
Patrick starting to look even more concerned now. “What did he say to you? Did he hurt you?” He walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders, begging for me to tell him the truth. I looked up at him and began. “He pushed me against the front door and held me there as hard as he could. Then..then he kissed me. I tried to pull away, but he pushed me harder. Patrick, I think he was going to rape me.” Patrick looked pale, like he was about to throw up. Suddenly he threw his arms around and held me tightly, causing me to cry again. “Angie, will you promise me something?”
I tried to wipe back the tears, as I answered “Whatever you want Patrick.”
“Promise me you’ll never go near him again, especially not on your own.”
I laughed. “I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Definitely one of the shortest chapter I've ever written but I felt like it would feel like I was jumping around too much if I combined it with the next chapter.
|---------Original Author's Notes--------|
So this is the gripping conclusion to my cliffhanger in chapter 4. It's pretty obvious, but just bare with me. The rest of this chapter is a little bit of a filler and unusually short as a chapter, especially for me. However, don't give up hope: I have a few BIG surprises which I'm slowly leading up to. Read, rate, enjoy ^-^ thank you to FTSK for the chapter name: I currently have that song on repeat XD