Status: Active, slowly but surely!

I Can't Wait on You Forever

-five-

The California sun is killer today, but I wouldn’t have it any other way considering I’m laying out beside a beautiful pool, my pool now, with the best friends I could ever ask for. By this time it was around noon and Kane had heard us out and decided he wanted to swim too. How could anybody say no to his puppy dog face? I watch as Ryan and Casey are swinging him by his arms and legs about to chuck him into the water.
I watch Ryan, memorizing everything about him from his smooth, tan skin to the way his back muscles flex with every move he makes. I can’t help but want him so badly.
I look away, hoping no one saw my little staring session.
“Taylor, I know playing hard to get is my best option, but does it count if you aren’t sure they want you to begin with?” I ask her hoping for some words of encouragement.
“Trust me babe, you would be the best thing to ever happen to Ryan. It will all work out, but it will take time.” Her answer isn’t exactly what I was wanting to hear. I HATE waiting!
“Who’s up for chicken?!” Tony yells. I roll my eyes at their suggestion. We have been playing the same game since sixth or seventh grade when the guys got strong enough to pick us up. I really didn’t feel like playing, but I decided I would anyways in case I was paired up with Ryan. No way would I pass on a chance to get up close and personal with him.
I slide into the pool hesitantly, hoping it’s not chilly. After being in the hot sun all day the water feels so nice and refreshing! Kane splashes me, sending my body into shock but I guess that’s one way to get used to the water. “KANE!” I can’t help but laugh a little along with him though.
The teams were Casey and Taylor against me and Ryan. Thank gosh Tony decided he wanted to sit this round out to be ref.
Ryan swims between my legs and stands up, surprising me.
“Okay dick! What if I had fallen off? I wasn’t ready for that at all!” I said, looking down to meet his face, hitting him lightly on the back. He looks back up at me. “Then I would catch you.” Those five words were enough to make me want to pass out right there just so he would, but I refrained. Ryan ran his hands up and down my shins, not even thinking about it. Hell, everything he does makes me think about what it means. Did he mean to touch me like that? Was that flirty or was I imagining it?
“GO!” Tony yells. Casey walked toward Ryan and I stick my hands out ready to push Taylor off. After a good two or three minutes of us shoving back and forth Taylor falls into the water.
“Yes! Go Raine! Go Ryan! In your face!” I scream at them letting my competitive side get the best of me. Casey and Ryan are laughing at me now as I do my victory dance. “All hail our team.” I say and with that I slide out of the pool as I head inside to the kitchen. I start rummaging through the pantry and I hear the back door slide open.
“What are you doing?” I hear Ryan ask.
“I’m making me lunch! I don’t know about you, but I’m starving.” I tell him.
“Pleaaase make me something?” he asks.
“Your wish is my command.” I tell him. Little does he know how true that is.
As I finish making our mac and cheese, we go sit on the couch. He sits on one end, I sit on the other with my feet in his lap. “Hey Ry?” I ask him quietly. “You mind telling me about how you bailed on us last night? Let’s talk about what happened.” I suggest.
“What’s there to say Raine? She was just another fan, only with me for my fame and money. I swear, why can’t I find any girl who likes me for me?” He asks. The way he says it pisses me off a little bit.
“You can!” I don’t mean to yell at him, so I lower my tone a little. “You just aren’t looking in the right places.”
He looks at me confused, “What are you suggesting?”
“Stop going for the dumb blondes with the big boobs. It’s better to be friends first. How the hell do you think a relationship will work if you can’t even be friends with the girl?” I ask him. Before he can answer, I pick up my bowl and head back to the pool, leaving him time to think on that. If he doesn’t take that hint, I don’t know what I’m going to do.

Ryan’s POV
“Stop going for the dumb blondes with the big boobs. It’s better to be friends first. How the hell do you think a relationship will work if you can’t even be friends with the girl?” she tells me right as she gets up to walk out of the room.
Damn, why is she so pissed? She’s acting like she likes me, but there’s no way that would happen. A girl like Raine deserves a guy who can be there for her. Not some guy like me who travels half the year.
Honestly I would have tried to get with her a while ago if it wasn’t for that. I can’t ask her to do that. Me being gone will put so much stress on her that she doesn’t need. Unless I could take her with me? If I’m ever going to do anything about how I feel, why not now?
She’s just different than all the girls I normally go for. Something makes this one special.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I can't believe I started this two years ago. Well now it's summer and I recently started liking Ryan again. Don't ask why, I don't know. Nobody EVER writes about him anymore, and it sucks! So I decided I would then. Let me know what you think! :) xoxo