‹ Prequel: One Last Time
Status: Finished.

The Way I Loved You

Horrible

Chapter 14:

It had been a month and a half since Ben and I had picked a date. And everyday I was pushing my wedding plans further to the back of my mind.

'Ri, you should really start looking at dresses.' Cassie said as I sat on the floor of our living room grading papers.

'Can you not bring that up right now, Cass?' I asked looking up at her. 'I'm...busy.'

'Yeah but you need to get that out of the way.'

'Are you a wedding planner?'

'No...'

'Shut the fuck up then.' I said trurning back to the essay I was trying to read.

'Rian!'

'What now?' I looked up to find Jess standing by our door.

'I need to talk to you.'

'Just barge in the house, Jess.' Cassie said laughing with Sarah. Jess ignored them and looked me right in the eyes.

'He's engaged.'

'Who is?' Sarah asked.

'No.' I said looking at Jess.

'Yeah.'

'Who's engaged?' Sarah asked.

I stood up and grabbed my coat off the couch and walked out the door, slamming it behind me. I walked down to my car and climbed in. I looked at the clock and knew he was probably having Liquid Lunch at Duffer's.

Ten minutes later I was pulling into the small Irish pub. I got out and stormed inside. I could hear Raab's laugh by the bar so I followed it. Raab and Dunn were laughing at some story Dico was telling them. Bam sat on the other side of them staring at the wall ahead of him, sipping his beer.

I walked up to him and pushed him hard on the shoulder making him turn. 'What the fuck, Bam.'

'What?' He asked.

'Engaged?'

'Yes.'

'Are you kidding?' I asked laughing slightly. 'You think that slut's going to be a good wife to you?'

'Don't call her a slut Rian.' He said standing up.

'I can't believe you. You're actually going to stick up for her?' I asked. The guys were now watching us intently.

'Yeah, that's what you do for your fiance. You should know. You're engaged too.'

'Oh, fuck off Bam.'

'You can't be mad at me, Rian. You did this to yourself.'

'I did this to myself?' I asked. 'How the fuck did I do this to myself?'

'By saying yes to that preppy scumbag.'

'I only did it cuase you fucked me over...once again.'

'So what are you saying Rian?' He asked.

'I'm saying for some fucked reason I still love you.' I said. He looked like I had just killed his mother. I swallowed hard and turned my back on him. 'I'll see you guys later.' I said mumbling to the others.

I walked out of the bar and got back in my car. I sighed heavily before turning the car on and heading for Wa Wa. I filled my car with gas and walked in to the store to pay. Looking at the magazine rack I noticed a wedding magazine. I rolled my eyes and picked it up.

I walked back into my house and placed my magazine on the counter.

'Modern Bride?' Jess asked reading the cover and looking at me.

'Yeah, I have like a month and a half to plan.' I said smiling a little.

'It didn't go well?' Sarah asked.

'It went horrible.' I said feeling the tears come.