Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Be my friend again

I felt a lot better later on in the day. I’d been invited to dinner with one of my old crushes from years ago, his father hit the jackpot and they lived in a swanky mansion near my current residence, the Jonas mansion. I decided to make a proper effort tonight, more than I’d put in ever before.

I’d found an expensive dress Denise had bought me two Christmas’s ago, it was spectacular and showed off my legs well. Some high sandal shoes gave me height and a chain link bracelet grasped my wrist. I curled my hair loosely and covered my face in powder and lengthened my eye lashes with some Dior Iconic. I placed my iPhone into a black clutch along with some lip gloss and money just in case.

“Where are you going?” Joe’s voice bellowed through my guest room as I stood up right and turned around.

“On a date.” I smiled and strutted past him.

He followed me down the stairs, “A date or a club? That dress is so short.” He scolded pulling the hem of it down.

I batted his hands away. “It’s fine and yes, a date with Ben.” I looked into the mirror and smacked my lips together. Then, the doorbell rang. Both Joe and I froze and looked at it, immediately we ran for the door but being in heels he beat me.

He swung the door open a small fraction so only he could be seen. “Hey Ben, what brings you here?”

“Um, I have a date with Julia?” Ben’s nervous voice said.

“Joe, move!” I shouted kicking the back of his legs causing him to drop to the floor. I swung the door open and jumped over him and out onto the porch. “Ready to go?” I asked quickly pushing him down the driveway.

Ben chuckled as I sped out to his car. “Be home by eleven!” Joe shouted obnoxiously.

I got into Ben’s BMW alone and quickly, though he didn’t offer to open or close my car door so he was going downhill already. Once we got the restaurant he didn’t open the door or pull out my seat, he may be rich but he has no idea about how to be a gentleman.

“So… tell me a bit about yourself.” I smiled, trying to strike up a conversation.

“Well, my father is an established business man and my mother doesn’t work. I’ve lived in Dallas all of my life but we’ve moved mansions quite a few times. I have no siblings but three horses and a dog…”

He continued like that for 30 minutes, going on and on about himself. I asked for ‘a bit; about him, not his life story which he continued to tell even as we ate. I glanced around the room hoping to find an excuse to leave and that’s when I saw them.

Three immature boys sat at a table in the corner all wearing hats and coats, although the heat inside the restaurant was to the maximum. I narrowed my eyes at them though they seemed to have no noticed my realisation.

I smirked, “Ben, could you take me home please?” I asked him putting on my jacket.

I saw them panic at their table, they knew I’d get home and they wouldn’t be there. Ben did one right thing though, he picked up the cheque and we were outta there leaving the three peeping toms peeing themselves in the corner. There was no way they’d beat us home.

Ben continued to talk about himself some more in the car so when he pulled up outside of the house I opened the door and stepped out. “Thanks for dinner.” I smiled sarcastically and slammed the door.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see the three brothers climbing through the kitchen window. I headed there quickly in the hope I could beat them but I was too late, they sat on stools leaning on the island out of breath and trying to hide it.

“Oh hey.” Joe smiled and waved to me.

I narrowed my eyes at them, shook my head and walked away. Six feet followed me as my heels clicked on the wooden flooring. “How was your date?” Kevin shouted as I rushed up the stairs.

“Leave me alone stalkers.” I shouted back and stormed into my guest room.

I slammed the door behind me, letting them know how annoyed I was, and then dived onto my bed. I pulled off my heels and threw them onto the floor making a loud clattering noise against the wood. The wood in this house was nice but excessive, some carpet wouldn’t go a miss. I crossed my legs and pushed my dress between my legs, no one needs to see my bits and bobs.

As I expected they knocked then walked in. “We were just checking up on you.” Joe tried to reason.

I rolled my eyes at him. “It was Joe’s idea!” Nick exclaimed holding up his hands and leaving, “Come on Kevin.”

I watched as Nick dragged Kevin away. Joe walked into my room and leaned up against the door with a smile. “I’m not happy with you go away.”

“Come on Jools, you know the drill. You date, I sneak, you get angry and eventually forgive me. Just speed up the process.”

I grabbed a pillow from behind me and launched it at him hitting him directly in his smug looking face. “You’re such a jerk!” I shouted, launching another pillow at him.

“Hey! Stop it!” He yelled back blocking his face.

I jumped off the bed and ran over to him. I whacked the pillow off of him and he quickly grabbed one to defend himself. With one swing of his now powerful adult muscles he hit me in the side. I fell to the ground like a rag doll and scraped my knee.

“Ow!” I screeched sitting upright. I looked at my bloody knee and groaned.

Joe was quick to get to my side. “Oh shit! I’m so sorry.”

The way he was positioned gave me the perfect opportunity for revenge. I swung my arm and punched him right in his package that was tucked tightly into his jeans. He crippled to the floor, holding his manhood while he winced in pain. I smirked happily and stood up.

“You should really listen to me when I say leave me alone.”

I skipped out the room, leaving him on the floor of my room. I walked down the hall headed for the game room to play some pool alone. Suddenly I was tackled to the floor face first. I managed to swivel underneath Joe’s heavy body, after that he gripped my body with his large muscular thighs.

He held my hands above my head rendering me unable to move at all. “Now what’s your plan?”

Joe smiled and used his spare hand to ‘tickle’ my sides, obviously forgetting that I was no longer ticklish as for last year where I managed to somehow turn it off. He frowned and sighed.

“My plan has been foiled.”

Joe’s weight was beginning to give me dead legs. “Joseph. You’re fat, get off me.”

Denise suddenly appeared behind Joe. “Get off her Joe.”

She pulled the back of his t-shirt, he fell backwards leaving me free to get up. But I had a dead leg. I limped into the games room and sat on top of the pool table giving my leg time to recover. Joe sat on it next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I pulled it off of my shoulder and he sighed.

“Come on monkfish.” I rolled my eyes at the use of my childhood nickname he gave me. “Be my friend again.” He smiled at me, widening his eyes and looking at me innocently. “You must be thankful that I gave you an excuse to end that date. He was so far up his own backside he could smell his own crap.”

I laughed but spat everywhere. “Nice.” I chuckled and wiped my mouth. I looked to Joe, unable to not be his friend. “Get some chocolate, pop corn and I’ll pick the film. We need a Joe-Julia night.”

A wide grin spread across his lips. “I’ll meet you in my room. Cinema room isn’t normal for a JJ night.”

I jumped off the pool table and ran into my bedroom. I pulled off my dress and put on my The Mighty Boosh shirt and some shorts. I dragged a brush through my hair and tied it all back then wiped off all of my make up. I picked out ‘Drag Me To Hell’ form my DVD pile and rushed into Joe’s room hoping to beat him.

I didn’t.

I set it up on his plasma TV, grabbed the remote and climbed onto his bed and pushed my cold feet under the cover next to him. Two bowls sat between us, one filled with pop corn and the other with gummy sweets. Oh well, I guessed they didn’t have chocolate in. I grabbed a handful of sweets and snuggled down into his bed smelling the comforting scent of Prada cologne.

I smiled as the film started up, ready for some personal time with my best friend.