Status: Finished.

Rollercoaster Ride

Never Tell A Soul

I walked toward Neyla’s locker when I saw her stuffing books into the locker. “Hey,” I said, leaning against the locker next to hers.

“Ohai,” she said, stuffing the last book and shut her locker. “What’s up?”

I shrugged. “Hungry. Mrs. Yule drained out all of my stamina, she seems to hate me lots. She made me did like, 5 questions on the blackboard! Did I do something to her in the past life?”

Neyla only laughed beside me as we walked toward the cafeteria. “Oh, I heard you and John finally kissed after years of too-sexual-to-be-friends.”

“What, who said that?”

“You think?”

“Pat,” we both sighed at the same time.

“So, did he say anything?” she asked.

“Who?”

“John.”

“Nope.”

“What?! I thought he asked you to be his girlfriend or something!”

“No, he didn’t.”

“What a shame,” she grumbled as we pushed open the cafeteria door. We went to the counters and grabbed our lunch. Today’s menu: spaghetti, broccoli with melted cheese, and we could pick between O.J or apple juice. I would go with mineral water.

We brought our lunch trays to our usual table, but no one was there.

“He likes you,” Neyla said, pointing her plastic fork to me. “And before you ask who again, it’s John.”

“No he doesn’t.” I rolled my eyes.

She placed down her fork and slammed her hands to the table. “Yes he does! It’s obvious!”

“Ha.”

“You are either moronic or clueless.”

“I’m too genius that I don’t notice that.”

“Too genius until you turn out to be moronic,” she mumbled, poking her broccoli with her fork.

“I’m sorry?”

“Nothing,” she faked out a smile.

“Hey, been here long?” Kennedy asked as he sat next to Neyla after giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

John sat next to me and I blushed, remembering what happened last night. I looked down to my lunch to hide my cheeks with my hair.

“What’s up with you?” John laughed next to me as he ruffled my hair.

“Nothing,” I muttered and started eating my lunch.

“Why is she so silent?” Kennedy asked. I felt Neyla and John both shrugged, but I also felt that Neyla was grinning.

Dammit.

“What are you exactly eating, sis?” Kennedy asked.

“Isn’t it obvious?” I asked back.

“Then what did you eat this morning? Or are you sick?”

“Whoa, what’s with the question, Kenny? And are they really coming out from your mouth?”

He laughed. “You’re just so silent today.”

“I’m okay, Kenny.”

“And you’re wearing skirt to school? That’s… something.”

I glared at him.

“Well I think she’s pretty,” John piped in.

I snuck a glance at John. He smiled at me.

Pretty’s just part of the things she does to amaze me…” Kennedy muttered.

Truth to be told, I couldn’t sleep last night. I fell asleep at 3 when I was actually already in bed at 11. I couldn’t stop thinking about the kiss, and until now, I kept on wondering why he kissed me.

Maybe he really does like me?

But it can’t be possible as long as Morgan is still alive…

“Oh crap,” Neyla suddenly said after reading a text message, making the three of us to look at her.

“What is it?” Kennedy asked concernedly as Neyla gulped down her mineral water and wiped her mouth with a tissue.

“I totally forgot I gotta do some group work for a science project in the library, now they’re waiting for me,” she answered, quickly kissing Kennedy on the cheek. “See you guys later.” And she darted off to the library.

It was silent for a while, until John asked, “Practice is today, right?”

Kennedy nodded. “After school or at 6, up to the others.”

“I have time,” John said as he twirled his spaghetti.

“My place?”

“Do we have any choice?” John laughed. “Your parents are always away, and you have a soundproof basement.”

“Right,” Kennedy said after swallowing his chocolate pudding – where the fuck did he get a pudding?!

“Kennedy where did you get that?” I asked, pointing at his pudding.

He shrugged. “The lunch lady gave it to me.”

“Ooh, she fancies you,” John grinned.

“Shut up,” Kennedy snapped jokingly.

Neyla
I raced up toward the stairs where we usually would meet. I stopped when I reached the stairs to the 4th floor and there he was. He was leaning against the wall with his backpack on the ground, waiting for me.

“Hey,” I smiled as I approached him.

He looked up from his shoes and smiled back as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a kiss as his hands landed on my hips.

“What took you so long?” he asked.

I shrugged. “I was at the cafeteria.”

“Oh… with Kennedy?”

I nodded.

“Hm,” he said, pulling me closer. He rested his head on my shoulder, nuzzling into my neck. I giggled as he kissed my neck.

Don’t get me wrong, I do feel bad for doing this all behind Kennedy. At one time I would have Kennedy’s arms around me, but at the same time I would be exchanging glances and smirks with another guy.

I would have been with Kennedy at one time, and the time after that I would be kissing another guy.

I like Kennedy, I really do.

But this guy… He’s like a magnet to me. He attracts me, and he knows that. He gives me shivers when he touches me, and he knows that. I can feel there’s a spark whenever our lips meet, and he feels it too.

What makes me feel even worse-slash-sluttier is that I’m sneaking behind Kennedy with his best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I was writing Neyla's POV while listening to Shameless and I didn't realize what the lyrics are about until the chorus came out... The irony.

And the last sentence should make it easier for you to guess who's the mystery man.

In the real life Nabila aka Neyla doesn't really like moccasins because of Caleb Turman :P I used my sister's moccasins few months ago and turned out that they're very comfy. I should buy a pair some time.

Oh, Daphne mentioned someone named Morgan. Keep that in mind, people.