What Happens in Scotland

Scared in Scotland

June 19

We got off the plane and it took us about 30-40 minutes to get through customs and such. We got a Zaphira 7-seater after about 15-20 minutes and were on our way.

We pulled out of the rental car lot - and immediately almost turned left. You can't do that in Scotland. I'd say the Scots drive on the wrong side of the road, but 9 countries who drive on the left side of the road come to mind. The 5 of us are passing the "Tullis Russell Roundabout" and I'm still kinda flipping out to see cars coming at us on the right. Very very scary, especially if you turn into the wrong lane. Basically, it's backwards; say left, think right, turn right, etc. etc.

Actually the best part about this is that I actually got here alive. I haven't been on an airplane for 3.5 years, and I was and I was a little 'eh' about it. But my mom was more tripped out - she hates flying...period. We could have taken a ferry to Scotland from the Netherlands but it would have taken 6 hours versus and 1.5hour.

Trying to figure out the time difference between Germany and Scotland really isn't that hard. Scotland's an hour behind Germany, 6 ahead of USA (because Germany's 7 hrs ahead of USA).

I woke up this morning and got dressed.. I couldn't find my passport so we spent 5 minutes looking for it. One of our few minor crisis' so far

Last year, my family and I went to Berlin. My dad and I got all 18 Checkpoint Charlie stamps. Well, we were at the passport counter in Germany (today) and my dad and I handed over our visitors passports so we could get an entry stamp for Scotland. The lady I had spent 5 minutes looking at mine like she was confused. The guy my dad had pointed to one of the 5-6 pages of stamps and asked Checkpoint Charlie??. My dad said Yeah and the guy was like The DDR doesn't exist anymore.

DDR = Deutches Democratic Republic or as most people know it West Germany

Well, my hand is cramping and I got a headache, and these roads are making it hard to write.

xoxox
♠ ♠ ♠
seriously..it took forever to dechiper my usually messy handwriting made even worse by the Scotland roads....ugh