Wakko Werewolves 3: Lost

Eighteen

The sun rose bringing the beginning to another day. I stayed awake as I changed back. I held Tyler as if he was still alive my eyes were hot with tears. Kyle stayed in his corner staring at Tyler.

"I'm sorry Cassie." Amy said.

Ryker laid his tired head on her shoulder. My hot tears fell on Tyler's chest. I remembered everything from the very beginning. Him inviting me to the secret cabin. Eating snacks with him, then being attacked by a wolf. He took care of me. Even until the time he changed. Even when he changed I missed him. Now that he's gone. I feel lost like. I lost a part of my heart that would never come back.

John and Cat walked into the room stepping over the broken furniture and saw me laying on Tyler. Beth stepped in next and sat next to Amy who was red in the face. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"He wanted to die. It wasn't the change that made him kill. It was the fact that he wanted to die. He never wanted this curse. He never wanted this disease." I said.

"No one ever did." Kyle said quietly hugging his knees staring at Tyler's body.

"Tyler died the day he was bitten." I said sitting up and looking at him closing his eyes. I touched his cold face one last time. The claw marks still fresh on his body.

John placed a blanket over Tyler's body and covered his face. I looked up at Ryker who looked back at me.

"I'm sorry Ryker, for bringing you into this." I said to him.

"Am I going to become a monster too? Isn't there a cure for this?" Ryker asked.

"Yeah, if it worked for me." Amy started.

"There's no cure." I said looking at Tyler's body.

"What?" Ryker asked.

"The cure is all mental. You can surpress it for a while but it always comes back to haunt you." Kyle said.

He sighed and covered my face.

"My life is ruined my parents are going to see this place and freak!" Ryker cried.

"We'll explain everything." I said to him.

"How? How the hell am I going to explain this!" he yelled at me.

I shrunk back and looked at my bare knees.

"I don't know." I said to him.

We waited, for Ryker's parents. Let's just say they weren't very happy. Actually they were ready to call the cops. For one thing he wasn't allowed to throw a party and another thing he wasn't allowed to invite werewolves. We told his parents as much as we could about the wolves and they looked at us as if we were crazy. It wasn't until I showed them my teeth and fangs. They looked at me and then Ryker. He sat on the couch fully clothed and then back at us.

John and Cat said they'll pay for any damages. His parents were going to stay in touch with us. I never felt so bad in my life. I'd ruined someone elses life because my own life wasn't that great. The worst thing that could've possibly happened was that it wasn't me that died.