Wakko Werewolves 3: Lost

Three

I got home around four thirty there was no way I was going to school that morning. I walked into the house and there my parents and Cat sat waiting for me. Cat decided to move here from New York to work on the new cure with John. One that will hopefully change Tyler back to his normal self.

"Are you okay?" my mom asked me as I dropped my backpack on the ground and plopped on the couch across from them. Cat giving me a concerned look.

"Yeah, just forgot tonight was the full moon." I said.

"You were supposed to be locked up. Did anything happen when you woke up?" Cat asked me.

I wasn't stable enough to go around on my own during the night of the full moon because like Tyler I could be changed at anytime and that could mean bad news for all my friends and family.

"Nothing happened." I said to her.

"Are you sure, you have red marks on your neck." she said leaning in.

My parents looked at each other and back at me.

"Nothing happened, there was a wolf around but after that nothing." I said.

"Was Tyler there?" she asked.

I hope my parents didn't notice the look in my eyes. I saw Cat smirk she hit the nail on the head.

"Nothing happened." I said.

"You can tell us Cassie." my dad said.

I looked at my parents and grabbed my backpack.

"I'll get ready to go to school." I said walking by them.

I felt their eyes following me and I ran up to my room.

I took a long hot shower to get the scent of Tyler off me. Even though it seemed to go deeper than the surface of my skin. I left the restroom and got dressed in a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. I looked out the window and saw that it was growing cloudy. I grabbed my waterproof hoodie and and slipped on my sneakers. Then I pulled on my backpack and then left my room. The scent of bacon filled my nostrils. That scent and sound of bacon told me that my parents wanted me to spend breakfast with them. I would have to fight the urge.

I walked by my mother and father as my mom stood at the stove and my dad sat at the kitchen table. I touched the door knob.

"You don't want to stay for breakfast?" my mom asked.

"No, I'll be late." I said.

"We'll right you a note we want to talk to you." my dad said.

I turned back to the door swore and then sat down at the table. My mom placed a large plate of bacon in front of me. My stomach growled she really wanted me to talk to her now. I picked up one slice and bit into it and looked back at them. They stared at me.

"What did you do yesterday?" my mom asked.

"Go to school." I said.

"After school." my dad said.

I munched the rest of bacon.

"After school, I visited Kyle at the hospital." I said.

"How is he?" my mom asked.

"He transformed, but the cure did stop the change." For now.

"That's good, what happened after that?" my mom asked.

"I was on my way home but the moon came out." I said.

"Something must've happened between that time because you came home this morning. Instead of being tied up safely at home." my dad said.

"Tied up safely at home? Sounds like I'm a hostage here." I said.

"We're not trying to threat you like a hostage. We just want you to be safe." my mom said.

"Safe, you don't want me to be safe. You want to make sure I'm safe from everyone else." I said.

"Don't talk like your mother like that!" my dad said in a stern voice.

I settled down.

"I'm sorry." I said to them.

"We just want the best for you. We know what you're going through." my mom said.

"You know what it feels like to turn into a werewolf. To have my skin stretch and my bones cracked?" I asked.

"She means we know what it's like to be a teenager you have a ton of feelings but human or werewolf we want you to remember that we're here to help." my dad said.

I stood up.

"Thanks for the help now I need to get to school." I said to them leaving half of the plate with the crispy, brown bacon.

"Are you going to visit Kyle again?" my mom asked.

I turned back and nodded and then walked out of the house.

At school, I met Amy and Beth they stood next to each other talking.

"Hey." I told them.

"Hey Cassie, last night was the full moon. Did you get home okay?" Amy asked.

"I was being tracked by a wolf. A couple creeps were killed by it before I ran away." I said.

"What happened to the wolf?" Beth asked me.

"Tyler took care of it." I said sighing crossing my arms.

"You didn't mate with him did you?" Amy asked.

I was quiet for a second.

"I'm not changed. I can control it." I said.

"Yet you were on your back with Tyler once again." Amy said.

I rubbed my arm and looked away.

"I care about him." I said.

"If you care about him you should stay away from him." Amy said.

"She's right." Beth said.

"It's hard to." I said quietly.

The bell rung and class began. I separated from them and walked to my next class. It started to drizzle and I pulled the hood over my head and I looked up and saw someone staring at me from a black car. I ignored him and kept walking. Soon, I sensed them beside me.

"Hi." they said next to me.

I didn't stopped walking.

"Can we talk?" he asked me.

I stopped.

"I'm going to be late for class or you new or something?" I asked him looking into his face.

He had beautiful eyes and great hair that was in short spikes.

"Actually, yes, I'm looking for room 234." he said.

I softened up a little.

"I'm heading there now. You can follow me." I said to him and kept walking.

He walked beside me.

"So where are you from?" I asked him.

"Seattle Washington." he said.

"You're leaving the rain to come to the snow?" I asked him.

"My dad got a job here." he said.

"So you moved because of your parents?" I asked opening the door and walking in. He followed.

"Parent, my mom's not in the picture." he said.

"I'm sorry." I said to him.

"It's okay, I haven't seen her since she left my dad. Oh I'm Ryker by the way." he said holding out a hand.

"Cassandra." I said.

"Nice name." he said as I shook his hand.

"Thanks." I said putting my hands back into my jacket pockets.

Then I turned down door and into my history class room. He was on my tail.

"You two are late." my professor said.

"He's new here." I said and then walked to my seat in the far back and sat down.

I watched as the new student got acquanted and I also noticed how some of the girls were looking at him. When it was time for him to look for a seat at least three girls offered him a seat but he apologized and moved down the aisle. I hadn't even noticed he sat next to me.

"Hi again. Don't mind if I sit here?" he asked.

"No." I said doodling not taking my eyes off my picture.

He leaned over and looked at my picture.

"Wow." he said.

I covered it.

"Do you mind?" I asked looking at him.

"Sorry, you're a good drawer, I draw a little too." he said.

"I'm just doodling." I said uncovering it.

"Looks like wolves." he said to me.

"It is." I said to him.

"Do you like wolves?" he asked.

"Some more than others." I said.

"Okay everyone you need to chose a partner for this next assignment." my professor said holding up a thick packet.

"Want to work together?" Ryker asked.

"I usually work alone." I said.

"Partners are mandatory." the professor said.

God I could never get a break. I looked back at him.

"Whatever." I said and shrugged.

"You seem pretty cold for someone so cute." Ryker said smiling.

"I don't like my partners to flirt with me." I said to him.

"I'm sorry. Just trying to loosen you up a bit." he said as one of my classmates passed me two packets. I handed one to him.

"Well don't I'm fine the way I am." I said to him then looked at the packet.

It had a bunch of facts about World War I and II.

"The assignment will be done for one day in class and this will be due next Friday. You will do every question and essay in this packet. I want you to do your best because there will be a quiz on the facts." the professor said.

I got started by decorating the cover with paws.

"So what do you want to work on first?" he asked me.

"Nothing." I said.

"What you're going to make me do all the work?" he asked.

"I told you I work alone. We'll just turn it in at the same time." I said.

"What if I need help?" he asked.

I looked at him he frowned.

"Ask a friend." I said.

"You're the only person I know here can you at least show some cooperation. What's with you anyway?" he asked me.

"Nothing's with me okay. I don't know you, so I don't like you." I said.

"Or you don't want to like me but can't help but to?" he asked smiling.

"How about you start on your packet and I'll start on mine and when next Friday comes we'll be done." I said to him and smiled.

"Can I at least have your number just in case I get stuck on something?" he asked.

I sighed loudly.

"Fine." I said and he took out his phone and I told him.

After an hour of working. I got up and grabbed my stuff.

"So when do you want to meet at the library?" he asked me.

"I'm not going to work with you." I said.

"I have your number." he said smiling.

"How do you know I didn't give you the number to a fast food resturant?" I asked smirked and turned and walked away.

He stood there with a dumb look on his face.