Status: Inactive. i'm going to be rewriting this soon.

This Is for Keeps

Research

Image

Weeks passed by, and I became closer with the Cullen's. I had now been in Forks for 6 weeks, but it felt much longer than that. I had spent the night at Alice's almost every weekend. I found myself becoming closer to Edward. I never mentioned anything, but I knew the Cullen's were...different. They were all adopted, yet they all had the same colored eyes. I also noticed that their eyes grew darker sometimes. All of the Cullen's had ice cold skin. I noticed they were unusually fast sometimes. They were all inhumanly beautiful with incredibly pale skin. I was beginning to believe they weren't human.

It was saturday afternoon, and I was laying on my couch watching TV. My mind wasn't focused on the TV; it was focused on Edward. He never left my mind. Sighing, I turned off the TV and sat up. As I stood up, my mom walked in the front door smiling. It had been a while since I seen a true smile on her face.

"Hi honey. How was your day?" She asked, shutting the door.
"Pretty boring. Alice and Edward are out doing something today." I replied.
"Oh, what is Jessica doing?"
"She's out shopping with her mom."
"Do you want to go out to lunch? It's been a while since we've done something together."
"Sounds great. I'll be ready soon."

I walked into the bathroom and brushed my hair, and then changed out of my sweats. After applying some eyeliner, I went downstairs and waited for my mom. She came out of her room a few minutes later and smiled at me. We got in her car and went to Port Angeles.

After driving around, we found a restaurant that looked decent. After ordering our food, my mom still had a smile on her face. I sat there thinking what she could be so happy about. Did she get a promotion already? No, she would of told me. Maybe she met a guy.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked.
"Is it a crime to be happy?" She jokingly asked.
"Did you meet someone?"
"How did you know?"
"I don't know, just a guess. What's his name?"
"His name is William. He just transferred to the hospital a couple of weeks ago. He's a doctor."
"And?"
"Well, he asked me out on a date for tomorrow night, and I said yes."
"Really?"
"Yes. You're not mad at me, are you?"
"No mom. Dad would want you to find someone who makes you happy."
"Thank you sweetie."

Our food came and we dug in. The food was delicious, and I was full after eating. My mom and I drove around Port Angeles for a little bit. We stopped at a few stores, and I got some new outfits. It was nice to spend some time with my mom.

When we got home, my mom went off to her room, and I went to mine. After putting my new clothes away and cleaning my room a bit, I plopped down on my bed. Thoughts of Edward and his family were running through my head. I just knew something was up with them. I ha to find out.

Then an idea popped into my head. I grabbed my laptop and brought up google. I typed in 'cold, pale skin' and many websites came up, most of them with 'vampire' in the title. I clicked on a link and read the website. It explained the Cullen's perfectly. It may sound crazy to other people, but I have always believe vampires and such really existed. I finally figured out their secret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's kinda short. I ran out of ideas for this chapter. feedback would be lovely, people :]