Without You, I'm Just Me

It Was Only A Kiss

I felt as if I was going to throw up, as I felt hot tears streaking down my face. I tried to look up at Patrick, but I couldn’t face looking at him after what he’d just said to me. “Angie…” he began. I had never hated someone more in my life. I took the jewellery box out of my jacket pocket and pelted it at his chest. I heard him groan, as I stormed off.

*~Patrick’s POV~*

I blew it. I had the chance to tell the girl of my dreams how I really felt about her and I blew it. The worst part was knowing it was entirely my fault, I’d never told her I had a girlfriend and I constantly led her on. I felt awful, but all I could think about was how incredible it felt when she kissed me, and being able to hold her closer than I’d ever dared to before. I sighed, It wasn’t likely that I’d get the chance to feel like that again anytime soon, she probably wouldn’t want to see me again.

*~Angie’s POV~*

“Angie? Are you alright?” my mom called as I ran up the stairs. I wasn’t in the mood to tell her what was going on, I couldn’t deal with another one of her ‘I told you so’ lectures. I slammed my bedroom door and leant my against the door letting my emotions get the better of me. I heard the phone ring downstairs then mom calling “Angie, it’s for you.” I thought about whether to answer it, after all there was only two people it could be. But I couldn’t handle talking to Patrick, not yet. I really wasn’t in the mood to talk to Sarah either. Eventually I decided to ignore it, and pretend I was asleep.

I rolled over, wondering where I was. I saw Patrick beside me in the bed, smiling at me. I didn’t know what to say. He rubbed my cheek and leant in to kiss me, I stopped him when I felt the tears running down my face. His expression changed to serious. “Angie, what’s wrong?” he continued to rub my cheek, attempting to wipe away the tears.

“You broke my heart Patrick.” he frowned then kissed my forehead, holding me to his chest. “I’m sorry baby, all I’ve ever wanted was to be with you. I love you more than I’ve ever loved anyone before.” I smiled, trying to wipe the tears from my face.

“I love you too. Promise me you’ll never hurt me again.” he looked me in the eyes and kissed me again.

“I promise.”

I sat up with a shock, wiping the cold water away from my face. “About time you woke up.” Sarah said to me, placing a cup on my desk. I realised I’d fallen asleep on the floor, it had all just been a dream. I let the tears rolled down my face once again. Sarah looked sympathetic and guilty. “Oh, Angie what happened?” she came over and engulfed me in a hug.

“I screwed up Sarah, I ruined everything.” she held me tighter. “I was stupid to think that he even liked me in that way.” Sarah immediately knew who I was talking about. “Of course he does, it was obvious! What would ever make you think otherwise?”

I chocked back my tears. “I kissed him Sarah. Then he told me he-he…” I burst into tears again.
“Wait, you kissed him?” I nodded, letting the tears run down my face. “I thought you told me you didn’t like him that way.”

I sighed. “Well I lied ok? I lied. I love him more than I can ever imagine loving someone. But it doesn’t matter anymore.” I turned away, crying once again. Sarah looked at me in disbelief. “What are you talking about? Of course it matters! Why would you even say that?”

“He told me he has a girlfriend.” Sarah instantly felt guilty. “Oh my God Angie, I’m so sorry. Wait, are you telling me that he’s never mentioned his girlfriend to you before?” I nodded. “Oh Angie.” she hugged me again. What began as the best valentine’s day I’d ever had, turned into the worst day of my entire life. And it continued for weeks on end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh haven't I made Patrick seem like the villian so far?
Hopefully the snippet I wrote in Patrick's perspective made you a little more sympathetic towards him...
|----------Original Author's Note----------|
So this is the I guess conclusion to what happened in the last chapter. Technically it's not a proper conclusion, its just a continue-on cause I haven't actually concluded the "OMG, PATRICK HAS A GIRLFRIEND" thing yet haha. Yes, this is a filler chapter. Read, rate, enjoy. Thanks to The Killers - Mr Brightside for the title idea.