Status: Started Up Again

Fate Has a Weird Way of Working Things Out

My Teammate Is Your Friend. Common Grounds Already

I gazed out onto the water and stuttered, "Th-ank you."
"Too bad it wasn't enough to win it..." The young man took a few steps forward, and stood beside me.

Snowflakes started to fall at a leisurely pace and my bottom lip began chattering.

"Are you cold? Here." The boy took off his jacket and set it on my shoulders.

I looked over at him and tried my hardest to give him a kind smile.

"You're Drew Doughty." I stated simply.
"Yes I am. And you are Kate Ross." He replied smugly.

This boy had a way of lifting my spirit. I laughed lightly, but then winced. The crying had given me a throbbing headache.

"Come on." He said calmly but sternly. He slowly started walking back towards the main street. "What hotel are you staying at?" Drew asked as we walked. The snow has started to thicken.
"Besoin."
"I'm staying there too, with a friend."

We walked into the lobby of the hotel and Drew check to see where some people were staying. He lead me towards the elevator and pressed the number three. Once the elevator stopped we got out and walked down the hallway. Drew came to a stop at room '354.' He opened the door with his room card.

"Hey Sidney. Look what I found outside."
Crosby walked towards the doorway where we were standing. "It's my star goalie! Kate, where were you?"
"Outside..." I replied, guessing Drew was friends with one of my teammates.
"Hmmm...."Sidney thought out loud. "So who are you rooming with?"
"Staalsy and Toews."
"Wanna join me and Drew tonight? I'm sure Eric and Johnny wouldn't mind."
"Okay, I'll be back then."

I walked out the door and across the hall to my room.

"Er [pronounced Air,] Jon, you two look like a bunch of girls!" I yelled walking into the room.

The guys were sitting on the couch , watching movies, and eating icecream.

"Come on! This is really good icecream," Eric whined.
"It's chocolate peanut butter!" Jon shouted.
I rolled my eyes. "I'm going over to Sid's. See you guys lat-"
"Be careful!" Jon shouted...again.
"Uhm, why?" I questioned.
"Sidney can be pretty charming....and you know..."
I widened my eyes, "Okay; first off that sounded really weird coming from a guy. Second, it's Sid. That would just be gross. Bye boys, love you!" I picked up my bag and started walking out of the room.
"Bye!" The yelled in unison.

I walked back to Siddy's room, and knocked on the door. No one answered.
"Guys! Open the door!" I shouted.
"Oh great..." I responded to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I found my notebook that this story was written in.
So I can finally update :]
Tell me what you think.
I have several other chapters already written, so updates should come fast.