Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Paisley danced around her room to the new 'Weird Sisters' CD that she bought. She had saved up for a week to buy it and now she was dancing like no tomorrow. Neville was taking her to Diagon Alley to buy a new wand.

She had a wand already, but it was Grans old one, and she only had it because she needed something to learn with.

Neville was even going to pay for it, he said that the wand chooses the wizard, so Paisley could buy the wand that was daring enough to choose her.

“Nev!” She shouted bounding down the stairs, “Let's go!”

“Yeah, yeah. I'm coming!” He shouted back, “Get in the fire place.”

She did as she was told, flashing the finger at Neville when Gran wasn't looking. Paisley hated people telling her what too do.

“Just say 'Diagon Alley'.” Neville instructed. Paisley rolled her eyes.

“I've flewed before Nev.” She took the powder and threw it to her feet, “Diagon Alley!”

I felt the familiar spinning sensation, then a dull thump on the ground. I stood up quickly because I knew Gran wouldn't let Neville leave me by myself for too long.

As I predicted, it wasn't long until Neville came crashing through the fire place.

“Umpf!” He made a loud thump as his arse made contact with the cobble stone walkways of busy Diagon Alley.

People were hustling and bustling around the many shops adorning the streets doing some last minute shopping. Paisley unleashed her earth shattering smile Neville's way and they headed off the the shop the Paisley was most excited about. Ollivanders.

Neville held the door open and Paisley all but ran in, pacing up and down the seemingly unorganized shelves. It seemed as if there was a never ending supply of wands, Paisley's eyes were wide with excitment.

“Ah, the always overlooked Paisley Longbottom.” Said a ominous voice from behind the pair. Paisley whipped her head around in surprise, while Neville shook his head as he remembered his first trip to get his first wand and how mad Mr. Ollivander seemed.

“Well,” Said Paisley, sounding and feeling a little offended, “I'm not overlooked.”

“I see.” He regarded Paisley closely, it was silent for such a long time that when Mr. Ollivander suddenly clapped his hands in realization, Paisley jumped up in surprise and almost knocked over a whole shelf of wands.

“What's the big idea?” She said, getting angry at how absolutely mad this guys seemed.

“I have the perfect wand for you.” He smiled, a wide, gap tooth smile. He ran down one of the aisles on the right and emerged from a door on the top floor seconds later brandishing a wand, it had a dark pigment and was four and a half inches.

He handed it to Paisley, and she stood there admiring it, thinking that was what he wanted her do to.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Give it a swish.”

Paisley thought his tone was condescending so she swished the wand a little harder than usual in annoyance. She was beyond surprised when the east end of the store blew off. Ollivander clicked his tongue.

“I just got that fixed.”

Paisley smiled sheepishly, feeling guilty at her outburst, “Sorry.”

“I see that you are spirited and temperamental, I think I have the perfect wand for you, dearie.” He said, seeming very sure of himself. He rushed to the back of the store and ten minutes later he walked in the front door.

He handed her a beautifully carved wand, vines and flowers grew up the side, as it touched her hand a warm air brushed past her, filling the store and a tingly sensation travelled up her arm.

“NEV!” She shouted, smiling and pushing down the urge to dance around the store.

“As I have told many before you, the wand chooses the wizard.” Paisley wrapped her arms around Ollivander's torso and thanked him numerous times before Neville payed for the wand and had too drag Paisley out of the shop.

“Now, let's go get your owl!” Paisley said to Neville. Gran was so proud of him for playing a part in the Ministry of Magic debocal, that she offered to buy him something new for the school year. Neville wanted an owl.

“Yes, and you need to buy Trevor a new case.” He said as they both stepped into the Owl Emporium. Paisley was getting Trevor now that Nev was getting a new animal. She had wanted Trevor since Neville got him, when they were eleven.

“I want to get him a nice red case, with a red collar and a red leash, because you were always losing him.” Paisley prattled on about Trevor. Half an hour later Neville had purchased a tawny Owl, which he named Hermes, Paisley had bought numerous red items for toads.

After going to all the stores and getting the books they needed for their classes. On their way back to the flew network, they stopped by the Quidditch supply shop. Paisley gazed open mouthed at the many new brooms that most definitely exceeded her Gringott's account balance.

“Come on Paisley.” Said Neville, rushing past the store. Neville's experiences with broomsticks were not the best of times.

She spent a little more time staring the the Lightning Bolt 5000, the newest instalment from the Firebolt collection.

Neville dragged her away and they flewed home. Paisley was overwrought with excitement, things were finally starting to go her way.

Hogwarts in the morning, and her future was looking bright.
♠ ♠ ♠
Draco Malfoy is coming into the picture soon, be patient, I'm building up the tension.