Status: On hiatus.

He's a Bitch

One Sexy Pumpkin.

Mikey POV

There’s a certain skill to picking out an outfit. I’d almost consider it an art form. First and foremost, the clothing in question has to suit your body type, your skin tone and hair colour. Then there’s the individual articles of clothing; they have to mesh together to create an overall feeling; the texture, colour and style has to be right. Then of course, the clothing has to be comfortable to wear and easy to move in, because there’s no point wearing an outfit that strangulates you or cuts off your circulation.

All this knowledge, I acquired from Pete…which is why I was spending my afternoon watching him try on different clothing combinations and rating them out of ten.

I’d gotten a lift home with Bob, seeing as Gerard informed me that he had to stay back and study in the library. Bob invited me and Pete to come over and watch movies later on which excited Pete so much that I’m pretty sure he almost orgasmed when I told him.

“Mikey, I think these jeans make my ass look big,” Pete commented, peering at his ass in the mirror on the inside of my wardrobe. “What do you think?”

He turned so I had a clear view of his ass from where I was sitting on my bed.

“Dude, they’re skin tight,” I replied, rolling my eyes and grinning. “Of course they’re gonna make your ass look big.”

“Hey.”

He turned to face me and pouted, crossing his arms over his hoodie-clad chest.

“I’m joking, honey,” I smiled sweetly. “Your ass looks sexy as per usual. I give it ten out of ten.”

He grinned sheepishly and stepped through the mass of discarded clothes to my bed, plopping down beside me. His hand found mine and we gripped tightly to each other, feeling the sensation of the other’s skin on our own. If only we could love each other as much as Ray and Bob loved each other. I felt something for Pete. I cared about him a lot, but I definitely didn’t love him.

I wrapped my free arm around his waist and brought his body closer to mine, so that our chests were softly touching. He took the hint and our lips met in a short and innocent kiss. That’s all it was; innocent, because there was nothing there. I could feel the delicate skin of his lips touch mine and it was a nice feeling, but no fireworks went off and my heart didn’t beat faster.

We broke apart a few moments later and Pete smiled at me, licking his lips. I guess some things never change.

“Mmm, that was hot,” he commented, laughing lightly.

“Like me,” I added, grinning.

“You’re so modest,” he replied, rolling his eyes. “But yes, you’re right.”

“I know,” I said overdramatically. “I just can’t keep you off me…and Emma’s tried to jump me twice already.”

“I think you mean she jumped on you,” Pete replied, rolling his eyes. “There’s a difference. Though I can’t really blame her.”

I smiled and gave him a small peck on the cheek, before I scrambled off the bed and stood up.

“Is that what you’re gonna wear?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

“I think I will,” he responded, looking down at his outfit and nodding in approval.

He was decked out in the tightest jeans I’d ever seen on anyone (and that’s including Gerard; trust me, Gerard is the king of tight pants, period), a baggy orange and black hoodie, and almost blindingly bright orange Converse. He resembled a pumpkin, but a sexy pumpkin at that.

My clothing of choice was tight, faded black jeans teamed with a Smashing Pumpkins t-shirt and a comfy black jacket. I, unlike Pete, hadn’t spent ages contemplating my outfit; I didn’t have anyone I wanted to impress, unless Frank somehow managed to materialise out of thin air in Bob’s lounge room. But I can pretty much guarantee that it’s a slim chance that he’d ever be able to do that.

I don’t know why I cared really. He hurt me, therefore I should hate him. But I didn’t. I still loved him as much as ever and I still had a powerful grudge against whoever stole his heart. We were the perfect match for each other; all that was missing was his commitment.

Pete followed me out of my room as I scooped up my house keys and shut the door. We made our way down the stairs, Pete taking two at a time and almost falling with his excitement. He reached the front door first and wrenched it open, hurriedly running down the path. I followed at a slower pace, making sure to lock the door behind me. My mum was already aware that Pete and I would be visiting Bob, and requested that I see Pete safely home before coming home myself. Then she went into the whole speech about the dangers about be out at night, so I promised that I’d be back before dark.

Pete stamped his foot impatiently, pouting at me as I approached him slowly.

“Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up!” he whined.

I rolled my eyes and walked next to him as we headed down the street and in the direction of Bob’s house. He lived in a house similar to Frank’s, and as it came into view I felt unwanted emotions resurface.

I tried. I really did try to keep my mind off Frank and forget about him. But I loved him, I lost my virginity to him. How can you just forget someone who once meant so much to you? If someone’s worked out an answer for that question, I want to know what it is.

Pete wrapped his hand around mine and pulled me up the front path, his excitement obvious in his ecstatic smile and wide eyes. I had begun to doubt recently whether Pete’s crush on Bob was entirely innocent. He’d been attempting to see him as often as possible and I was a little worried that he might try something. I know he’d never try to hurt Ray intentionally, but love and infatuation can make people do crazy things. I was a living example of that.

When Bob opened the door, it was to a ear-piercing squeal from Pete as he launched himself into Bob and hugged him tightly. I could see the startled look on Bob’s face as he was caught off guard, but he hugged Pete back and smiled at me over his shoulder.

“What do you guys feel like doing?” he asked us as we stepped inside.

I heard Pete whisper “You” and giggle quietly as he watched Bob disappear into the lounge room. I glared at him, shooting him a warning look which plainly said that if he tried anything, I’d kick his ass in Ray’s defence.

Pete just stuck his tongue out at me, and we both trooped into the lounge room, a tense silence cast over us.

The lounge room was bigger then mine, but still managed to be cosy and inviting. A fireplace sat directly opposite the doorway, the mantelpiece lined with family photos and old birthday cards. The carpet was a reddy brown in colour and felt fluffy under bare feet; just perfect for quiet nights in. A tan fake leather couch was placed with its back facing the doorway and its front facing the large TV.

Bob was sitting at one end of the couch, fiddling with the remote. I had to draw in an apprehensive breath as Pete sat down extremely close to him, so that their thighs were touching. Bob didn’t seem to think anything of it and just motioned for me to sit with them. I did without hesitation, sitting on Pete’s other side and focussing my eyes on the TV which Bob had managed to switch on.

“God, there’s nothing good on,” Bob complained, glaring at the TV. “Movie?”

“Yeah,” I responded and Pete nodded in silent agreement.

Bob scrambled off the couch and walked over to the cabinet which was situated underneath the TV and DVD player. Bending over, he opened the fragile glass doors and rifled through the movie selection.

I almost had to restrain an exclamation of shock as I looked over and saw Pete, his eyes fixated on Bob’s ass and licking his lips. This was getting too much. Its one thing to have an innocent crush on your cousin’s boyfriend, but it’s another thing to be looking at them like they’re a delicious chocolate bar.

“Dude, stop looking!” I hissed, slapping him lightly on the arm.

He turned to face me, an angelic look contorting his features. It was almost sickening to witness.

“I’m not doing anything wrong,” he whispered defensively.

“Ray’s boyfriend, Pete,” I scolded, glaring at him. “Ray’s boyfriend. That means he’s off limits, so just stop it before you do something inappropriate.”

“I’m not doing anything!” he exclaimed quietly.

“Yeah whatever,” I responded shortly. “Just know I’ve got my eye on you.”

“Ooh.” He wiggled his eyebrows at me. “I think I like the sound of that.”

“Stop it,” I huffed.

It was a miracle that Bob didn’t hear our conversation. He was too busy selecting a movie that the three of us would enjoy and seemed to have finally succeeded. I just sunk back into the couch, arms folded and my jaw set as Bob sat down. Out of the corner of my eye, I witnessed as Pete subtly brushed his hand against Bob’s thigh. But Bob remained none the wiser, probably convinced that it was an accident.

I sat silent, hoping that Pete wouldn’t do something completely stupid.