Status: Started Up Again

Fate Has a Weird Way of Working Things Out

You All Are Like Family

I moseyed down the hallway. Where could those idiots have gone so fast? I was gone for two minutes!

I was tired of playing hide-and-go-seek in the hotel so I decided to go to one of my bestfriend's room. I went up one flight of stairs and opened the first door on the left.
"Cammy!" I called.
"Kate! How are you?" Cam Ward wrapped me in a hug.
"Could be better...."
"Awweh, Kate-sy, what's wrong? Tough lose, huh?"
Gah, I wish he wouldn't have brought up the game. "Yeah, and I have I have seemed to have lost Siddo, and his friend, Drew."
"Hmm....we can catch him later. DO you want to grab something to eat?"
"Sounds good."

We made our way downstairs and into the kitchen.

"It's all dark..." I whispered. We did not want to get caught taking food out of the the hotel kitchen.
"You scared?" He asked in the same anxious tone.
"Naw, are you?"
"No...."
"Ahhhh!" I screamed.

I was attempting to find the light switch, but I seem to have grabbed a head....a headful of hair.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone yelled as a light flickered on.
"You guys are so sweet! You actually remembered."
I wore a smile from ear to ear.

I've only known some of these guys for a few months, while I've known other for years. And one for a few hours..... But they're like family to me.

"Oh, and sorry 'bout the hair Sid." I winked.
As rolled his eyes laughing, "Anything for you Katie."

We spent a few hours down there, then we finally headed to our rooms.

"Two beds...let's sort this out..." Drew said, as all three of us stared the beds down.
"I call a bed. I don't care if I have to sleep with somebody..." The guys started laughing, "Shut up pervs- or if someone sleeps on the floor." I smiled "So sort if out between yourselves!" I jumped on the bed behind me, and quickly drifted to sleep.

I woke up the next morning...squished. O took my time to open my eyes, and wasn't happy when I did.

"What the heck is going on?!" I yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
You might be a little confused about the random Birthday bit, but look back to chapter 1:
"How could we compare this game; ... the biggest one of our lives to any other game? This was the gold medal game. And I was playing two years up. Most of the guys on my team are atleast twenty, and I am eighteen as of today."
Note the 'as of today.' So yes, I clued in that it was Kate's birthday.

Comments are always welcome!
I have a lot written still, I just need to type it up!