Wakko Werewolves 3: Lost

Nineteen

Every twenty-eight days when the moon is fullest a man may change into a beast. A dark creature of the night.

I was back in school. A month after everything went down. I felt weird being back. I wore sunglasses to cover up my blood red eyes, and gloves to cover my hairy palms. My fangs were hidden since I didn't talk to anyone anymore.

I was alone at the lunch table staring at the wall when I sensed two people standing behind me.

"Can we sit with you?" Beth asked.

"Sure." I said.

They sat across from me.

"You're not going to eat lunch?" Beth asked.

I shook my head.

Amy frowned. "Cassie, I'm sorry." she said.

"For what?" I asked her.

"For everything." she said.

"It's not your fault." I told her.

"I feel like it's my fault." she said sadly.

I sniffed the air and smelt wolf. I turned around and saw Ryker and behind him Kyle. Kyle was glad to be back at a normal school and not in a hospital. Kyle sat at my right side and Ryker on my left.

"Hi." Kyle said to me and smiled.

"Hi." I said to him and then looked at Ryker.

He opened up his milk and took a sip of it. We stared at him.

"What?" Ryker asked.

"Tonight's the full moon." I said to him.

"I know." he said staring at his tray.

"I'm sorry for all of this." I told him.

"Life is unexpected and sometimes it sucks!" he said taking another sip of his milk.

"What are you going to do about tonight?" Beth asked.

"My parents have bought a cabin that we only go to during the winter. They said I can change there, it's in the middle of woods away from everything." he said staring at his milk.

"Do you want us to come with you?" I asked him.

He looked at me and nodded.

"Can I just ask you one question?" he asked.

"What?" I asked him.

"When you change it hurts. How does it feel?" he asked.

"You remember how you would shave your face when you're younger and then use that alcohol stuff?" Kyle asked.

Ryker nodded.

"It's one hundred times more painful than that." he said.

Ryker's face was pale.

"Are you serious?" he asked.

We nodded.

"You'll be okay with them." Beth said.

"They know what it's like." Amy said.

"Yeah, I guess." he said and sighed.

That evening after school. We went to his cabin. Ryker, Kyle and I.

"What do we do?" Ryker asked leaning on the wall as sweat ran down his face.

"Change outside. You're sure no one's around?" I asked him.

He nodded.

"You'll probably change before us." Kyle said sitting on the porch step.

"Why don't you guys feel as sick as me?" he asked.

"Because we've done this before. We should go into the trees now." I said walking back down the steps. Kyle got up following me. Ryker close behind.

In the woods I pulled off my top and jeans and kicked off my shoes. Kyle pulled off his shirt and pants.

"I have to get naked?" he asked.

"Unless you want to rip your close." I said hugging my chest and leaned back against the tree. I slipped off my sunglasses and looked at him. He jumped back.

"Your eyes." he said.

"It's not my fault." I said to him. His body was hot with fever. I took a deep breath.

"You're going to have to find a mate soon." Kyle said to Ryker and he walked over to me.

"A mate, you mean a girlfriend?" Ryker asked.

"Don't listen to him." I said. Kyle pushed himself into me.

Ryker turned away.

"What are you doing Kyle?" I asked him.

"I've been locked up in a mental hospital for almost six months, and I haven't got to touch you since Tyler got to you." he said.

"Tyler." I said and frowned.

He kissed my lip.

"I know, I miss him too." Kyle said.

I looked over at Ryker he fell to his knees.

"I got to help him." I said to Kyle.

He furrowed his brows.

"What about me?" Kyle asked.

"This is my fault why he changed. You go into the woods okay?" I asked him.

He frowned. I leaned in and kissed him a long time. Then I pulled away.

"Okay." he said and when I turned back to Ryker Kyle was long gone.

I walked towards him and knelt by his side. He curled up into the fetus position.

"Ryker you got to relax." I told him.

"How?" he asked me.

I held his face and pressed my lips against his. We kissed for a while and then he put his arms around me. I pulled myself closer to him. The fever rushed through me. I ran my hands through Ryker's sweaty hair. I felt his claws digging into my back.

"Take off your clothes." I whispered into his ear.

He made sure to move fast. He pulled his shirt over his head and he pulled down his pants and kicked them into the corner. Then he scooped me up onto his lap and I kissed him.