‹ Prequel: One Last Time
Status: Finished.

The Way I Loved You

Old Time's Sake

Chapter 5:

'HIM?' I asked reading the name of the band.

'Yeah.' He said as he hit the seek button until he found song number four.

'Right Here in My Arms...' I said reading the back.

'You're going to like it.' He smirked over at me as we flew by Fairman's.

Bam drove all around town and remembering the old times with me. We laughed the entire time and for the first time in years, I was truly happy again.

'Shit, it's already ten.' I asked looking at the clock on his dash.

'I guess so.' He said chuckling a little.

'Cassie and I have to get home.' I said pushing my hair back.

'I'm sure Cassie left my house and walked to Tina's.' Bam said looking at me as we stopped at a red light.

'Who's Tina?' I asked.

'Her best friend. She lives like three houses up from me.' Bam said. 'I know more about your little sister then you do.'

'Look, I don't want to talk about that right now.' I said getting defensive.

'Sorry, Ri. Just stay at my place tonight. We'll go to your house and get you some PJ's and then you can sleep in the guest room.'

'Fine.' I said as he headed towards my mother's house.

We arrived a few minutes later and I ran in and quickly grabbed what I would need for the night and threw it into the back of his car.

'Ready?' He asked as I buckled my seatbelt back up.

'Yeah.' I said as he pulled out of the driveway.

'Let's go to Vito's!' He declared loudly and whipped into the driveway of his old house.

'Vito lives here now?' I asked.

'Yeah.' Bam said laughing and getting out. 'And Boof.'

'Bam, none of the lights are on!' I whispered harshly as he ran over to the door, only to find out it was locked.

'Fuck.' He muttered. 'Come on! We'll get a shovel out of the shed and break the kitchen window.'

'No!' I said stopping him. 'We're not getting arrested for breaking in your old house.'

'Fine! Let's at least go into the basement.' He said sighing and walking towards the small red door.

'Why?'

'Maybe we can find something to do in here.' He said opening the lock with ease and walking in.

Sighing, I followed him in. He turned on the light and I coughed on some of the mold that was in the air.

'You better hope none of the neighbors saw us.' I said shutting the door behind me.

'You still worry way too much, Ri.' He said laughing. 'Look for a box with my name on it.'

'Why?'

'Cause I know it's in here somewhere.' He said moving a few things around.

A few minutes later I stumbled across a box that had his messy writing across the top. I whiped off some of the dust and read: Bam's Shit.

'This box?' I asked pointing to it.

He turned and looked at the box. 'Good job, Rian!' He walked over and picked up the box and brought it over to the couch. He opened it and started laughing.

'What's so funny?'

'Come here.' He said.

I walked over and sat next to him. In the box was stuff from his old room. Most of it I recognized as stuff from our relationship.

'Look!' He said pulling out a yearbook and flipping through it. He had soon found my picture in our class. 'You were chubby back then.'

'Fuck off!' I said pushing his shoulder. 'You were fatter then I was!'

'I know! Look at me!' He said finding himself. 'Ew. Here.'

He gave me the book and continued digging in the box. I flipped to the back of the book where I knew I had signed it.

Hey babe!
I can't wait for this Summer to go to as many demo's as I can. I can't believe you finally got signed! I'm so happy for you. I love you more then anything else in the world and I always will. We're gonna be together forever, just like you told me last night. I love you, Bam. :)
Love, Rian

I smiled remembering the way I had felt about him once upon a time. I had been head over heels for him, and it was funny to think that years later we were just patching our friendship back up.

'Look how cute we were together.' He said laughing and throwing a framed picture of us at me.

He was holding me on his board while I just laughed at his crazy attempts to get me to skate.

'I remember this day!' I said laughing. 'You forced me into skating.'

'Yeah and I had you balancing by the time Raab pulled up in the pizza car.'

'Oh my God! I forgot he worked there.' I said laughing. 'And then we all went out and beat the mail boxes with Dico.'

'Yeah.' Bam said laughing.

'What else is in there?' I asked.

'Pictures from Iceland.' He said handing them to me.

I began to go through them. They made me smile remembering that trip. 'I hated you guys for making me go on this trip.'

'I know. But look at the bright side, we got to fuck in a foreign country.' He said smirking and standing up.

'And then you cheated on me when we got back.' I said looking up at him.

'Let's not talk about that.' He said. He looked down at the pictures in my hand and took the top one. 'I'm taking this one with me.'

'Which one is it?' I asked placing the others in the box and closing it back up. He handed it to me as he opened the door. I looked at it to find it was us kissing in front of a waterfall.

'Who took this?' I asked.

'Dunn did when we weren't looking.' He said. 'Fuck, it's raining.'

'So?' I asked handing him the picture. I stepped by him and stood in the down pour while he closed the door.

He turned to me and smiled. I smirked back and ran around the back of the house.

'Ri!' He yelled chasing after me. Laughing I slowed down a bit by the pine trees on the other side of the house. He caught up to me and we were both soaked and laughing by then.

'You're such a bitch. I'm soaked now.' He said laughing.

'Are you going to melt?' I asked laughing.

He was smiling and started looking at my lips. Suddenly his lips were on mine in a passoinate kiss.

'Fuck, I'm sorry Ri.' He said breaking it. 'I shouldn't have done that.'

'Bam, it's fine.' I said laughing.

'Not when you're with Ben.'

Why did he have to make Ben pop into my head when I was still on cloud nine from just being around him.

'Look forget it.' I said sighing.

'Let's just go back to my house.' He said walking towards the car.

I followed behind him realizing we had kissed for the first time in the same spot six years ago.

The drive back to his house was silent and I knew he was battling with himself on the inside. His eyes had changed to the bright blue they got when he was angry.

'Bam, relax.' I said sighing. 'I'm not mad at you.'

'Yeah, but I just fucked up the friendship we had just gained back.' He said.

'No!' I said laughing. 'Bam when I said I missed you, I meant I missed all of you.'

The look on his face completely changed and he smiled.

'Can we just forget about everything and just pretend we're sixteen again for the night?' I asked hoping he would agree.

'I would love that.' He said laughing. 'Besides, we already spent the night doing that.'

'Right!' I said laughing. 'Old time's sake!'

'So kissing is allowed?' He asked.

'Just as long as no one sees.' I said laughing.

'Okay.' He said smiling. 'So, how are we going to spend your seventeenth birthday?'

'Fuck off! I said laughing as he pulled in the driveway.

'We gotta be quiet.' He said as we made our way in the backdoor. 'I think they're all in bed.'

'Kay.' I said as he took my hand and pulled me up the stairs. 'Where are we going?'

'To my room for a minute.' He said as he pulled me into a dark room. He flicked on the light and I was glad to see his room was still very him. It was white this time, but covered in posters and skateboards...just the way it should be.

The band H.I.M. seemed to be his latest obsession considering the posters and t-shirts on the walls were mostly of them.

'I forgot to ask if you liked H.I.M.' He said opening his closet and looking for something.

'Yeah, they were good.' I said making him smile.

'There's a bathroom across the hall if you want to go change.' He said pulling his shirt off. I looked his body up and down and had to bite my lip. It had changed a lot since I had seen it last.

'Thanks.' I said remembering I was supposed to be changing after a second. I walked across the hall and tried to collect my thoughts. Bam still had that crazy effect on me that made me want to pin him down on the bed and ravage him.

After I had changed, I walked back into his room to see him putting new trucks on a board.

'What are you doing?' I asked placing my things on his bed and sitting next to him.

'Getting a board ready for tomorrow since I broke mine yesterday.'

'Why'd you break it?' I asked. I had always been interesting in skating. I was glad he had put a shirt back on.

'I got pissed off when I couldn't land a trick at FDR.' He said laughing. 'So I broke it into four pieces.'

'Nice.' I said laughing.

'Let's go downstairs and watch a movie or something.' He said placing his board on his endtable and standing up.

'Okay.' I said following him out of his room. We took a left and went down the main staircase and towards a closed door.

'Do we want snacks?' He whispered.

'No.' I said shaking my head.

'Okay.' He said opening the door which lead to a staircase. The walls were painted to look like a stone wall and I giggled a little as I headed down ahead of him. I waited for him at the bottom not knowing which way to go. 'Look!' He said opening the door to the left and revealing a room that could pass as an arcade.

'Why?' I asked laughing.

'Why not?' He asked closing the door and opening the door to the right. I walked into a completely purple room. Two quarter pipes were at either end of the room.

'What's this?' I asked following him over to the couch.

'My living room.' He explained turning on the TV. 'What should we watch?'

'Something scary.' I said sitting down on the couch. He picked a movie and shut the lights out.

'Move over.' He said. I smiled and made room for him.

He laid back on the couch and then grabbed my shoulder pulling me down ontop of him. Cuddling up to Bam, I fell right asleep.