Status: un-active (banned)

This Is Not What I Expected When You Sent Me To A Boarding School!

Chapter Four: Castles And Roommates

I wake up, just in time to see us drive through two, tall, black iron gates, then travel along a dirt road. All around us is just woods and little patches of grass. The trees hang over the road like an umbrella. There are little specks of sunlight coming through the trees.

“Wow.” I say, speechless.

James looks at me and says,” Out of all the years I’ve being going here, I still gaze in it’s beauty. I never get used to it. Every time I look at it, I see a new small detail that just adds more beauty to this land. It’s an ever-changing world over here. Ever…changing…world.”

“What do you mean world?” I ask him.

“Oh! Well, umm…you know, the beauty of this area, it’s just like another world.” James replies.

“Umm…okay. I guess so.” I say back.

Soon we come to an opening. There right in front of me, is a huge castle! That’s right, it looks like a castle! It has gray stonewalls, oval-shaped windows, about a million towers, and grape vines along the walls.

There’s a water fountain with a sculpture of a nude woman squirting water out of her mouth. Luckily, the lady was covering her top and bottom with her hands. However, her butt was still showing. It actually looked pretty funny, yet gorgeous and elegant at the same time. I hear James chuckle in the background.

I wonder how my family is doing without me. Hopefully, I’ll be able to call them when I get settled in. I miss them already.

The limo comes to a halt and I’m about to open the door when a man does it for me. He’s wearing black slacks, with shiny, black dress shoes, a black suit jacket, a blood red button-up shirt, and a black tie.

Wow, what an interesting ensemble. I must say though, it definitely looks good.

I climb out and see two other men holding my luggage, both wearing the same exact outfit as the man who opened my door.

“Thank you.” I say to the man who opened my door. He just smiles and slams the door shut. James, then, drives away.

I look up and see a huge ascending staircase towards the entrance. The entrance doors are big, black wooden doors that probably are the size, length and width wise, of my house!

Wow, there’s like over a hundred steps here! Can’t they just have an escalator or better yet, an elevator?

I hear the two men; carrying my luggage behind me, chuckle.

What are they laughing at?

A man opens the huge door for me, once I finally get up the stairs. I walk into a huge foyer, doors everywhere! It looks like a castle inside too! The setting is medieval with a gothic twist. They have antique-looking oil painting and regular paintings on every wall. They have red and black draperies hanging from the walls as well.

Wow, what a color scheme! This is AMAZING! I am so glad I get to live here! It’s totally my style. Wow, mother knows how to pick a school! I’m so excited and happy! Wow, I haven’t felt like this in…like…ever!

I start to feel a grin crawl onto my face.

“Hello, you must be Miss Harper. I’m the headmaster, Samuel Hook. Please, follow me to my office and I’ll get you situated.” Headmaster Hook greets me.

I nod and follow him, looking everywhere. The paintings here are so intricate. Many dating back as far as 500 A.D.

They must of cost a fortune! Then again, this castle must of cost over 100 billion dollars! I know, that’s a lot of money. I have no idea how my mother’s paying for this. Maybe I got a scholarship, or something.

We walk through a tall, black wooden door, into what I believe is his office. It has bookcases on every wall, a huge black wooden desk in the middle of the room with three desk chairs. Two on one side, one on the other. The Headmaster sits down in the single chair.

Wow, if I hadn’t known any better, I would of assumed that this was the library. But then again, this is a castle, so it would probably be humongous!

Headmaster Hook chuckles to himself.

What is it with everyone chuckling here?

Hook looks at me, sternly, and then says, “Sit.”

I comply and sit down on the most comfortable chair ever!

“So, you are in room five-hundred sixty-two on floor five in the West Wing. And if you didn’t already know, you will be sharing a room with another student.” he pauses.

I just nod in response, he continues, “Here is our schedule. If you have any classes that are not to your liking, you can see me anytime, and we will gladly fix that. Classrooms are in the North and South Wings. School uniforms are required, however, we don’t have your sizes, so come by tonight, after dinner. You are allowed to year your own clothes on the weekends and holidays. Breakfast is from six to seven-thirty AM. Lunch is from eleven-thirty AM to thirteen-thirty PM. Dinner is from seventeen-thirty to nineteen-thirty PM. If you come to eat after the eating period, you will not be served. Cafeteria is in the North Wing. Nurse’s office is in the South Wing, and so is my office. Do you have any questions before you head to your room?” Headmaster Hook asks me.

“Umm…no.” I reply.

“Okay, good. Charles will show you to your room now. I hope you enjoy your stay here at Knight Boarding School, Miss Harper. Goodbye.” Hook says, and then looks down to his paperwork.

I walk out and see a man holding my stuff in the black and red uniform. He must be Charles. He starts to head west, not even acknowledging my existence. I start to follow him and look at my feet on the walk there the whole school basically looks the same. All medieval-gothic themed.

About fifteen minutes later I make it to my room. Yeah, you heard right. Fifteen minutes. I take out my room key and open the door. I walk in speechless.

There’s one big room. Black sofas, a huge plasma HD flat-screen TV, with a XBOX 360 and a Wii. There are two black, wooden desks in the corner. There’s a half-wall, leading into the kitchen. It has a black microwave, black coffee machine, black fridge, and black countertops. It also has a dark cherry wood table that fits four. In between the kitchen and TV room, is a door. I open it to find two full size beds, sheets all blood red, with a black headboard. There are also three more doors in here. Two are walk-in closets, and one bathroom. It has a black stone floor, like the rest of the place, a shower and a tub. The tub looks like a Jacuzzi, though. I don’t know if you can call a bathroom gorgeous, but it was!

I walk back to the TV room and see the man, Charles, gone, with my luggage but the door. I drag my stuff towards the bedroom.

Hmmm…which bed do I want? Left or right? Well left faces the window and I love looking out at night with all the stars and the moon. So I guess that answers that. Left it is.

I throw my luggage onto the bed and start to unpack.

Hmmm…I wonder what time it is.

I look at the alarm clock on the nightstand. It said in bright red letters, 17:03 PM.

Oh no! I better hurry up before I miss dinner!

I start to unpack faster. I hang up all my clothes in the closet, put all my books and laptop on the desk in the other room, and hang up my band posters on my side of the bedroom.

Just trying to make it look like home. I wonder where my roommate is. Maybe her flight got delayed. Hopefully she’ll like me! Gosh! I’m so nervous!

As if on cue, I hear the front door unlock and a girl’s voice echo, “HELLO!”

I slowly walk out. I see a girl with short blue hair and pick eyes. That’s right! Blue hair and pink eyes! She had on a pink cami, a ruffley blue skirt, pink leggings, and blue van sneakers.

“Hi! You must be Amber! I’m Alyssa! Your new roommate!” Alyssa says smiling bright.

I give a small smile. “Hi, Alyssa.”

“So, you’re from America? Me too! I’m from California, though. What bout you?” she asks.

“Vermont.”

“Oh, it must be so beautiful there! Well dinners starting and I’m starved. Let’s go!” Alyssa says.

“But don’t you need to unpack first?” I ask her.

“Oh, I can do that later. Now come! Let’s go eat! Maybe we’ll meet some cute boys!” She says, then grabs my hand and pulls me out into the hall.

We start to see other girls walking towards the cafeteria too. A lot of them look different then most girls.

One, I have not seen a single fat girl so far. Two, they are all GORGEOUS! And like gorgeous as in more than a GODDESS! Three, they all have weird eye colors. Some are red, purple, yellow, pink, black, orange, white and turquoise. I guess all boarding school girls wear contacts. Also, they all have giddy, shy, or mean personalities. I guess public school girls are way different than boarding school girls.