Twisted Wonderland

Chapter Four: Sisterhood

Before long, I am dressed in some comfortable, shocking blue “converse”, as Lissa put it, and, much to my complaints, in some blue jeans, as Lissa called them, with a long-sleeved, turtle-neck white shirt. I am bathed and once again look like myself. My hair looked like a healthy cascade of wavy, dark brown hair as it ended on my shoulders and my face was cleaned of grime.

Lissa showed me where I shall be staying for a few days. Once you go up the stairs of the living room/ dining room, you shall arrive at a small hallway, with two doors; one leading to my room, and the other leading to the ceiling terrace, which I find terribly windy. Inside my room there is a large, comfortable bed in the right side wall, and windows on the back of the room, with another box-like device, but this one was a simpler one, and it was on a small wooden table. Beside the box, and in front of the bed, was a door to my private washroom.

I started to walk down the steps shyly, and spotted Lissa putting a plate with milk in front of Cheshire’s nose. She smiled as the cat started gulping the milk down.
“You must be starving,” she opens the fridge (it is like a compartment were you store food that needs to be cold, just in case you didn’t know, like I did) and took out a can of tuna.

I came up to her and said,” I hope you don’t mind. Cheshire is very quiet,” I say, glancing at Cheshire warningly. He simply blinks and eats his tuna.
“Of course not, its fine, but you should give him a bath before he spreads fleas everywhere. Well, I have to go to work, Alice, but I’ll be back soon. Don’t go anywhere, and if anything rings, ignore it. You understand?” she looked at me with a hard, serious expression.
I nodded and said,” Yes.” She smiled and walked towards the door, but before she could leave, someone else was already unlocking it.
I heard Lissa mutter something. The door opened, and I saw a very familiar face.

“You! What are you doing here?” me and the girl I saw jogging when I woke up said in unison.
“What am I doing here? Better question is what are you doing here? I live here! Are you some kind of new age, cultural stalker!” her bronze skin was wet with sweat and she was still wearing her jogging clothes.
“ AND YOU ARE WEARING MY CONVERSE?” she yelled and threw the keys on the table.

“Brianna, chill! You know her?” Lissa stared at me and then at her in confusion.
“Yes! Well, not really, but she asked me a stupid question when I was jogging in Central Park,” she made a really rude face and mimicked my voice,”‘Do you mind telling me where I am?’ Please! You are in New York City, you little-,” thankfully, before she could finish, Lissa grabbed her by the arm.
“She asked me the same thing. Now would be please try to calm down before you blow up?” Brianna sighed in defeat and put her hands on her hips.
“The name’s Brianna. You are…?”
“Alice Liddle,” I say, half expecting her to snap at any moment.
She rolled her chocolate eyes and said,” I’m going to take a shower, Alice Liddle, so don’t blow anything up while I’m gone,” she walks right by me and in to the hallway.

“I’m sorry about my sister, she is very-,” before Lissa could finish her apology, Brianna screamed.
“ THERE IS A VERY CREEPY CAT GRINNING AT ME IN THE BATHROOM!” Lissa laughed and screamed,” YOU MIND SHOWERING IT? IT’S KINDA DIRTY!”
That made me laugh, but soon, a wet version of Cheshire came running and hissing out of the hallway.

“I do not like the shower,” he whispered angrily, and that made me laugh even more.

I said farewell to Lissa and went upstairs with Cheshire.
“You know, Cat, you do need to shower. Now I notice the stench you have,” I chuckled.
“I do not stink,” he complained in a childish voice, but one sniff at himself and he agreed.

But once we entered my room, he turned human once more. He looked so ancient and wise when he was human. How did he turn human anyway? I wanted to ask him this, but before I could, he was already taking his red shirt off.

I blushed crimson and turned to look at the window.
“Why are you not looking at me, Alice?” I felt him breathing on my neck.
“Because…I-I,”I closed my mouth before I kept stuttering like an idiot.
He gently removed a strand of hair from my shoulder and kissed my neck gently. I could have sworn I heard him purr.
“If you do not look at what’s here, you will not see what it near,” he whispered in my ear. It sounds like something a mad man would say, but to me, it sounded like a genius.
I turned around and put my palms on his naked chest,” Would you like me to wash your clothes for you?” I whispered, suddenly feeling hot and afraid.
He chuckled and kissed my forehead,” You don’t know how to work the machines, but yes, I would like to wear clean clothes.” That is enough!
I move away from him and take his shirt from the bed. A few moments later, I come back in to retrieve his pants, which makes me blush furiously.

I walk down the stairs and see Brianna sleeping on the couch, wearing black converse, a short red and black skirt, and a black shirt with purple letters that say “STFU FOO!”. The shirt has elbow length purple sleeves, but her shoulders are still visible, and the rest is black, except for the crude letters. Her chin length hair was wet, making the couch have a wet spot.

She opened her eyes and said lazily,” What you want?”
“Would you show me how to wash clothes?” I ask.
She rolls her eyes and gets out of the couch.
“Ya know, you have to stop talking like a British lady, or else people will think you’re crazy,” she says as she and I walk to the laundry room.
“Well, perhaps I am,” I say matter-of-factly and she stares at me with wide eyes and grins.
“That is the coolest thing you’ve ever said! I like you kid!” she punches my shoulder lightly and takes the clothes from my hands. She looks at it confused, “These are a dude’s clothes,”
Just then I hear Cheshire’s voice behind us.
“I see you haven’t washed them yet,” his black hair was smeared all over his face, and his golden eyes looked playful, but his grin looked intimidating. He was only wearing a towel.
Brianna gasped; her eyes practically came out of her skull. She finally squealed,
“HOLY COW!” and dropped his clothes.
Cheshire extended his hand that wasn’t holding the towel in place towards Brianna and said,” I am the Cheshire Cat. Or in other words, I’m Alice’s cat.”