Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Road Dogs

Leon and I sat side by side in the dressing room, waiting for the boys to finish warming up. John Taylor paced around the room looking for his lucky guitar plectrum. “You ready for the big game tomorrow Julia?”

I looked to John, slightly startled and shocked. I’d forgotten the Road Dogs were playing tomorrow. “Uh, yeah?” I answered, not sure if it was the right one.

“We’ll do some practices tomorrow.”

I smiled thankfully at him and stood up from Leon’s grasp to help John find his plectrum. I finally found it on top of the entertainment system then handed him it, he smiled and gave me a hug. I watched him walk out quickly, needed to get to warm ups in the large bathroom in the venue.

I sat back down next to Leon wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down onto the sofa in a big bear hug. I giggled childishly and turned to face him in his arms, he looked at me with such adoration that I couldn’t help but feel special during moments like these. Leon leaned forward and placed a heart fluttering kiss on my lips, lingering there sweetly with a small smile on his face.

“I’m glad you’re here with me. It makes me happier.” Leon whispered, “You make me want to be a better person.”

“I love you.” I whispered back to him, he smiled brightly at me and kissed my one more time.

He smirked, “I love me too.” He joked making me chuckle and kiss his nose.

The next day we were in Ohama, NE and were gearing up for a softball game against Marquis Jets employees. I changed into my white Road Dogs uniform and tied all of my hair back and put on some sunglasses. I tied my Nike dunks laces then scurried out of the bus as quietly as possible, Leon was still sleeping while we all headed out to the field. He slept a lot.

I jogged out of the bus then sprinted after noticing the whole team warming up on the far side of the pitch. I put on my blue Road Dogs hat as I ran then quickly dropped to the floor next to Kevin and joined in with the push ups. Being fit and growing up having to keep up with three boys is definitely a help in staying fit. I could do almost the same amount of push up as them and could play sports as good as any of them too.

While we stretched out our legs, Nick looked to me shoes then to me. “What?” I asked him.

“What have I said about those shoes?” I looked to the floor with a cheeky grin, “What happened during the last game?”

“I fell over.” I mumbled.

“You fell over, now go put on some proper shoes.” Nick ordered. As captain, I had to follow his instructions so I put on a frown and jogged back over to the dug out, kicking my legs against my backside as I ran.

I picked up Joe’s bag from the floor and pulled out the hideous Nike cleats and stubbed them against the floor and few times to loosen them up around my feet.

Suddenly I noticed a cameraman and reporter in the dug out, I smiled at them and grabbed my Lucozade. “Nick’s a pretty intense captain.” The reporter said holding out the microphone.

“Yeah, but we’re all pretty serious about it.” I heard my name being called from the distance, “Gotta go.” I smiled once more and then quickly ran out of the dug out, into the sun and over to my team who were huddled in a circle.

I squeezed in between Joe and Kevin who wrapped and arm each around my waist. “Okay Road Dogs, we lost our last match and now it’s time to kick it up a notch! We can do this, we’re a team and as a team we can win this are you with me?” Nick shouted to the cirle.

“Yes Captain!” We all cheered together putting our hands into the middle of the circle. “Road dogs!” We all chanted hitting our hands against each others.

We all crowded together facing the opposite side as the two captains flipped a coin to see who would bat first. “Road Dogs, batting first!” Paul shouted.

I grinned and walked beside Joe to the dugout, he slung his arm over my shoulder with a smile. I looked up at him and grinned, Leon wasn’t here so he couldn’t get mad at me. I finally felt happy being close to Joe, he was a part of me whether I liked it or not and I was always going to want him near me. So I decided to give up, Joe was my best friend and nothing should come between that.

Nick batted first then it was an endless run of being screamed at to hit harder and run faster, even if I had gotten round every single base with one hit there would be something wrong with it. But that was just Nick, competitive freak.

When it was our turn to field I was placed right at the back. One during the game one of the opposing team hit the ball so hard it came speeding towards me, I attempted to catch it but instead it slammed into my thigh.

“Ah!” I screamed out in pain. Despite my pain I reached for the ball and threw it to Garbo who got the player out.

I sat down onto the floor and pulled up my shorts to reveal a large pink mark on my thigh as well as some blood. I could see a small cut that was oozing the blood out, the ball had actually managed to cut through my skin. Whoever that jackass was that hit it that hard deserves a medal.

“Whoa, cut it!” Joe shouted, halting John from pitching the ball.

He jogged over to me as well as Nick, but Joe was closer. I winced as the blood pulsated underneath the newly forming bruise putting pressure on it. Joe knelt down next to me and twisted my leg slightly to look at it.

I winced, “Ow…” I groaned squeezing my eyes shut.

“You just attract flying objects don’t you?” Joe smirked, teasing me about the Frisbee that hit me in the face last week.

Once Nick came I noticed he had a black first aid bag with him. “I can still play, just bandage it off and make the pressure even.” I told him.

Joe rolled his eyes, but I could still see the worry in his eyes. “You sure?” He asked.

I nodded to him. Nick began to clear the blood off my skin while Joe unwrapped a roll of bandage then began to unravel the bandage as he moved it around my thigh. He continued to do that for around five layers of bandage.

“Bring in the understudy.” I chuckled, cringing whenever he wound it too tight.

He chuckled along with me and leant forward. His hair tickled the skin of my thigh as he bit the bandage, ripping it then tying it up tightly. Joe stood up right while Nick handed me a drink, I took a sip then handed it back. Carefully I pulled my knee up to my chest to get used to moving with the bandage.

“Ready champ?” Joe held out his hands for me and pulled me up from the floor. I giggled as he put his hand on the back of my head, I did the same thing to him then we pressed our foreheads together. “Gonna win this?” He shouted.

“Duh.” I replied, laughing.

We let go of each other then smacked our hands together then separated back to our positions. Then I saw him, Leon, watching from the stands with some of our crew and family. I gulped knowing he wouldn’t have liked that one little bit, but I couldn’t focus on that, the Road Dogs had a game to win.

Even with my pulsating thigh I managed to run pretty well and ignore the pain. I could tell Joe was finding it hard to focus while I was injured but with Nick as a captain he soon focused on the game in hand.

Needless to say we did win, we took pictures as the team all holding up our one finger then paraded around the softball pitch together. I noticed a news crew standing, waiting to talk to the Road Dogs, I grinned and clapped my hands as I walked behind Frankie who was parading the trophy around.

I headed over to see Leon who stood with a straight face but was pushed towards the interviewer. “So how do you know the Jonas Brothers?”

“I’ve known them since I was born. Then when I was seven my dad died and ever since then the Jonas family have taken care of my mom and I. So now we’re on the road with them.” I answered with a smile.

The reported smiled, “Every fan is jealous of you.” I chuckled and blushed, “I see you acquired an injury.”

I looked to my thigh and sighed, “Yeah, urm, one of the opposing team members hit the ball and I didn’t see it until it hit me in the thigh. It hurts but,” I shrugged, “The show must go on.”

“I was watching and Joe looked very concerned.” She said suggestively.

I giggled, “We’re best friends, he’s really protective and stuff. But yeah, I have a boy friend so.” I grinned.

“Well thanks for talking with us, Julia.” The reporter said shaking my hand.

I smiled and waved to the camera, “No problem.”

I didn’t get alone time to explain myself to Leon as everyone piled onto the bus and headed back to the venue. But, on the ride there Leon had let me know that I was to stay in the bus with him after everyone had left. So I did, stupidly enough, I stayed on the bus alone with Leon.

While he was in the bathroom, his phone started to vibrate. I answered it, “Hello?”

“Who is this?” A girl asked and my heart lurched.

“Julia, who’s this?” I retorted.

She chuckled, “Leon’s girlfriend.”

I stared at the phone then ended the call. I began to look through his messages, pictures, emails and she was there every single time. He’d been cheating on her with me and neither of us knew. He was with her before me and she thought he was on vacation.

“What are you doing on my phone?” Leon yelled, pulling the phone from my hand and grabbing my arm to pull me up from my seat.

Now that I looked at him, I felt nothing. Nothing at all, I had to end this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I have 47 subscribers. That means 47 people are getting emails for this story, clicking on the link and reading the chapter then consequently this.

I'm happy for the comments I'm getting but we can do better.

Leave me a comment here! Silent readers = fail.