Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

Caught Up In The Moment

I was in Kennedy’s room, going through his computer. Yes, I was aware that I was invading his privacy, but this was pretty much what I did whenever I was really bored and home alone.

I didn’t know where Kennedy was, but it was a Saturday night so I was guessing he was either out with Neyla or partying. None of the boys would ask me to join them to a party because they knew partying was never my thing. I just got uncomfortable in a sea of people squeezing against one another, guys hitting on me, being in the middle of the people I didn’t really know, and the smell of alcohol and cigarette (and sex).

Garrett said that I was an anti-social.

Fuck you too, Garrett.

I was glad I wasn’t the only non-partier in the group, though. Usually I would hang out in Kirch’s residence when they were out partying, playing video games with Pat.

So I kept on going through Kennedy’s computer, trying my best to not to open folders that were named with weird things. I didn’t want to go blind because looking at a bunch of porn stuff, you know.

A few minutes later I got bored, although there were some parts that I hadn’t discovered. I saved it for later when I got really bored again. I turned off the machine and went out of his room.

Confused, I walked around the house. Another thing I did when I didn’t know what to do and completely bored. I wasn’t hungry, I was sure nothing on TV was good, I didn’t have any books to read, I didn’t have any assignments to do, and I was bored staring at my laptop screen.

I ended in the kitchen, rummaging through the cupboards and refrigerator. I found some cheese stick in the cupboard. Sitting on the kitchen island, I opened the plastic wrapper and started eating it while staring into space.

Someone please get me out of this boredom. Now.

Just after I thought of that, the doorbell rang. I jumped off the kitchen island and dashed off to the front door to open it. John was grinning down at me like an idiot.

“Oh, it’s you,” I said, disappointed.

A hurt look appeared across his face. “You don’t like me here?”

“I’m just joking,” I laughed. “What brings you here, Cornelius?”

The idiotic grin reappeared, this time he looked more enthusiastic. “I gotta show you something, come on!” He pulled me out of the house and toward his car that was on the driveway.

“JOHN! I gotta lock the door!” I shouted. That stopped him from pulling me.

“Oh, yeah, right. I just got so excited. Hurry!” He then pushed me toward the front door.

I rolled my eyes at him and went to lock the door, and then went back to his car. I slipped into the passenger seat; he already started the engine and hands on the wheel, seatbelt was done.

He backed away from the driveway and drove away.

“So, where are we going?” I asked, buckling my seatbelt.

“Secreeet,” he sang.

“You’re keeping too many secrets, John,” I pouted, folding my arms across my chest.

He laughed. “I promise this is gonna be the last.” He slowed down a little, leaned over me, kissed my forehead and continued driving in an average speed.

It was unfair. Just a kiss on the forehead and he could weaken my whole body. Just a simple promise he made could make me feel really happy.

He reached my hand and held it while his thumb was making circles on the back of my hand. His eyes were set on the road and the ride was a comfortable silent and I loved it.

And just a simple holding hand could make me really calm. I bet I couldn’t do these things to him.

I was probably so bored that I didn’t realize the sun was beginning to set. I couldn’t help to watch the lights starting to turn on as we passed, they were so pretty.

- - -

We arrived somewhere in a deserted place. There was a cabin but it was dark and it seemed dead, and it was surrounded by trees.

I turned to stare at John, scared look spread on my face. He only laughed at me.

“I swear I’m not gonna rape you,” he said. He got out of the car and opened the door for me, holding out his hand. I placed my mine on top of it and got out. He locked the car and we started walking toward the trees hand-in-hand.

It was starting to get dark and the coward part of me starting to grow, so I went closer to John, wrapping my arms around his skinny waist like a baby.

“Scared?” he asked softly.

I nodded and then I felt him wrapping his arm around my shoulder protectively.

“Don’t worry, I’m here,” he whispered.

We kept walking for around five minutes and by the time I was about to be afraid that we were lost, I saw an exit. We walked toward it and the next thing… I couldn’t believe my eyes.

It was a medium-sized field with trees surrounding it. There was a tree in the middle of the field, and on it there was a treehouse and a swing. I looked to the right side of the field, and saw our friends were hanging out, chatting and laughing. Neyla and Kennedy were grilling something on a griller. There was a picnic table near the griller. There were lampions hanging from the treehouse and to a tree that was a part of the woods. There were also torches around the field as the source of lighting.

“Do you like it?” John asked, whispering next to my ear.

I looked up with my mouth hanging open, eyes glimmered with excitement. “Are you kidding? This is the raddest thing I have ever seen!”

He chuckled. “This is the thing I had been working on with Morgan, love.”

“This beauty?” I repeated, looking at the field again. I saw him nodding from the corner of my eye.

“Come on, let’s join the others,” he said, pulling my hand and we joined the others.

- - -

Inside the treehouse, there was a wide hammock in the corner of the room. The hammock was facing a window. In the middle of the room, there was a carpet. Next to the hammock, there was a chest. A rather large chest.

I pointed at it and looked at John.

“You can put everything you want in there. Let’s say this place is our secret runaway spot,” he grinned and walked to the hammock. He laid down and I decided to join him.

He pulled me close by my waist and I could feel his breath on top of my hair. I changed my position so my head and hands were on his chest and he was stroking my head and sometimes he would kiss my forehead lovingly. Another comfortable silence took over as the hammock was swinging slowly side to side, making me sleepy. I could feel both of us slowly falling asleep.

Neyla
Garrett and I were laying on the grass, watching the stars. We were doing our best to not to be carried away by the emotions and kiss, because everyone would see. I was joking at something stupid that he just said. We were being friends right now, but I could feel Jared was staring at us.

Feeling uncomfortable, I got up and went to Jared.

“Please stop staring,” I pleaded.

He raised an eyebrow. “I wasn’t staring at you two.”

“Jared, I’m not stupid.”

He raised his hands. “So when are you going to tell Kenny?” he asked once he dropped his hands to his side.

I gaped. “Are you kidding?”

“What, you’re not gonna tell?”

“What do you expect?”

He shrugged. “You do know that what you’re doing is hurting both Gary and Kenny.”

I remained in silence. He was saying the right lines and I couldn’t dodge it. Besides, he already saw the truth, therefore it would be useless for me defending myself. And Garrett.

“Sooner or later Kenny will find out, and I think it’s better if you tell him instead of him seeing it.” He patted my shoulder and went towards the treehouse.

I watched as he climbed the stairs and then I heard him shouting something, replied by both a manly and girly scream.

“JARED, YOU ASSHOLE!” I heard John shouting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh look, a long chapter to make it up to you guys because the previous one was short! :)

I wrote this for an hour without getting too distracted. Usually it took me like two to three hours because I kept on getting distracted, haha.

How do you like it? <3