Status: Inactive. i'm going to be rewriting this soon.

This Is for Keeps

Lunch with the Cullens

Image

First hour passed by quick, along with second hour. I was walking into my third hour class, and smiled when I seen Alice. She acted as if we were best friends, but I didn't mind. She was talking to a girl with pretty blonde hair whose back was facing me. When the girl turned around, my eyes about popped out of my head. She was possibly the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She had the same liquid topaz eyes, pale skin, and beautiful features like Alice and Edward.

"Sam! This is Rosalie. She's mine and Edward's adoptive sister." Alice exclaimed.
"Hi Sam. It's nice to meet you." Rosalie spoke.
"Hey. Nice to meet you too." I said, as the teacher walked in. I walked over to the teacher, and he immeadiately knew who I was.
"Samantha, right? You can go sit by Miss Hale." He said, pointing to Rosalie.

I walked over to where she was sitting, and sat next to her. Rosalie smiled at me and looked at the clock.

"Where's Edward?" Rosalie asked Alice, who was sitting in front of us.
"He should be here any second." Alice replied, turning to stare at us.
"Hey, do you want to eat lunch with us?" Alice asked with a big smile on her face. There was no way I could say no.
"Umm, sure. If it's cool with everyone else." I replied to Alice.

Alice looked at Rosalie, who nodded her head. Edward walked in, and my heart started to beat faster. 'Why am I acting like this? I've never even spoke to him!', I yelled at myself in my head. He sat down next to Alice, and mumbled something to her.

The rest of the hour went by quite fast. I wasn't paying attention too much. All that was on my mind was him. I was hoping to be able to talk to him at lunch. But I didn't get my hopes up. Before I knew it, the bell rang and Edward was out the door. I gathered my stuff and walked out of the classroom, and went to find my next class.

"Guten tag." The teacher said as I walked into the room.

She handed me a book and pointed me to a desk. I sat down and opened the book to the page she told me. All throughout that class, my mind would wander back to Edward. Why? I don't know. I was doodling in my notebook when the bell ringing snapped me out of my daze. It was finally time for lunch. As I stepped out of the classroom, Alice and Rosalie was standing there.

"Hi Sam!" Alice exclaimed.
"Hey Alice." I replied to her.

We walked to my locker and I put my stuff in there. Alice grabbed my hand and pulled me to the lunchroom. I gasped when she grabbed my hand. Her hand was so cold and icy.
When we got into the lunch line, I just grabbed an apple and a water. We all walked to the table, and I seen two guys sitting there. One of them was very muscular with curly black hair, and the other guy was also muscular, but not as much as the other guy, with messy pale blonde hair.

"Sam, this is Jasper and Emmett. Em and Jazz, this is Sam. She just moved here." Alice explained.
"Welcome Sam." Emmett said, with a goofy grin on his face.
"Hello." Was all Jasper said.
"Jasper's a bit shy." Alice whispered in my ear.

I took a bite of my apple, and from the corner of my eye I seen Edward walk into the cafeteria. He came over and sat in the empty chair next to me. Alice smiled at me and looked at Edward.

"Hello, I'm Edward. Sorry I didn't get to introduce myself earlier." He said, making my heart beat faster.
"Hey, I'm Sam." I replied to him, blushing.
"Awww look at her! She's blushing!" Emmett exclaimed, making me blush even more. "Emmett, stop embarassing the girl." Rosalie said, pushing him playfully.
"How do you guys all know each other?" I asked.
"Well, we were all adopted. Rosalie and Jasper are twins. Emmett, Alice, and I have no blood relations.Emmett and Rosalie are together, as well as Alice and Jasper." Edward explained to me.
"I see." I said, staring into Edward's eyes.

I finished eating my apple and looked around the cafeteria for a trash can.

"I'll be right back." I said, standing up. I threw my apple away, and walked back to the table.
"So why did you move here?" Emmett asked me.
"Well, my mom got a job promotion and we had to move here." I explained to him.
"Where did you move from?" Rosalie asked, brushing her hair behind her ear.
"Las Vegas." I said with a hint of sadness in my voice.
"Wow, that must be a huge change for you. I bet you miss it already, huh?" Rosalie said.

I nodded my head and took a drink of my water. The bell rang as I was tightening the cap on my water bottle. We stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. People were staring, and I wondered why. It's as if they had never seen the Cullen's with anyone before. It was starting to freak me out a bit. Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, and Jasper went off on their own, leaving me all alone with Edward.

"What class do you have next?" Edward asked as we reached my locker.
"Biology." I replied as I tried opening the locker. It wouldn't budge, and I was started to get frustrated.
"Let me get that for you." Edward said. I stepped away and he opened it the first try.
"Thank you." I said to Edward. I grabbed my notebook and shut the locker.
"I have biology next too." Edward said, smiling down at me.
"Oh, that's cool." I said, not able to think of anything else to say.

We walked into the classroom, and I looked around the room. A girl with brown hair looked over at Edward and I, and her face turned into a look of shock and hatred.

"Hello, you must be Samantha. Welcome to Biology. You can sit by Mr. Cullen." The teacher said, handing me a book.

I walked over to where Edward was sitting and sat down.

"So how has your first day been so far?" Edward asked.
"It's been good. Way better than I expected." I replied.

The teacher started talking, so I decided to pay attention to what he was saying. Every now and then when I would look at Edward from the corner of my eye, he was looking back at me. I was blushing like crazy, and I was positive he knew. Why does he have this affect on me?